What's new

SAHMs

Popice

I finished 1 grow on here with this plant, 2012 ghost train haze#1 from seed. this is gonna go in a different direction.

Popice

There comes a time when you just want to live. Not looking to flower, I mean it could happen, but it won't be planned. You don't need space for a double wide stroller, you just kinda want to relax, slow down, get into some domestic life, bush out, and get high with your friends. Dad's are welcome, even encouraged, but really, a stay at home dad is basically doing the job of a stay at home mom.

Popice

I have a bunch of 32oz yogurt containers. These are great for 1-2ft bonsai mums. I might look into going up to 64oz or even a gallon at some point, more as house plants than mums, but that can wait. The medium is a recycled soil that started under a decade ago, and has been built on with a base of kitchen compost, guinea pig manure and hay compost, and cocoa coir. other ingredients include perlite (slowly being removed), sand, lava rock, rice hulls, Glacial Rock Dust, Basalt, Granite, hand crushed oyster shells, neem. lighting is a window and t-5.

As each SAHM finds her place she will get her glamour shots. Bud shots from clones are highly likely at some point because we wanna know why she deserves this lifestyle. In the mix will be the domestic needs: composting process and soil building.

I haven't kept a plant for a full five years yet, but there definitely is something about age. they become these serious trees, like having an actual bonsai but quicker than 20 years. I mean they'll probably never end up like a 70+ year old hardwood bonsai, leaf growth can really get recycled, but the solidity, maturity, and Plantness... houseplants.

Popice

Goji OG (rec clone)

I'm still getting used to legal recreational business. I am not really a snob, I'd gladly burn some shwag for seeds if someone had it. but the rec flower I see... vacuum cured hydro in a plastic container. I think in the last couple years it would be complete commercial bud that someone I didn't know too well but wanted to smoke would have and I wouldn't question it or really inspect it, it's hydro. I like smoking plants though, I still smoke imported tobacco blends, from tobacco cigar stores, bulk, like sometimes the pipe tobacco will get cut to burn for cigarettes, blended cut fontu in a way, not very commercial stuff. I've had lots of hash. I've now done dabs. probably not enough, I really don't want to blow through someone's stuff even if they kinda offer, or really, get the hangover. but I can take it. Tangie is great as a dab. it's just a different thing.

So I bought 2 1/8s of flower, Goji OG and an Afghani. The goji tasted great. it's a great plant. there's 2 phenotypes. one has more taste? and one is a bigger producer. I guess I have the bigger producer. maybe it'll still have the taste, if the highs still good, fine, but for some reason I was like oh ya, the flower sucks but you can kinda see what it's like, totally worth getting a clone because I'd love this bud if I grew it. I don't know what it is now, but it still has it's cube, which I don't use, so it's gotta get cloned before it flowers. She's 1of 2 of my first legally taxed cannabis plants. That's why QMA Goji OG is a SAHM.

Popice

The Goji got topped. there are 10 branches coming out from top to bottom. I want to bring up the top 6-8 branches, maybe less. Maxing out around a foot tall I'll let the branches go out, tie down and build a trunk.

Popice

So while these ladies adjust to the environment onto some domestic stuff. This is the beginning of my compost. Clockwise from the top: bananas, collected material to compost, and a bag for soup stock. The soup builds until I use it and then once strained goes directly to the compost. The main compost gets mixed in with fresh hay/manure waste and breaks down with varying speeds.

Popice

I got a bunch more mom's coming up for some glamour shots. one mango kush I've been holding onto got flooded the fuck out, and is probably gonna cash in, but I'm just letting it chill for now. I have another seed that's waiting to be cloned, and it's weird, I received it but just couldn't care about it. now I kinda do. Supposedly it is from Oregon, all I really want is for it to smell and taste like mango.

And I realize I am a wall of words. hopefully I'll be able to throw in more pictures as time goes on, to kinda balance things out. But it's the process of why that matters to me and what happens, plus whatever I feel at the moment has to come out.

Popice

This is the Goji 9 days later. it's gone from about 310g down to about 250g. From the last pictures you can see the top growth and the bottom branches. it's tough to see in the pictures but besides terminal nodes the whole branches grew in size on the bottom.

Popice

Life was semi-transitional for a while so I began slowing plants down towards static growth. I could keep plants for months in small coffee cups. tying and shaping with selective defoliation, or leaf removal. (I read so many pages on that I never figured out if there was a consensus. it's trade offs.) But I realize in Veg, as long as it's not rushed, anything goes.

Low light, 48w. 20s humidity after some rain.

Latest posts

Latest posts