What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scotts OG & Agent Orange

saitama

Popping in to say hello again. Your ladies look healthy as hell. I haven't the slightest clue what you meant about progress in my thread. From what I can see, you're killin' it so far.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
VEG WEEK 8 / DAY 50 Update

VEG WEEK 8 / DAY 50 Update

Hello again, thanks for the kind words everyone!

We are in the final week of VEG! Spotted a few male sacks appearing. Apparently males start to show first, which can be scary for a noob as It seems like everything is turning male. Im assuming all the ones that didn't start to sprout male sacks will be females, but I won't chalk it up as a girl until I see those hairs.

2 AO's have shown pistils so far, here they are:

picture.php
picture.php

2 AO males, I keep these off to the side to give the prime real estate to girls and potential girls

picture.php

ROOM SHOTS

Some of the OG's tend to be a little droopy. Not sure if thats how they just are, or if there picky and theres something there not liking. New growth nonetheless so its not major problems.

Been feeding between 500-600 PPM / 6.3 PH with every watering. 20% Run off = 800-900 PPM / 6.1PH

picture.php
picture.php

I will be keeping 2 males of each, and collecting the pollen. I will combine both male pollens into one blend from that strain. Im not breeding for specific traits as this is my first time making seeds, I just want to preserve the gene pool for further growing and want variety in pheno's.

After 2 runs when I find a keeper mom of each, I will do full plant pollination of the following:

Scotts OG (Female) X Scotts OG (Male) = Scotts OG
Scotts OG (Female) X Agent Orange (Male) = Dank Oranges
Agent Orange (Female) X Agent Orange (Male) = Agent Orange
Agent Orange (Female) X Scotts OG (Male) = Agent Scott

Goodbye.

Goats

nice dude. plants look nice and happy green.

the pollen salad made me laugh. mad scientist :canabis:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
BLOOM WEEK 1 / DAY 3&4 Update

BLOOM WEEK 1 / DAY 3&4 Update

Ok where to start wow. Flipped them this last Saturday so they are on day 3&4 on these pics. Total of 54 days of VEG, and even then I only had 2 showing sex. After 4 days of Bloom, a few more showed hairs, we have a total of 5 Agent Orange Females and 1 Scotts OG Female.
2 Og's still seem undecided and could be girls Im hoping. The rest Im 90% sure look like males so they are getting non prime light spots on the grid until full on "sackage" occurs.

The 3 AO Females that showed 1st
One of 2 main stems at first split at the V, I taped it up and a few days later thought I could take it off again, only to find it half an hour later completely torn off. Sucks loosing a main branch. there goes 30% of the plant. Got 6 nice cuttings out of it tho so.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The 2 AO that showed hairs on Day 4 of Bloom
Whenever you see the tiny little tip of a hair coming out, makes me smile every time!

picture.php
picture.php

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
MORE

MORE

My 1 OG girl so far. At least she's a good one and not a small stunted runt. That would have sucked. Still have 2 undecided Og's so Im hoping I end with 3.

picture.php
picture.php

Full ROOM
any suggestions for taking best pictures in the room with an HPS ? Editing Pictures afterwards to white balance?, going in 5 mins before light on with camera and flood lamp and flash ? Right now Im taking plants out of the room into the hallway for a photo shoot with my floodlight. Kind of a hassle.

picture.php

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Few words on the bloom room set up

Few words on the bloom room set up

Just want to show you guys what Im working with. The set up and environment I found was the biggest challenge when getting started, wanted to give it some attention during the introduction to the bloom room!

10" Vortex S-line Fan, on a dial a temp, running at 142 Watts
10" by 40" Mountain Air Charcoal Filter
Its loud, its overkill, but I have crazy negative pressure in the room, so no smells leak, and it keeps the temps down, I don't have AC so.
picture.php

Digital Ballasts
picture.php

Bell LR1000's
Dirt cheap and available locally, nice big footprint, Coating is 98% Reflective and lasts 30 Years with no degradation.
picture.php

picture.php

The reservoirs
15G each, I mix my solution and ph it, bubble it for 5 mins before feeding every night. 1 Res lasts for about a week, for 1200W (half the room) though I have had them go for 3 weeks with no issues

picture.php

Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Pure Blend Pro Line
This will be my last run with Pro Mix/PBP
Thereafter I will be using my own organic super soil mix consisting of mostly ingredients sourced from my property!

