What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stainless Steel Grinder

G

Hi Everybody,
Wanted to share some pics of a grinder I designed.
I wanted to have a non aluminum grinder and found there were no stainless steel ones around. So I went about designing one. First with a 3D printer and then to a machine shop in Birchwood. They deal primarily with smaller aircraft that commute within Alaska but had no problem taking my money!
What you are seeing has been CnC milled out of a block of 303 Steel.

G

One of the things I wanted to improve upon was grip. A grinder packed with kush is a bitch to twist. These turning knurls help out immensely. The teeth are irregular quadrilaterals in a slightly irregular circular path just for the halibut.
The end result is a grind that appears similar to the same flowers run thru my old Space Case.
The holes on the knurls will seat magnets strong enough that it will shift laterally and magnetize into place.

Special thanks to my Back to the Congo jar for the flower donation.

Juan Budd

Hi Everybody,
Wanted to share some pics of a grinder I designed.
I wanted to have a non aluminum grinder and found there were no stainless steel ones around. So I went about designing one. First with a 3D printer and then to a machine shop in Birchwood. They deal primarily with smaller aircraft that commute within Alaska but had no problem taking my money!
What you are seeing has been CnC milled out of a block of 303 Steel.

Love your work Outcold [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]

I hate using aluminium grinders and can't understand why they are the norm - aluminium dust is certainly not a healthy thing and they develop a sticky action in next to no time.

I'm going to be straight on checking around for local machine shop services. How much did you pay for your machining?

JB.

G

Hey, sorry for the belated return to the thread. Machine time was >$100/hour.
This is a prototype and the programming/ design will be tweaked for future runs with hopefully a more efficient machine time.
I've been playing with her for a while now and can see some things I'd change but overall its a surperior grinder than what I've had in the past.

Latest posts

Latest posts