You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > A new start

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
A new start Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 12:51 AM #601
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Always a new project, you're very industrious How many days 12/12 have they had? Past 70 days is a bit too long for my patience, unless it's a couple of plants in a perpetual grow
blackone is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 12:00 PM #602
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant future
All Things Come To Those Who Wait!

But it's hard man indeed, but I wanna see ambers!

Old 10-11-2018, 03:33 PM #603
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
It's not actually the waiting as such. More like the energy use I find hard to justify for long flowering stuff. 8-9, max 10 weeks is fine as long as it's balanced by an increased growth/stretch in flower so you can spend less electricity in veg.
I would love to make a little side closet for longer flowering stuff though

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:37 PM #604
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackone View Post
It's not actually the waiting as such. More like the energy use I find hard to justify for long flowering stuff. 8-9, max 10 weeks is fine as long as it's balanced by an increased growth/stretch in flower so you can spend less electricity in veg.
I would love to make a little side closet for longer flowering stuff though
I have been buying around 100 grams of hash, each month for the past 10 years. I pay less for 10 weeks of 12/12 then 1 months worth of good hashish, so to be honest it's easy for me to justify, even to the misses!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:52 PM #605
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Garage side about done

Old 10-11-2018, 03:58 PM #606
blackone

True, the electricity cost is pretty much a non-issue. But I'm trying to stay within reasonable electricity usage to not stand out too much compared to a normal household usage, and I want to get as much bud from my self-imposed quota as I can At the same time quality is still very important so it's going to be a compromise. If a strain is boring then I don't care if it's the biggest and fastest yielder in the world - it's going to be replaced by something worth smoking. A very bad yielding or long flowering plant too unless it's exceptional. In that case it will always have a place in my garden, but will probably not be the bulk of what I plant

Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 PM #607
Palindrome
King of Schwag

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:38 PM #608
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackone View Post
True, the electricity cost is pretty much a non-issue. But I'm trying to stay within reasonable electricity usage to not stand out too much compared to a normal household usage
But what is normal household use?

I have two aquariums, with 300 Watt heating in each, pumps and light.
My PC runs at 750Watt at max work load, misses PC got at 600 Watt PSU but don't run full load.
Many modern houses have AC/heatpumps now days, 2-3 kids with PC, TV and playstation in each their rooms. Besides all the regular things, freezer, fridge, waterheater, tumble dryer and washing mashine, dishwasher.

The power company only care about you paying on time, at least thats my experiance even when I ran my large op. I just called my power company, told them I had a big oven for burning cheramic pots and tiles. And reheating it would cost more then running it 24/7. They only asked how many Kw hours more Id be using, and in the end offered me a better price per Kw/h.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:05 PM #609
blackone

Average household use is around 4-5000 kWh per year, pretty much the same as the 1000w I'm using in flower. Add to that ventilators running 24/7 and vegging lights. There is some variation but my usage puts me in the top 5%. Not too bad because that's still thousands of people but going much beyond that is outside my comfort zone. If I didn't give a damn about electricity use I would just connect to the 400V outtake and pull 3*16A@230V 11kW but perhaps a max of 5—6 kW flowering juice when accounting for power factor, vegging and ventilation.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:40 PM #610
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of light
I really like that door man, keep up the exceptional work.
Itsmychoice is offline Quote