Bluelabs changed my life ;)
picture.php

Cheap Lux meter, for $20 its the best way to get a basic idea of your light performance, and canopy. I noticed that my one light was giving me 60,000 LUX at 21 inches down from centre of the bulb, and the other was at 80,000. Replaced the bulb and was getting 80,000 Lux as well. 25% increase. Weird that it was so low. it had maybe 6 months of 12/12. While the one that was at 80K had maybe 3 Months 12/12. Maybe it got damaged from the ballast or a power surge/spike/fallout.

picture.php

Everything is built around and on this lumber frame that I built in the room, without any holes/nails/staples going into any walls or ceilings.

picture.php

Panda Film along the outside that, I just lift up to get full access and then lower down again to seal it up. Negative pressure just sucks it right in and makes it pretty much light proof so I have access to the reservoirs and shelf if i need to grab anything during lights off.
picture.php

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
How tall is your space? Those plants look pretty tall compared to when I flip mine!

Yeah they are taller than I prefer myself, but I wanted to VEG for 8-9 weeks until they sex.

I have 8 Foot ceilings so it won't be an issue in terms of height this run. I just ordered 125 4 FT bamboo stakes haha. I have heard Og's are super viney, so I'm prepared for the worst. I think.

Future runs, I will be running armies of clones, with a preferred final height around 2-3 feet

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still have vortex fans that are 10 years old almost now...great investment. Never had a single one fail and negative pressure is such a huge sense of security...You KNOW it is working as long as you keep the carbon good. Anytime I ever got paranoid I would roll one up and smoke it in the room and either have someone else check the out or id do it my self. Don't smoke if u do it your self though you want a fresh nose!

Lookin great man grats on room and upgrades.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I still have vortex fans that are 10 years old almost now...great investment. Never had a single one fail and negative pressure is such a huge sense of security...You KNOW it is working as long as you keep the carbon good. Anytime I ever got paranoid I would roll one up and smoke it in the room and either have someone else check the out or id do it my self. Don't smoke if u do it your self though you want a fresh nose!

Lookin great man grats on room and upgrades.

Yeah you know its quality when it comes with a 10 year warranty. On something that runs 24/7 thats a no brainer purchase. They are actually quite silent considering the cfm it is moving. I exhaust to the inside of my house, so I need it running 100% perfect else that musky funky sweet musky plant jungle smell starts building up in my house. Had a cheap filter fail on me that way after only 3 months, it didn't make the cut. Hoping this mountain air will last. I guess venting to the inside I have a lot higher expectations then someone venting to their roof.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
BLOOM WEEK 2 / DAY 10

BLOOM WEEK 2 / DAY 10

Good news! I had the final undecided OG throw some pistils at me on DAY 7.

picture.php

So I have 2 og females total! 1 would have been a real bummer, 2/8 is still pretty bad. I was banking on finding a keeper out of plenty of girls. Now I need some good luck with just 2. I have 3 Scotts OG seeds coming in the mail so will pop those in 2 weeks and see what else I can get, hopefully another 1 or 2.

The other downside to not having lots of females, is I had 1400 Watts dedicated to this run, and now Im running my HPS dimmed to 750 as this is enough for the 7 girls. Oh well, gotta adapt, roll with the punches. Nothing is guaranteed.

Lollipopped all females and made cuttings out of the lower branches. Must have close to 48 cuttings now. Need 24 clones for the next run in 4 weeks.

Fed them their last VEG Nutrients

200ppm tap+300ppm PBP grow + 100 ppm Liquid Karma =600ppm/6.0PH

picture.php

This is what is next to them in the bloom room right now on day 27
Female Seeds - select cuts of Skunk Special, Pure AK, Blueberry Cheesecake, Sexbud.

To be honest, Ive had some real terrible phenos that Ive done run after run over the last 6 months with these female seeds genetics, thinking the low quality was grower error. Well 6 months later I can truly say some of the phenos are just horrible. These are the best select cuts out of each one, Its the last run, and Im glad its finally over! Having said that, this run is my best yet so theres that at least!

Blueberry Cheesecake is the best as far as bud density, flavour, smells, potency.

picture.php

picture.php

Skunk Special
Long main cola for really short veg period and plants, this one always has a crazy stretch but fills out very nice still. Cat Piss Smell, just like advertised.
picture.php

Last edited:
Ahhhh jilly is such a crazy bish! I've had some FIRE jilly but then again have had some that was meh... TGA claims 20+% yet have had it as low as 14%. Now I know potency depends on grower and conditions, but seems such a large range in strength. The one thing she has going for her is how sexy her flowers are! Should NEVER be a problem with bag appeal... guess it depends on customers.... some are satisfied by bag appeal others desire the strength. Been tempted to fuck with TGA and subfool genetics for a while... won't lie price tag can get a bit high. Thus being said there IS something to be said for awesome genetics. Just struggle stroking subfools ego anymore. Sure heavy is the head that wears the crown, however to me humility/ being humble goes a long way.

Hey man do you have instagram?? Follow_jinxproof . Jinx is subcools partner but now he started his own bean company. Check him out him and his wife do the sales. 40 dollars for 6 seeds. They are also vendors for exotic genetix as well as tga subcool. Really affordable when go DIRECT!!