Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Breeder's Laboratory > Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Thread Title Search
Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2018, 01:17 PM #141
Carraxe

Carraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of light
Hi

I can say that pollination worked in the Senegal female. So we're going to have Mextiza-Senegal babies

I can't say the same about the AngolaSenegal pollinated with Mextiza. For some reason, sometimes I can't get frozen pollen to work.

Senegal started flowering outdoors, after she revegged, so I estimate about more 6 weeks of flower.

Shiny resin and big calyxes, I like this genetics. This plant has a lot of branches and only a few are pollinated, one of the pictures shows some of the tops, but there are more than the double. I believe that curved leaves can be a symptom of overfeeding.

And this is the Angola Senegal I couldn't pollinate. Slender and thing, growing upwards quite quickly.

Cheers

Last edited by Carraxe; 10-08-2018 at 07:33 AM..
Carraxe is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:16 PM #142
Carraxe

Carraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of lightCarraxe is a glorious beacon of light
This is the Angola Thai. The pheno has been selected to be in the exact middle point between the two parents, as the people who made the selection claim. No hangover or feeling of fatigue after smoking her.

She needs 14 weeks but is for sure a premium sativa. I'm feeding her too much nitro, as the color of the leaves signs. She is branchy and I love the very Thai leaves she has.

I'll cross her with a (JHxMextiza)xMextiza male, or maybe with a male from the next cross, that will have less influence of the Jack.

Cheers

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:15 PM #143
Carraxe

During last year, since I implicated in the Mextiza preservation project, I've planted hundreds of seeds, both made by me and sent by others. I've been selecting both males and females, I've kept some special females and I've used all good males to pollinate different sativa females I keep. I always try to use as many males as possible to get more diverse results.

I didn't keep any male, I've used all of the selected ones to pollinate. But now I've just discovered a male between the plants I have. It is labelled W, has no mutations at all and looks branchy and perfect. I keep clones in vegetative state, so I can keep it longer for next projects. I'll try to pollinate a selected female, Old Mextiza #6, that smells much stronger than normal Mextizas, but it is tricky because of endogamy and I don't know if I'll succeed.

Cheers

Old 10-11-2018, 09:17 PM #144
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud of
Another great threat brother!Thanks!
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM #145
Carraxe

These babies are the first step in the Mextiza Rebuilt. 75% Mextiza, 25% Jack Herer. One of the worst effects of endogamy, the low germ rate, didn't happen this time. Most of the seeds have sprouted, and they've been in soil for just 5 days.

I'm curious about how these plants are going to be. I know the Mextiza is very dominant, and the Jack is very neutral, so I expect plants very very similar to the original Mextiza. I'll select males to cross with my select Mextiza females to make more seeds.

Cheers

Old 10-18-2018, 12:20 PM #146
Koondense

Koondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud of
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Hats off to you sir carraxe, I love your work with mextiza.
Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:43 PM #147
therevverend

therevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud of
Nice work with these lines. I'm pleased with Mextiza grew it outdoors this year. One is finishing up and one is a week behind. One is fruity citrus wonderful smell like freshly squeezed orange juice. The other is other is also fruity but has a ranky gnarly undertone. Smells like some of the old Mexi brickweed.

If I was a 'pure' breeder looking for my favorite it'd be the fruity one but I haven't smelled that nasty rank smell since the 90s I find it interesting. A bit similar to the skunky Indicas but not related at all. I doubt Mextiza has any Indica in it unlike many other so called landraces. Not that it matters to me, I grow what I like, but it's interesting to see it develop differently then the hybrids I usually grow.

I recommend you try growing it outdoors it really shines. I've had my worst year in years, mold everywhere, I've lost less then a gram on the Mextiza.

The ranky one has a terrible powdery mildew attack the lower bushy part of the plant is a mess. I'm going to spray greencure in the morning and hack some of the top hopefully the UV radiation will eradicate some of it. The PM gets worse when it's hot and dry.
therevverend is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:00 PM #148
Mustafunk
Vibes Collective

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
Everything is looking great bro... i'm curious on smoking the Senegal and Angola/Thai cut in order to compare those to the ones I've grown in the past. This was the angolese pheno:

Catch up soon!
Mustafunk is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:19 PM #149
baduy

baduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of light
Can't believe I missed this thread. Great work.
baduy is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:01 PM #150
Carraxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
Nice work with these lines. I'm pleased with Mextiza grew it outdoors this year. One is finishing up and one is a week behind. One is fruity citrus wonderful smell like freshly squeezed orange juice. The other is other is also fruity but has a ranky gnarly undertone. Smells like some of the old Mexi brickweed.

If I was a 'pure' breeder looking for my favorite it'd be the fruity one but I haven't smelled that nasty rank smell since the 90s I find it interesting. A bit similar to the skunky Indicas but not related at all. I doubt Mextiza has any Indica in it unlike many other so called landraces. Not that it matters to me, I grow what I like, but it's interesting to see it develop differently then the hybrids I usually grow.

I recommend you try growing it outdoors it really shines. I've had my worst year in years, mold everywhere, I've lost less then a gram on the Mextiza.

The ranky one has a terrible powdery mildew attack the lower bushy part of the plant is a mess. I'm going to spray greencure in the morning and hack some of the top hopefully the UV radiation will eradicate some of it. The PM gets worse when it's hot and dry.

I've had outdoor Mextizas since the year I met her, and as any plant, they are much better outdoors than indoors. But the outdoors season isn't enough for me. I have too many breeding projects going on and I can't perform annual steps, I need to go faster.

Talking about your plants, I'd wait to smoke both of them before picking a keeper, if you can. They are quite similar, but don't discard any just in case. Now should be a good moment to harvest them, I cut mine two weeks ago already because of rains. It's been a horrible year for funghi here as well.

I do believe Mextiza has some Indica on it, in fact Phylos links her with Skunk. After years growing different landraces, including several Mexican, I can point the difference. Enormous amounts of resin, many glands and very big calyxes, with such a strong high are consequences of hybridization for sure. What is nice is that Mextiza is a weed that mixes the speed of the fast indicas and the best of the Mexican flavor, and much of Mexican effects. But she is much stronger than any sativa landrace, its THC level is beyond 10%, according to the tests made on Oaxaca '79. Probably a Mexican cultivar was hybridized back in the 70s and a lot of selection was made to develop Oaxaca '79.

I don't seek "authenticity" but quality. I prefer Mextiza over any weed I've smoked, and I don't care it's an hybrid. She is fucking great.

Let's see how she mixes with the other great sativas I have. I've just pollinated the Thai Angola with my newly discovered male, that's an extreme sativa as well, but probably a little hybridizated in the Angolan side, as other La Mano Negra works. We should send her to analyze.

Cheers

4 members found this post helpful.