What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical coco gutter's/ Round 1 disaster.

Theres a total of 63 girls, 61 pp and 2 jillybean. It's much more filled out then the last batch but I could have fit at least 70 gjrls to maximize the space available, I have 69 babies ready for the next one coming up. And I transferred them from the horizontal room to the vertical gutters at day 26 or something, I will move the next batch from horizontal to vertical at day 21 at the latest so they can fill out the available space better. This batch got overcrowded at day 21 and they grew straight up a bit more of side branching would have been preferable and added to the total yield. So you know what they say, 3rd time is a charm! Learn from trial and error and improve after each crop. I really like this style of growing so chances are I will try at least another crop before going horizontal DE..

BTW the first try resulted in 2# 12 oz + but a few of the plants we're slightly premature the swazi x agent orange was cut a week early wasn't worth leaving it, I needed the space so those aren't counted.. It would have been 3# with those. They will go in the bubble bags.

The show must go on, here's the next crop. 69 total had 79 but my new apprentice needed a few clones for his new room so I hooked him up.
picture.php

Day 35-36
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
I was using general hydro micro/bloom 6/9 ml per gal and an big bud at week 41/2 to 5. I like the results of an big bud much better than gh liquid kool bloom or kool bloom powder and monsterbloom. You actually see them swelling and getting thicker after each use.. I'm off the gh for good, it's alright but all there recipes are off, they don't want cannabis growers as clients but have all kinds of ferts and additives using the word bud.. Yeah don't know too many other vegetable and flower growers who refer to there veggies as buds. They are owned by scotts which is supposed to be owned or partly owned by the devil's advocate Monsanto. Even if they only own shares it's beyond my morals to knowingly support such parasites by buying there brands.

I would rather spend my $ on Big Mikes miracle snake oil.. Just kidding Mike ;) I wouldn't spend all my profit's on his 15 bottle line up because it's very expensive but I will gladly recommend an big bud to others, works very good, better then most I've tried.. By the way ive always been a hydro fert user but have only started using additives about 3 years ago. Always had great results with 2 part and 3 part formulas, personally I think I had better results from just gh 3 part flora then since I've been using there fertilizer schedule and kool bloom additives, dry kb has very weird effects on the look of certain strains, since last year i never use more then 1/2 the recommended strength.

I picked this up friday.. Heard mostly positive feedback from the community and the price is lower then canna and products seem more concentated so the bottles last longer, the additives are more concentrated, the a+b seems like standard doses but still cheaper than canna coco a+b. I have always liked the dutch and there products, they are usually good quality. My buddy uses gold label coco designed for DE lighting and swears it's the best he's ever had, he averages 3.3# per Gavita DE... But I don't see gold label in the stores I go to, I'd have to order some... For now I'm all set with H&G, I'm in week 6 so I'm using the 8 week feed schedule and right know I'm using top booster with bud xl as recommended. Next week top shooter with bud xl to finish up.
picture.php

I picked this up friday.. Heard mostly positive feedback from the community and the price is lower then canna and products seem more concentated so the bottles last longer, the additives are more concentrated, the a+b seems like standard doses but still cheaper than canna coco a+b. I have always liked the dutch and there products, they are usually good quality. My buddy uses gold label coco designed for DE lighting and swears it's the best he's ever had, he averages 3.3# per Gavita DE... But I don't see gold label in the stores I go to, I'd have to order some... For now I'm all set with H&G, I'm in week 6 so I'm using the 8 week feed schedule and right know I'm using top booster with bud xl as recommended. Next week top shooter with bud xl to finish up.
picture.php

Day 37, stoped using an big bud at day 36 and switched from gen. hydro to H&G, first shot of bud xl and top shooter and about 1 tsp of molasses per gallon of solution.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I also started using mag-i-cal from technaflora for extra cal/mag I think the coco needs it, especially when using 3 L pots. I was lacking in ferts and additives so I went and got good stuff ! Also bought a new ph probe for my old Hanna combo pen (bought it in 2002), so no more canna ph strips for me lol I rarely bother adjusting ph unless it's not in an acceptable range, It basically stays the same I use ro.

Day 38

picture.php

picture.php

So far ive observed that with the daily hand watered coco I find the buds have a slightly higher bud to leaf ratio versus pro-mix bx hand watered 2-3 times a week.

TnTLabs

not too shabby... you will dial it in eventually.. keep going.. try a net next time and save on the nutes and just get jacks and calcnit..
good luck!

Yeah the nutes have been all over the place with this crop. Gh, canna and H&G lol no way of coming to a conclusion on this one! It was an international buffet of ferts

Day 40,
picture.php
I'm very suprised they are still holding their weight, normally at 5 weeks the branches start sagging under the weight of the colas. Especially now that plants are growing at about a 45° angle !! But I also never tried PowerPlant in a sog un-topped, I usually top them once or twice to get them to branch out and get bushy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

By the way I'm using hortilux and sunmaster yellow blossom's bulbs that we're purchased at the end of summer 2016 and have been used average 12 hrs a day since.. They are overdue to be changed and I'm surprised I'm getting results like that from weaker bulbs.. But it's different from the horizontal I'm used to, all plants get direct sunlight and not from top to bottom, it's getting light top and sides so lighting is definitely maximized in these vertical grows. I kinda like this style. Although I can't really say for sure but I think the H&G bud-xl and or top shooter is definitely doing something different to the buds than gh and kool bloom, in a good way but I don't want to speculate on that yet, maybe next one I'll keep a few clones on gh and kb and the rest on H&G a mini side by side competition just for fun. I'm going to set up the ac and start bringing temps down at night to get nicer darker colors and lower humidity at the same time she's mold succeptible when she gets really big and hard. Ac helps.