What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HSO: Black dog

NorCalGrowin

Hey guys, after searching not stop to hopefully find a good grow report on Humboldt seed organisation's black dog I havent been able to find much. So I'm going to document my grow here to hopefully help someone else that's curious about this strain.

So far I popped 3 seeds and 1 of them didn't make it. The other 2 are taking off quite nicely. Unfortunately both of them appear to be the same phenotype so I won't be able to give too much judgement on that.

Attachments

• IMG_20170609_125714414.jpg
    IMG_20170609_125714414.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20170609_125722869.jpg
    IMG_20170609_125722869.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 20

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Nice, got a cut of black dog out here in Michigan. Smells to me of red wine although some say blueberry/grapefruit.

NorCalGrowin

The rocks are just from an old flower bed I'm redoing and needed somewhere to put so thought I might decorate a bit, was bored at the time haha.

By the way the 2 pics of the 65 gallon pots are the black dog and the small 7 gallon pots is a gorilla glue ( just so nobody gets confused)

NorCalGrowin

Treetroit have you had the chance to flower her out yet? If so what's your impression?? All of the smoke reviews seem to be pretty good but not a whole lot on the growing aspect.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Treetroit have you had the chance to flower her out yet? If so what's your impression?? All of the smoke reviews seem to be pretty good but not a whole lot on the growing aspect.
I have not. I was gifted some finished bud along with a few clones which are going into flower today. I was told my particular cut is done in 60 days indoors and what I can tell from a one month veg, she is a branchy girl.

NorCalGrowin

Couple more pictures for you guys. One of them is falling a little behind but both are still very vigorous. Starting to worry that these 65's aren't going to be big enough for them.

Attachments

• IMG_20170614_135201515.jpg
    IMG_20170614_135201515.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170614_135142097_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170614_135142097_HDR.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20170614_135130935.jpg
    IMG_20170614_135130935.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170614_135059061.jpg
    IMG_20170614_135059061.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 17

YetiOG

I've got a single freebie of this one I hope its good looks pretty legut. I saw a thread a guy had this and kimbo kush both looked stellar though kimbo had more colourful leaves

NorCalGrowin

Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of that kimbo. I don't think I have ever seen a bad picture of of her. Really hoping this black dog is an early finisher like HSO claims. I always dread that first October rain lol.

Welcome and thanks for joining spliffs

YetiOG

Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of that kimbo. I don't think I have ever seen a bad picture of of her. Really hoping this black dog is an early finisher like HSO claims. I always dread that first October rain lol.

Welcome and thanks for joining spliffs

I have to grow inside. My climate sucks so I don't have to worry about rain in my grow but I'm so envious of your outdoor plants. Hopefully next year I'll have some beds full of permits and Rockwood croutons going full of ogs in eastern canada

NorCalGrowin

Picture update. Girl on the left is starting to show more sativa traits as she continues getting bigger. Starting feeding sea grow today as well so we will see how they start responding to that.

Attachments

• IMG_20170619_130756385.jpg
    IMG_20170619_130756385.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 18

NorCalGrowin

Moved some more gorilla glues next to big ladies to give them some inspiration 😉 lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170621_135556492.jpg
    IMG_20170621_135556492.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 20
the black dog is the gnar. im growing the fem version and to say im impressed would be an understatement. this thing is branchy and airy. and by airy i mean theres not a lot of excess foliage (atleast this pheno). the buds get a lot of room to breath and a lot of light and they take full advantage of that. untopped, i just let her rip. when i flipped her the single cola damn near doubled in height and the secondary buds stretched up about 50%. the bud development happened super fast. i saw frost forming at week 3 and ever since then she hasn't stopped. all the nugs are uniform and FAT FAT FAT. next run i will top her and scrog her out more because the potential from this girl is incredible. im almost at the end of week 5 (gonna take her 9 probably) and the buds and sugar leaves are noticeably purple(with no cold temps or environment tricks) shes just a purple girl. such an incredible strain. im growing it side by side with a lemon kush headband from hso aswell. if you guys want i can go into details about that girl too. but lemme just say if your a fan of ridiculously large yields then id recommend. however that's a whole other story. btw the plants are in living soil (or as close as you can be indoors) and i only feed them straight 0ppm 7.0 ph RO water. once in a while i hit em with some AACT and FPE. a little lacto bacilli too here and there. light is a 600w eq LED with uv. i don't really control my environment cuz i live in a small place so theres not crazy fluctuations in environment conditions and i can control most factors with a dehumidifier and open/close windows lol. all im getting at is hso genetics are the shit and id happily go into detail with anyone who is interested. i got the black dog, lemon kush headband, blueberry headband, sapphire og and chemdog. i want the sapphire scout, jaeger hindu and triangle og reeeeaaallly bad. the chocolate mint og would probly be some straight fire too. that's gdp x emerald og. so much to grow so little time. anyway ill end my long ass speech now. sorry for kinda runnin off there lol. peace :p

:monkeyeat Im in. Ive seen this strain and thought its a maybe. Looking good so far. Pleased to see it grown out.

Edit- Boo this thread is 2 years old. Oh well thanks for the pic Jerzu

Last edited: