What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Franco the Strain Hunter

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I'm also not a fan of GHS but loved his dedication to the plant. RIP Franco, hope you find freedom in a green heaven !

Charles-scott

Veteran
Franko and I spent a fair amount of time together in 05-06 he paid me a huge compliment on my pink kush entry in the 06 High life cup saying it was some of the best MJ he had ever smoked well if nothing else he inspired me to give him every gram I had on me .
I had a few Bumps with the Greenhouse crew since that time that were totally out of my control although had I listened to Arjun & Franco about the company I was keeping They called me to a special meeting and I did not listen to them I would have been in a far better spot today .
So many people have said bad things about these Guys who from my position were like brothers all I can say is that they are great people I can't imagine the loss Arjun is going through and send my heart filled sincere love and good vibes to Frank's Family and the entire Greenhouse organization , The entire Cannabis movement has suffered a profound loss in Franco .

Most Sincerely

Charles D. Scott
Reeferman

t99

Veteran
From Greenhouse website:

Franco is an icon and helped change so many people’s lives. He will be deeply missed as a brother, father, son, friend and so much more. On his last trip to Africa he contracted Cerebral Malaria and passed away quietly after a short but severe illness. His work and passion for the cannabis plant helped change the world's view and his legacy will live on for generations to come.

After 150 flights in 2016 he still decided to travel to Congo again despite incredibly dangerous political meltdown that was happening at the time he was there. The saddest part of this story is that Franco objective was to assist locals in developing a medicinal landrace oil specifically for treating malaria! A disease whose prevention is so hopelessly underfunded because it primarily affects the poor.

Lethal

My thoughts goes to the family and close friends. Indeed a big loss for cannabis world.

Lethal

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks ReallyBilly. Franco was a real lover of cannabis and idealistic about it.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I can't see the Congo video. Does a public version exist? Also, did they ever actually release any of these strains or even use them in hybrids?

Latest posts

Latest posts