Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Oregon > The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

Thread Title Search
The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 04:11 AM #1831
Dawgfunk

Dawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the rough
Duke Diamond seems like a pretty rad dude, I watched an interview with him and started listening to the one on the adam dunn show, really informative. Him and bodhi both have a lot of great breeding pointers, and dd being from va I know the humidity sucks out there, that adaptation probably made for the best of the best for cure with what he’s been working with. Really hoping to get my hands on some dominion or granny skunk sometime in the near future...pretty amazing lineage, and seems like probably a lot of heart and soul in those beans.
Dawgfunk is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2018, 09:50 PM #1832
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to behold
Any moisture that collects and stays on the stem will cause stem rot. Main reason that you need fans indoors. Also why I stopped growing horizontally indoors; it creates places for water to collect on the stem, rather than shedding off with gravity. I also pull all fan leaves clean off at the stem, because leaving a spur will just invite water to collect there and the droplets will cause stem rot. But this year in the GH stem rot is not the issue. Its botrytis rot in the flowers. Similar cause; water droplets collect and the rot grows fast around the water.

Robrites has it right. You have to harvest or risk losing more as this weather continues. I have also salvaged plants indoors in the past that had stem rot. Cut above the rot and clone the tops.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:30 AM #1833
Mengsk

Mengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the roughMengsk is a jewel in the rough
Heard DJ Short on the Pot Cast. Have a whole story about blueberry I wasn't sure when or where to mention. Only got it one time through a friend wasn't mine, only smoked it once best strain ever. Now to claim all time or something idk, I am only saying my anecdote, blueberry or they used to sell 7* or 7a around then I think. Goes to show how each and every strain and batch really is different.

Last edited by Mengsk; 10-09-2018 at 02:53 PM..
Mengsk is online now Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 01:58 AM #1834
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Against everyone's best advice I've been trying to treat the stem rot & I haven't really gotten a kill on it yet, but I think I'm preventing it from spreading or at least slowing it down.
Here is a picture of the afflicted area partially unwrapped. The bandages are strips of paper towel soaked in lemon juice.

This is the fungus a little closer up

As you can see the flowers could use a little more time

Like I said before its not a very big plant

Tomorrow I'm going to use an 8" parabolic mirror to blast the fungus with sunlight, that might finish it off.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 01:21 AM #1835
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
This is what the afflicted area looks like after sunlight treatment

Not really sure what to think, I guess I'll see if the fungus still springs back after my latest attempt at treatment. I found botrytis on a plant today for the first time, hopefully the last time too. If the weather does what they say its gonna do seems like everything I've got left should be caked in resin and ready to harvest in a week or so.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 03:09 AM #1836
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Not really sure what to think, I guess I'll see if the fungus still springs back after my latest attempt at treatment. I found botrytis on a plant today for the first time, hopefully the last time too. If the weather does what they say its gonna do seems like everything I've got left should be caked in resin and ready to harvest in a week or so.
I think you are going to be ok. Stay vigilant.

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 10:22 AM #1837
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to beholdOregonBorn is a splendid one to behold
Had to cut some botrytis rot out today. Damn stuff grows fast. One stem where I had cut a primo cola off the top last week got infected. Lost a few smaller buds below it. Stem was infected from where I cut it. Damn drizzle finally ended this morning here. Supposed to be nice for a week now. I will be harvesting most of my plants this week and maybe I can get the later finishing strains to fatten up and harvest them before the weather turns sour for good this year.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:59 PM #1838
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
95 cities and counties in Oregon where it's still illegal to sell marijuana

Cannabis is legal to grow, sell, buy and recreationally consume in Oregon, right? Well, almost.
There are some cities and counties in the state that have opted out of various parts of Oregon's chillest law and, according to the Oregon Liquor Control Commission, "prohibited the establishment of Licensed Recreational Marijuana producers, processors, wholesalers, and/or retailers."
Cities and counties where 55 percent or more of the people vote against legal recreational pot were allowed to adopt an ordinance banning parts of the law within their borders.
Other cities and counties that wanted to ban parts of the law had the option to put it to a vote. That means some Oregon citizens will vote this November on whether or not to maintain their current laws against "producers, processors, wholesalers, and/or retailers."

Here are the 95 places where you can't go into the weed business.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 AM #1839
Robrites

Anyone Know How To Calculate The Chances Of Frost?

Old 10-12-2018, 05:42 PM #1840
Bradley_Danks
Puffing Herbs

Bradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really niceBradley_Danks is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Try applying a copper foliar spray like copper sulfate. The product I use is liquid biomin copper.
Bradley_Danks is offline Quote