What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gypsy is finally home

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The old icmag was all about new blood, i was a teenager when i came here as an OG refugee, hungry for knowledge. Lots of positive and constructive guidance on the boards these days, plenty new faces and some familiar but war torn vets to cascade the knowledge.

We do seem to have a good mix of cannabis enthusiasts and generally the site does what it was first intended to do when I founded it 15 years or so ago.....Since I have taken quite a few knocks over these past years legally and socially it does look kinda retro since not much has really changed with the way the forums are laid out etc.

I wish I could shake your hand, Gypsy. You're one of the truly good guys.

Here is a virtual hand shake and hug for such kind words.:thank you:

From this old timer I'm very happy stuff is finally working in your favor.Pease and love to you and yours Gypsy .your 1 of my cannaheros

Many thanks man, its you oldtimers that are the roots of the site, so much love back-at-ya!

Glad to see you're back and your legal troubles are behind you.

Things are quite a bit easier with Skype. My girlfriend is also a Filipina and I remember how much trouble it was 10-15 years back calling her family. Had to buy phone cards at the post office or at the immigrant stores.

Things are starting to look up now since I have managed to garner all the required requirements for my wife's settlement visa in the UK, so hopefully she will be granted this application and join me with the kids after a forced 5 year separation.

As I've said before Gypsy put this ass on the line with icmag/seedsdirect to give us knowledge and forums to learn from each other to hone us into good growers. Also all the genetics he's made avalible to the worldwide cannabis community. Yes he's gained/profit a lot in many ways but he's lost a lot on this journey also. So to you younger guys that don't know what Gypsy has done and meant to the cannabis community, you need to understand he's one of the MAIN reasons your smoking great weed. Because without these forums a lot of guys including me would've never learned to grow fine cannabis. Gypsy's roots run deep in the cannabis community and please try to understand he's give his life to making/helping everybody learn to better grow and better find genetics that would never be in your hands if he didn't put them there. Thank you Gypsy and god bless mate. Hope young and old respect all we have because of your efforts and sacrifices

Without knowing I had this site to come back to and all the wonderful growers/breeders on it my incarceration would have been that much harder to bear.....its been great to be back and busy once again on ICMAG, and you know - I couldn't do it without great folks such as yourself, and many others.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I personally can't say thank you enough. Without seedsdirect, seed boutique, seedbay and definatly icmag I would be lost. I feel like a old hard drive loaded with info over the yrs lol. But I hope everything gets better Gypsy. You've done to much for this community/ worldwide not to have the things you want in your life.

Cannfucious

Gypsy, you are loved and you are always a light that shines on our global Cannabis community. I wish you all the blessings and happiness attainable in life. You have always been a good seed mate! Thanks for everything, since the Overgrow days! :tiphat:

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Gypsy, it has taken me a couple years to get back to this thread and I am glad I did. You show an extremely high level of class for not showing resentment that a person, who is of less class and integrity as yourself, served you up as his own cowardly accomplished escape route for penalties arising from his own incompetence. I too believe that Karma is not mine, it is handled from an much higher power and respect your decision to not add blood to a shark tank. The poor fool is undoubtable afraid for his life, constantly looking over his shoulder and living in shame. The are many among us that would certainly take matters into their own hands and if traced back to you could increase your problems exponentially. Since your release, the only thoughts I had for you were seeing you reunited with your family.

Passport... I would be afraid to use it myself. Indeed I am. I was granted political asylum in the USA because of my brother's affiliation with the Medellin Cartel, and my customers in the state department. My extradition to Colombia and certain death sentence was on the table for my sentencing, my the prosecution feels I slipped thru a loop-hole in US Law. I had to pay 20k USD to avoid being extradited and if I didn't pay that I may very well not be writing this right now. I look at my passport as an invitation to death right now as many of the countries outside of the USA are mere vassals of the USA, and the Philippines is one of them I may add. They have been vassals since WII, acting as one of the USA's mob enforcers ever since.

Stay smart, keep your head down and get your family into the UK. Nothing else matters my friend.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I always forget to tell the story about one of my business trips to Subic Bay to buy art.

I was going my first time and shortly before arriving I read a circular from the US State Department about the archaic laws regarding cannabis in the Philippines. Years in medieval dungeons served out like candy for the smallest of possessions and worse for the possession of seeds. I was floored.

I went with my partner, a Japanese man to Subic city for a little R&R while on the trip. We were drinking beer and flirting with all the ladies and I let my guard down. I bought a joint from one of the ladies and went outside to smoke it.

Just as I was finishing I looked up and seen possibly a score of local men heading towards us with their hands out ready to grab. The be honest, I just have been able to take the lot at that time, but I become extremely paranoid. I swallowed the roach without even thinking. In the end that was what saved me.

I couldn't wait to get back home after that happened.

Billygoat

Hey Gypsy,

sorry this is a little late, but I'm glad you made it home. Heard some of the news through the grape vine while dealing with my health issues, but I'm glad you made it home. Nothing but the best for you and your family. You've done a ton for the cannabis community over the years and I know I'm very grateful for it and these young pups have no real clue. Glad to see your back.

Take care,
BG

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I personally can't say thank you enough. Without seedsdirect, seed boutique, seedbay and definatly icmag I would be lost. I feel like a old hard drive loaded with info over the yrs lol. But I hope everything gets better Gypsy. You've done to much for this community/ worldwide not to have the things you want in your life.

I'm an old campaigner wvkindbud and will continue to do what I can to serve this community by keeping this site up and running at the very least. I do believe that ICMAG is a valuable resource that many have benefited from over the years, and I will do my best to keep it here for all of you to enjoy.

Gypsy, you are loved and you are always a light that shines on our global Cannabis community. I wish you all the blessings and happiness attainable in life. You have always been a good seed mate! Thanks for everything, since the Overgrow days! :tiphat:

You are very welcome Cannfucious.......with such kind words too.

Gypsy, it has taken me a couple years to get back to this thread and I am glad I did. You show an extremely high level of class for not showing resentment that a person, who is of less class and integrity as yourself, served you up as his own cowardly accomplished escape route for penalties arising from his own incompetence. I too believe that Karma is not mine, it is handled from an much higher power and respect your decision to not add blood to a shark tank. The poor fool is undoubtable afraid for his life, constantly looking over his shoulder and living in shame. The are many among us that would certainly take matters into their own hands and if traced back to you could increase your problems exponentially. Since your release, the only thoughts I had for you were seeing you reunited with your family.

Passport... I would be afraid to use it myself. Indeed I am. I was granted political asylum in the USA because of my brother's affiliation with the Medellin Cartel, and my customers in the state department. My extradition to Colombia and certain death sentence was on the table for my sentencing, my the prosecution feels I slipped thru a loop-hole in US Law. I had to pay 20k USD to avoid being extradited and if I didn't pay that I may very well not be writing this right now. I look at my passport as an invitation to death right now as many of the countries outside of the USA are mere vassals of the USA, and the Philippines is one of them I may add. They have been vassals since WII, acting as one of the USA's mob enforcers ever since.

Stay smart, keep your head down and get your family into the UK. Nothing else matters my friend.

Its 6 months now since the feds extradition attempt against me failed on appeal in the High Court since it was determined by the UK Judges that I had not broken any laws and I have not been bothered at all by any coppers/lawyers etc since, just a few journalists after stories to do with my plight is all....

I don't do hate.....because it just eats you up inside and sometimes its best not to get caught up in revenge and recriminations since it could lead to even more problems, even if it is served cold.

Having a passport but not being able to travel abroad with it is kinda weird. I had best just stay in the UK and not risk being nabbed travelling to some other country that would probably arrest and detain me and start the whole extradition process over again, under the Interpol red notice that's still out there for me - if I dare to travel beyond the shores of the UK ever again.....at least I'm free nationally, if not globally.

I always forget to tell the story about one of my business trips to Subic Bay to buy art.

I was going my first time and shortly before arriving I read a circular from the US State Department about the archaic laws regarding cannabis in the Philippines. Years in medieval dungeons served out like candy for the smallest of possessions and worse for the possession of seeds. I was floored.

I went with my partner, a Japanese man to Subic city for a little R&R while on the trip. We were drinking beer and flirting with all the ladies and I let my guard down. I bought a joint from one of the ladies and went outside to smoke it.

Just as I was finishing I looked up and seen possibly a score of local men heading towards us with their hands out ready to grab. The be honest, I just have been able to take the lot at that time, but I become extremely paranoid. I swallowed the roach without even thinking. In the end that was what saved me.

I couldn't wait to get back home after that happened.

Quick thinking at your most vulnerable times can often save the day. I have seen guys in jail in the PI's for just a couple of joints being held for months or years until they can find $500 bail money, and when convicted have had to do serious time......just the legal process to try someone can take 10 years or more in such a corrupt and constipated judicial system.

Hey Gypsy,

sorry this is a little late, but I'm glad you made it home. Heard some of the news through the grape vine while dealing with my health issues, but I'm glad you made it home. Nothing but the best for you and your family. You've done a ton for the cannabis community over the years and I know I'm very grateful for it and these young pups have no real clue. Glad to see your back.

Take care,
BG

Hey Billygoat!....Long time man, long time, and its very nice of you to drop in here wishing me well. I didn't realize that you had some health issues mate, hopefully you are over them now.

Last edited:

Dee.S73

Ciao GN, any of your old numbers still working ? I'ld like to get in touch with you but can't message u here...
peace
DS

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I just bumped your post count up to 60, so now you should be able to send me a Personal Message Dee.S73

Ciao GN, any of your old numbers still working ? I'ld like to get in touch with you but can't message u here...
peace
DS

Dee.S73

I just bumped your post count up to 60, so now you should be able to send me a Personal Message Dee.S73

Thanks G, though I just tried and still got this :

DS

Edit : thanks, it's working now

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_123106.jpg
    IMG_20180920_123106.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

7thson

Funk 1 or something similar

Funk 1 or something similar

Glad u made it through the stretch.Prison is a whole other world!
Also I know how hard it is to be away from family too,I think the weirdest part,is meeting people u like and becoming friend's with and u know you'll have nothing to do with them on the out's.

Stay strong:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts