What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

Highcountry

Mob s2 and mob99 from highrise seeds were quite berry tasting and smelling. Also blue dynamite from next generation. All three are nice to grow and smoke.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
@dankfrank how is it that i never heard of the Digiberry? Now i'm looking forward to that. :D

Although i've grown a few plants out with some Blueberry heritage it's never been the pure line. I do have a blueberry/lemon/poppyseed muffin pheno/flavor-type of BlueberryBlast that is mouthwatering.

@Golden Tree with a bit of good fortune i'll be attempting to sprout some of those Purple Menace seeds in the near future. They look great.

Golden Tree

Eye Blue MH lighting I've found has always brought out better berry tasting flavors in my blueberry...lose a tad on yield but the increased berry tastes...aromas...are worth it.....

DJ Short....and the Rev both recommend that style of lighting...and I can vouch...they got it bang on....

Good luck with DP....

Cheers buddy

Respects

GT

Golden Tree

Now....if we could light a fire under Reefermans ass....lol...

We could maybe get our hands on the new Fraser Valley Bluberry...

That just took a cup home...and apparently this is THE blueberry to run if you're looking for a kilker smelling old school blueberry...

Let's go Reef...JK...lol

Be well dudes

GT

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Eye Blue MH lighting I've found has always brought out better berry tasting flavors in my blueberry...lose a tad on yield but the increased berry tastes...aromas...are worth it.....

DJ Short....and the Rev both recommend that style of lighting...and I can vouch...they got it bang on....

Good luck with DP....

Cheers buddy

Respects

GT

I've run mixed SHPS and Blue before and the plants loved that combination. Most robust smells i've had out of those cultivars that responded more to the broader spectrum. It does seem a cultivar dependent response for sure.

Definitely the way to go for maximum smoking enjoyment in my book as well.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
BTW....Your a king 3rdEye!

Respects buddy...;)

GT

Swell of you to say so. :biggrin: I'll gladly and preferentially be called brother over king any day of the week although i do know how you meant it. ;)

Looking to make this next decade the reign of seeds for me at least.

You deliver lots of positivity GT. Mucho gusto.:tiphat:

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
picture.php

Golden Tree

Hey Scrappy....

Hope your well buddy...:)

I remember him saying in a thread...

It was a one in a million type plant.....

some grower in The Fraser Valley shared it with him...he said it was a slow vegger...yielded very well...and had a very very strong addicting BB smell....

He worked it to his G13 and it maintained the classic sought after BB smell that made this that one in a million plant

Matt at BCBD just recently won a cup with her....not sure if it was the original mom....or the BB x G13....

But the excitement for these seeds amongst us BB fanatics is bloody PALPABLE....;)

Cheers buddy

Much respect

GT

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Hey, I know this is a three year old thread, but I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who love blueberry! So give your opinions.

I haven't tried many blueberry strains, but I smoke some real blueberry-tasting bud grown out of Chimera Ultimix, which was all BB crosses.

Like the OP asked, what's the "best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..."?

highsteppa

Veteran
The best blueberry is a stretch indica. It roots and vegs quickly and has a lot of vigor. It's done in 55-60 days and smells very loud and fruity. It's a top commercial plant due to the veg speed, short bloom and high yield. It can take over a grow space of you don't tie it down/lst it...and it has that euphoric indica buzz.