Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Human Shit is good Fertiliser

Thread Title Search
Human Shit is good Fertiliser Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 01:59 AM #31
therevverend

therevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud of
The idea that carnivore manure is bad and herbivore manure is good, not true. In the biosolids (manure made from human shit) articles I linked to earlier it talks about how in the 19th century in the US there was a business collecting everyone's feces, hauling it to the farms, and breaking it down into manure. Today more and more American cities are converting their sewage into manure to sell to farmers. Despite the high meat diet of most Americans.

Which brings up the point that if you're squeamish about smoking pot or eating food grown from human fertilizer, you probably already have considering a label isn't required. If you want to avoid this eventuality buy organic biosolids are not approved. Probably for good reason.

This sort of discussion is yet another example of how cut off we are from our food sources. When granny dies we don't throw her in the compost pile. We either seal her in a casket that keeps her molecules from mixing with the earth or vaporize her down into a few handfuls of ash.

One idea of mine is that as humans have replaced animals that die, rot or are scavenged and become part of the soil. The earth is slowly losing it's fertility. We're removing huge amounts of biomass and not replacing it. At least the increase in biosolid use is countering this trend a little bit.

At Snoqualmie Pass in Washington the little town and ski resort process all their sewage and spray it out into a forest. My friend refers to it as the 'poopy forest'. There's lots of signs warning people what a shitty place it is.
therevverend is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:46 AM #32
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356732

How long are folks flushing ?

Seemed relevant.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 09:20 AM #33
Klompen

Klompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyposomniac View Post
How do you keep the flies off your butthole?
...or is that part of the design?
They don't actually fly. Just need to put a valve on the poop shoot to keep them in there. They're aggressive eaters, and they will eat damn near anything(even things worms can't handle)
Klompen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:24 PM #34
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356732

How long are folks flushing ?

Seemed relevant.
Well you don't flush cause you want to save that shit not flush it! (JK)

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 01:58 PM #35
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really niceDirt Bag is just really nice
It depends on what said humans eat.
Dirt Bag is online now Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 04:41 PM #36
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
KELLOGG fertilizer company uses human excrement in their products and their shit is from Los Angeles metro area, from what I understand.

I think folks are WAY cutoff from the reality of things in general.

We've made a whole bunch of natural processes taboo...
such as LOUD farting in public...
Everybody thinks it's funny so why is it taboo?
MJPassion is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:45 PM #37
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Keep your gas for self... ;D LOL

Imploding fart technique..
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 06:30 PM #38
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Imploding farts sound painful!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 PM #39
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
We fart so we don't GET shitty ideas
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 07:14 PM #40
MedResearcher

MedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
I'll stick with raw salts.... and won't ever knowingly smoke human shit weed.... If I have smoked it in the past it was due to ignorance...

This might be a reason to pass on "organic" dispensary weed too...

Who determines what is organically grown pot and not organically grown pot in a dispensary?

Are they monitoring the growers and what they use to grow?

I'd definitely want to know if they used human excrement to grow the weed I might be purchasing...

Yet another reason I'm glad I grow my own!!

Have friends who are Cali licensed producers. They claim, organic, biodynamic, sustainable. Their compost source is human manure.

I did look at the compost, and it had an insane amount of worms in it, and was very very dark thick and moist. I did not stick my hand in it though.

Mr^^
MedResearcher is offline Quote