What's new

thoughts on harvest strategies

fourtytwo

Hey, Greetz, call me 42.

I've always been raised with the saying that there are 3 crop/harvest times; 1) commercial picks first, 2) top shelf, 3) your personal preference last.

I've been pondering a few things. What if one were not as concerned with flower nugs, but making oils right from the start. How would this affect one's growing strategy and harvest strategy?

Initial thoughts:

[∞§∞]Assume CO2 supercritical extraction techniques.[∞§∞]

A) takes some time to maximize production of terpenes we are interested in - research in progress.
B) perhaps some terpenes peak production at different times - research in progress, pointers in the right direction appreciated.
C) perhaps LED would become more useful, growing thick bushes instead of such finely pruned branches, since it's terpenes per square meter I care about vs the perfect hardened flower; pondering larger scale indoors vs large scale greenhouse (greenhouse is pushing it, the fast assembly domed units) vs outdoors. Interested in production per full time person, assume max automation.
D) could there be a 4th crop/harvest time (hopefully earlier of course) maximizing production in some sort of perpetual setup? (related to A and B)
E) when pulling specifically something like CBDs out, do you guys try to do fractional extractions, or start with a strain that has higher than average quantities of these?
F) when E) if doing fractional extractions, do you make special note of oil made from the other material that had cbd's extracted from it fractionally vs an oil that contains it all?
G) How important in this scenario is it to separate trim/leaves from buds?
H) does one need to dry/cure as long if its all going to an oil run as compared to for curing flowers to be used traditionally as the final product?
I) What else am I not thinking about that I should?

Mods: it's my first thread, and covers a lot of ground, if this is better suited to another subforum, please feel free to move and i'll take note.

:laughing: :thank you: :groupwave: