What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermont Senate Approves New Proposal to Legalize Marijuana Possession; Home Cultivati

Medfinder

Chemon 91
MONTPELIER, VT — The Vermont Senate passed a bill on Friday that would make personal possession and cultivation of small amounts of marijuana legal for adults 21 and older beginning in July 2018.

The Senate amended an unrelated House-approved bill, S. 22, to include the language of H. 170, which the House passed earlier this week.

H. 170 would eliminate Vermont’s civil penalty for possessing one ounce or less of marijuana and remove penalties for possession of up to two mature marijuana plants and up to four immature plants.

In addition to including the language of H. 170, the new Senate-approved version of S. 22 would also create a study commission to consider the regulation and taxation of marijuana for adult use.

“You have to give the Senate credit for standing up for Vermont voters, who strongly support making marijuana legal for adults,” said Matt Simon, New England political director for the Marijuana Policy Project.

less than 50 percent
http://www.thedailychronic.net/2017...=57440a72XXX00b2XXX4ecaXXX97b8XXX38d4f44b0ce9

OldPhart

It's a money grab! Do you really think that it is just a coincident that July 2018 is the same date that Mass. is set to open retail. I think Pandora's box is open, and now it is just a money/power grab.

oldchuck

Veteran
2 plants ain't much and also not practical but it's better than nothing. The legislature has been fooling around this issue for a long time now and it's about time they did something. The governor, however, remains coy on the Cannabis issue. He may not sign the bill even if it passes the conference committee.

G

Good luck to you folks. My state will be one of the last to even do just medical.

eyes

Veteran
It's a money grab! Do you really think that it is just a coincident that July 2018 is the same date that Mass. is set to open retail. I think Pandora's box is open, and now it is just a money/power grab.

always is. 25 mil negative in tax recipts for april. funny how sears has added the ammendment for rec when he wasnt for it b4. These people are taking 4 ever to do anything. No confidence in any of em. Ill be suprised if anything gets passed. We will see. Never waited AROUND for anyone anyway.

igrowone

Veteran
sitting on the NY side of the border, and every legal state that borders NY is good in my book
people still get ARRESTED here for growing this plant, and financial rape follows

Medfinder

Chemon 91

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER

ion

and the war on drugs is almost over!!

or has it yet really begun?

after seeing a vt dispensary and sampling the "meds" there and from surrounding states, they can dryhump their laws all they want, el negro el marketo will still be where you wanna go if you want the real.

as with all things, screw the legalization. when/if it goes legal....legal in all aspects....it'll take a year until you pine for the days of prohibition. once .gov says its "ok" then you know they have their preferred agenda well-put into place and you'll gladly pay the tax to have 'your' plant freed from bondage

Kind/sage/ words!

Kind/sage/ words!

always is. 25 mil negative in tax recipts for april. funny how sears has added the ammendment for rec when he wasnt for it b4. These people are taking 4 ever to do anything. No confidence in any of em. Ill be suprised if anything gets passed. We will see. Never waited AROUND for anyone anyway.

WELL FUCKEN MET!
READ MY MIND!

Plattsburgh

Plattsburgh

sitting on the NY side of the border, and every legal state that borders NY is good in my book
people still get ARRESTED here for growing this plant, and financial rape follows

Platts area seem to like vermont grown flowers so much that its worth the hassle! I gotta say an elbow got alot more there than say burlington! Theres folks in vermont who make choices that leave me scratching my head!
Id really like to see the states road and bridge ibfrastructure taken SERIOUSLY, then even more importantly i come home from climbing trees allday to hear on tge news another infant has died here! This disturbs me alil more than your average joe. Our children in VT mean alot to me and my family. It pisses me off the folks in montpeculiar cant get their heads outa those asses they sit on. If cannabis legalization can help improve these two things that "grind meh gears" i really wanna support it! Btw i miss the old reagee festival we had .....met some fine azz folk there and i miss em!

igrowone

Veteran
Platts area seem to like vermont grown flowers so much that its worth the hassle! I gotta say an elbow got alot more there than say burlington! Theres folks in vermont who make choices that leave me scratching my head!
Id really like to see the states road and bridge ibfrastructure taken SERIOUSLY, then even more importantly i come home from climbing trees allday to hear on tge news another infant has died here! This disturbs me alil more than your average joe. Our children in VT mean alot to me and my family. It pisses me off the folks in montpeculiar cant get their heads outa those asses they sit on. If cannabis legalization can help improve these two things that "grind meh gears" i really wanna support it! Btw i miss the old reagee festival we had .....met some fine azz folk there and i miss em!

well, i think it will be better than not
it's a legislative legalization, not going to be perfect, but it peels back the illegal onion one more layer

OldPhart

well, i think it will be better than not
it's a legislative legalization, not going to be perfect, but it peels back the illegal onion one more layer

I don't expect the laws to allow people to be free to do anything they want. I just want to be able to sit in my house, smoke some home grown, and not have to worry about the door being kicked down and going to jail. I don't think the US is too far from that. Like most people though, I won't be signing up on any growers list, or buying any permits or licences. I'll deal with fines or what ever other BS they want to throw at me if I get caught growing, I just can't risk going to jail.

oldchuck

Veteran
I don't expect the laws to allow people to be free to do anything they want. I just want to be able to sit in my house, smoke some home grown, and not have to worry about the door being kicked down and going to jail.

I'm just about there with that, old guy, in Vermont. The last couple of years have considerably lessened my paranoia in Vermont and Vermont only even though the debate is far from over. I think you would really would have to work at it these days to get seriously busted over just some weed. It just doesn't seem to be happening here unless you are pushing heroin or meth or something as well.

eyes

Veteran
I don't expect the laws to allow people to be free to do anything they want. I just want to be able to sit in my house, smoke some home grown, and not have to worry about the door being kicked down and going to jail. I don't think the US is too far from that. Like most people though, I won't be signing up on any growers list, or buying any permits or licences. I'll deal with fines or what ever other BS they want to throw at me if I get caught growing, I just can't risk going to jail.

i hear ya there as well. Ditto.

eyes

Veteran
I'm just about there with that, old guy, in Vermont. The last couple of years have considerably lessened my paranoia in Vermont and Vermont only even though the debate is far from over. I think you would really would have to work at it these days to get seriously busted over just some weed. It just doesn't seem to be happening here unless you are pushing heroin or meth or something as well.

I agree. This state always treated me kind along those lines. Funny, was at the coop the other day and you tell people want the law to pass. Woman had it advertised all over her car she was driving.

Last edited:

eyes

Veteran

I hear you. I never got a chance to hit the reagee fest but had some good times nevertheless. There some cool like minded individuals as myself from your neck of the woods. Hit me up anytime you wanna break bread and smoke one, man:tiphat:

oldchuck

Veteran
The Vermont legislature just passed S-22, legalizing possession and home growing. Also sets up a study to see about regulated retail sales. Now we shall see if the governor will sign it. First legislature passed legalization in the country. Well, we're back to number one for something.

igrowone

Veteran
The Vermont legislature just passed S-22, legalizing possession and home growing. Also sets up a study to see about regulated retail sales. Now we shall see if the governor will sign it. First legislature passed legalization in the country. Well, we're back to number one for something.

WOW! big happenings in the northeast
thanks for that heads up, if this goes through NY will be having some thoughts
now what those thoughts will be, don't know, Cuomo won't be wanting legal in NY

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 mature plants = anywhere from half a pound to a pound+

+ 4 babies = a perpetual grow situation

If you need more than that DAMN