Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > The myth, of the high P myth?

Thread Title Search
-
The myth, of the high P myth? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2018, 12:29 AM #821
BongFu

BongFu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMalley View Post
I donít even think that companies are trying to deceive you and write some exaggerated number on the bottle. I think sometimes it is rounded up like the canna terra Vega. It says 3-1-4 but on the back it is listed as actually 2.6-1-3.1 or something like that Iím not sure but it is rounded up...

I'm sort of wondering how this thread became a I have no idea how to formulate, can you help thread which dilutes the great information which was posted here years ago.

And to answer that - look at it this way, if a company lists accurately they give their formula away to any half arsed formulator. Would you list accurately if this were the case? Then of course there are the garanteed minimums and compliance testing by agricultural regulators so you always list lower than is in the bottle to ensure any discrepencies don't fall below guaranteed minimum.
BongFu is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:37 AM #822
OMalley

OMalley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongFu View Post
I'm sort of wondering how this thread became a I have no idea how to formulate, can you help thread which dilutes the great information which was posted here years ago.

And to answer that - look at it this way, if a company lists accurately they give their formula away to any half arsed formulator. Would you list accurately if this were the case? Then of course there are the garanteed minimums and compliance testing by agricultural regulators so you always list lower than is in the bottle to ensure any discrepencies don't fall below guaranteed minimum.
I donít know what the hell youre talking about and to be honest Iím not really interested in your theories. Letís agree to disagree bye
OMalley is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2018, 05:00 AM #823
BongFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMalley View Post
I donít know what the hell youre talking about and to be honest Iím not really interested in your theories. Letís agree to disagree bye

You have no idea period pal. Now why not start a thread called "I have no idea - please help"
BongFu is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:13 AM #824
stewart169

stewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongFu View Post
You have no idea period pal. Now why not start a thread called "I have no idea - please help"

Nice to see someone who just shows up and starts acting like a dick to folks. Regardless of who knows what your the kind of douche that must make friends where ever you go. I predict banishment for thee in in a short time.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM #825
hyposomniac

hyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nicehyposomniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart169 View Post
Nice to see someone who just shows up and starts acting like a dick to folks. Regardless of who knows what your the kind of douche that must make friends where ever you go. I predict banishment for thee in in a short time.
Sounds more like he showed up and gave a dude some info and was treated disrespectfully, and responded in kind.
Kind of how you mouthed off to me once for no good reason, so I have to laugh at your white knighting
hyposomniac is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:26 AM #826
Klompen

Klompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud of
Lets get back on topic. The "High P" in the thread title does not stand for "Pissyness".

So if high P demand is a myth, then what is the minimum requisite amount of phosphorus? What exactly constitutes "too little"?
Klompen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:32 AM #827
Absolem

Absolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to all
Post #51 is very informative. Read what YosemiteSam says starting on page five.

From my own experience I wanted to see how low I could push P. In veg I was around 27-30 ppm and starting 12/12 I increased P to 40 ppm. Around week 5 1/2 into 12/12 the plant leaves didn't look as lush as they should. I didn't see any difference in flower size or appearance. At that point I upped the p to around 80 ppm for a couple weeks then reduced my EC the final 10-14 days till chop.

@ OMalley
Great job learning how to break down nutrient profiles. There are several Dept of Ag sites from various states that randomly test fertilizer and post the results online. I'm glad no one was around telling me that breaking down nutrients is just a waste of time. It's given me the ability to tailor my nutrient profile as I see fit. For 40$ you can send in any fertilizer to a lab and have them test it for macro and micro nutrients.

Cheers

Last edited by Absolem; 10-12-2018 at 12:42 AM..
Absolem is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 01:23 AM #828
King Rat

King Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really nice
I'm into this topics since a while and i'm at the point where i'm really convinced that higher amounts of K (Potassium) and Mg are the things that could be used as a booster (without the P in PK Boosters)

I was thinking about to accomplish this with potassium (20% K2O) from the CANNA mono line and some epsom salt when stretching stopped and the first buds formed.

The thing to solve at the moment is figuring out how much K is too much and results in toxicity or Mg lockout in conjunction with the lucas formula.

What do you guys think about that?

Planned schedule would be:
Flowering
week 1 - 3 lucas 8/16 & Bloom stimulator (just stimulator w/o nutes)
week 4 - 6 lucas 8/16 , Bloom stimulator, + K and Mg supplement
week 7 - (8,9) back to only lucas + stimulator
flush

i dunno if this makes sense but it seems like a simple working formula for me.
maybe i'll supplement some chitosan and molasses inbetween but i like to keep the things not too complex
King Rat is online now Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 PM #829
stewart169

stewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyposomniac View Post
Sounds more like he showed up and gave a dude some info and was treated disrespectfully, and responded in kind.
Kind of how you mouthed off to me once for no good reason, so I have to laugh at your white knighting
A tiger doesnít lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
stewart169 is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2018, 03:51 AM #830
BongFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klompen View Post
Lets get back on topic. The "High P" in the thread title does not stand for "Pissyness".

So if high P demand is a myth, then what is the minimum requisite amount of phosphorus? What exactly constitutes "too little"?

Good to see the thread getting on track and therein lays a very good question. There is no single right anser though if you look at the science because grow methodology and fertigation frequency come into play. So as an example you may be talking say 80 - 90 ppm if you were only feeding the girls once a day but if you were feeding 8 times a day (high fertigation frequency) you may be talking 30-40 ppm or even lower because by feeding more you are more regularly supplying P to the root interface and vacinity where it is then available for uptake. One thing is certain, if you look at all dicot plants including herbaceous dicots the stated to be ideal ppm of P is vastly lower than hydro manufacturers recommend when you break down their feed charts. What is certain is most hydro manufacturers don't know crap or they simply want you using rediculous amounts of their PK additives so they can line their pockets (while likely losing us yields because excess P and K results in lockout of other key nutrient ions such as Ca and Fe).
BongFu is offline Quote