What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Wookie SCROG in Coco w/ Drip Rings

kwikness

What's up ICMag fam. This is my first entry here so feel free to ask me anything and guide me along as well.

This will be my 2nd run of this beautiful, delicious strain from Bodhi: Purple Wookie. It's a [Purple Unicorn x Wookie] and purples from the inside out-- something I've never seen in any strain and produces some really frosty, terpy buds with great bag appeal. The only category it doesn't seem to excel at is bud mass (I've done side-by-sides with other strains), but it makes up for it and is well worth running for some nice head smoke.

I'll be running 600w in a 2x4 tent. Hand watering for now but it'll get scrogged and put on drip rings in another week or two.

Here's what I'm currently feeding:

• 12ml/gal Canna Coco A+B
  • 1ml/gal HG Root Excelurator (mostly used during end of veg and first week or two of flower)
  • 1ml/gal HG Drip Clean
And some money shots. We're at 5 or 6 days today. I'll post some closeups once I start seeing some nice pistils (and also with the bulb off so you guys can see some color :laughing:):
g0A1COT.jpg

xRKWpyL.jpg

hxN5syP.jpg

g0A1COT

Phases

Going to pull up a chair in the front row.

Looking good.

Do you put clay balls at the bottom as well or just the top?

What size pots are those? Is that the final containers as well?

How many times a day are you planning on feeding them, and do you feed till runoff or you going with no runoff cause I see you got the drip clean.

Good luck!

kwikness

Going to pull up a chair in the front row.

Looking good.

Do you put clay balls at the bottom as well or just the top?

What size pots are those? Is that the final containers as well?

How many times a day are you planning on feeding them, and do you feed till runoff or you going with no runoff cause I see you got the drip clean.

Good luck!

Hey man. Thanks for checking it out.

I put a small layer of clay pebbles at the bottom as well.

Not sure on the pot size but somewhere between 1/3-1/2 gallon and they're happy in those all through flower.

By mid flower they'll be getting watered every 8 hours or so with just a little runoff each watering.

Sforza

Veteran
I love that Purple Wookie. I grew three plants outside last summer. I had quite a good yield outside in the sun.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

kwikness

We're at about 18 days. Scrogged the tent today (this is my first time; don't make fun!)
EZPMzeD.jpg

dBvS8hI.jpg

Also took some cuts of what I'll be running next: Goji OG:
0ao5kbf.jpg

And last but not least, some fire pressed drysift I made from my first Purple Wookie harvest:
lq1O1t0.jpg

ff3301d6-99ff-426c-981c-3342c8e5145d

ratchy

I'm problys askn a silly queston but why them leaves cut at ends I'm still lurning so please excuse me:)

kwikness

I'm problys askn a silly queston but why them leaves cut at ends I'm still lurning so please excuse me:)

In the clone tray? Tipping clones leaves does primarily a couple of things:

• it reduces "leaf-crowding" when you have a bunch of clones packed together tightly, allowing them all to get some more light
  • it promotes rooting instead of leaf growth (I have no scientific evidence/reasoning on this one; just the way I learned and how many pros explain it)

Phases

I do the same thing when taking cuts - cut the bigger leaves at about 30-50 %

Was just showing a buddy of mine this trick. I think it helps them root quicker and like you said it reduces crowding if you have a lot of clones.

kwikness

67 days. Way less purpling than last run but my temps have been a steady 80F, even at night.

The screen made the colas about 300% more massive than last run. Never doing a run without one again.

OZiETPB.jpg

ZNXk2yt.jpg

packerfan79

Veteran
Yes sir. I know a great domestic US seed bank that can mail you some if you wanna PM me.

I know a couple myself. Thanks though. I have been growing black triangle for 3 rounds so far. I just popped some terpanado 2nd time on these. I also popped some cherry sunshine.

Phases

Wow. Those
Buds are looking huge and absolutely beautiful!!

So you think using the script helped that much?

I need to start using a screen. I have done a few in the past but I am starting a new room and everything is all over the place.

Keep up good work!!

kwikness

Wow. Those
Buds are looking huge and absolutely beautiful!!

So you think using the script helped that much?

I need to start using a screen. I have done a few in the past but I am starting a new room and everything is all over the place.

Keep up good work!!

Thanks man. Yes the trellis helps big time. Not only for bud mass but overall yield increase from being able to LST the taller colas a few trellis cells over and let some new ones form.

Phases

Kwikness

I hear you about the SCROG, I've started trying to use them and it looks to be working alright so far, although I think I need a bit more practice to get the whole screen filled in.

That's my CBD Dutch Treat at 6 weeks. You can see there is some gaps that didn't get filled in. My first run and these are from seed.

Once I run them again from Clone I think I'll have a better handle on things.

kwikness

Kwikness

I hear you about the SCROG, I've started trying to use them and it looks to be working alright so far, although I think I need a bit more practice to get the whole screen filled in.

I hear you there; I'll definitely be able to take advantage of it better next time now that I've seen how it works.

In your second picture, those colas that are way taller could have probably been stretched a few trellis squares over to both even out the canopy and fill out the trellis a little more.

Looks like your tree game is on point, though. Those girls look healthy and well-cropped.

Phases

Yeah you are right I could have spread those colas out better. Evened things up a bit. Ah well always learning - that's how it goes when you are a grower right?

So I usually grow in coco however I used to grow in Promix HP, which is what these are in except this time I used the coco nutrient formula 6/9 heads formula - with some calmag cause I have RO water, they are a little lighter than usual but they are doing really well.

I might even try doing another Promix run to see how it goes..