What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black domina

Here is my clone of black domina. I cant wait to flower her. Shes deff a new favorite.my bro was growing her for a few cycles and wouldnt stop raving about her. So i couldnt resist.after smoking the herb,i became a fan as well as watching my buddy grow her a few times. A quick stem rub reveals garlicy skunky funk more powerfull than anything else in the room. She grpws real slow in veg.roots quickly but vegs like a slowpoke.shes finally filling out after 3 months. I hear once ypu flip her she goes apeshit so i cant wait. That afghan skunk is all i been dreaming of lately so again i cant wait for her outcome. Let me know what you guys think and ill keep yall updated on this gem.peace
picture.php

Last edited:
Site is so hard to figure out sometimes. Different steps to uploding pics .they should make it simple for stoners.wtf.

Attachments

• 20170213_220420.jpg
    20170213_220420.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 24

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
ive been wanting to hunt down some black dom lately. will be cool to watch. ill plop down over here

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
good luck with her... after hearing lots of good comments, we bought a pack maybe 10years ago, started about 1/2 dozen seeds, n if I remember got 3 fem's, incl what we think was the 'ortega' pheno... tall n lanky... grew all the fems for 2-3 rounds, but found all of them lacking in punch n culled em...

we were pissed after hearing the rave reviews, we came up short.. still have the remaining seeds.. maybe will try again , as the rite pheno is suppose to be fire...

Thanks zachrockbadenof. I hope you do find something special in the rest of your packs. The oretega pheno is the most common phenotype talked about with the domina. Idk whick i have because like i said she roots fast,but vegs very slow...for a while,then she blew up it seems over night getting nice branches to fill in. I saw my bro get her to fill a 4x4 tent scrog and she filled every square.oretega i thought was a phenotype of northern lights?. But if you understand the lineage of the domina,shes about half nl. And 25%skunkxafghan.anyways id be interested in seeing if i have the oretega phenotype as well. Thanks brother for your input

GoatCheese

Veteran
.oretega i thought was a phenotype of northern lights?. But if you understand the lineage of the domina,shes about half nl. And 25%skunkxafghan.anyways id be interested in seeing if i have the oretega phenotype as well. Thanks brother for your input
Hey..
I have a BD keeper also. I think mine's one of the Ortega types and she sure isn't lacking in potency! But i have heard there are low potency plants in Black Domina line.

I grew out 5 seeds and she was the only female i got. One was a mutant/freak.
Here's my Domina girl. Hope you don't mind

picture.php

Here's some info you guys might find interesting.

The Ortega-type is a Mazar i Sharif Afghani, not related to NL. Ortega comes from a seed stock Nevil calls 'Maple Leaf'. Three different females of Maple Leaf was used in Sensi Seed's Maple Leaf Indica, which also has some Skunk#1 in it
..but Black Domina has no Skunk in it.

Nevil said he made two versions of Black Domina. One with an Afghani he got from Sam Skunkman, which was not related to Afghani#1. This Afghani apparently lacked potency.
He made the second version with Garlic Bud as one of the parents.

I think Sensi's Black Domina could have the Sam's Afghani in it, cause they call one of the parents of this 4-way hybrid "Afghani SA", so i'm thinking the "SA" could stand for "Sam's Afghan", but this is just speculation.

Any way..

The make- up of Sensi Seed's BD is (Ortega/Afghan SA x Hash plant/NL1)

Here's few posts by Nevil about Black Domina

Nevil said:
Black Domina was a 4 way indica hybrid I made for Sensi. I was going for big seeds/bracts with large resin globules on stalked glands. People seemed to want bigger yields, so I substited Garlic bud for one of the indicas. I don't know what has been happening at Sensi since then.
I liked the version with the big seeds and large stalked glands.

I also had another indica which would "shed" its resin at the drop of a hat. I was going to cross that into the Black Domina. You can see where I was going with this!

Ah well, it never happened and such is life.

Don't fret, it's still in the land of what dreams may come!
N.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/58981-post17.html
Nevil said:
[FONT=&quot] [...][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I never got any Kush from Sam. I did get another Afghan from him that was unrelated to A#1. It a was coarse large seeded variety with big calyxes, but lacking potency. I used that in the Black Domina (25%).
[...][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]N.[/FONT]
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/83317-post516.html
Nevil said:
[FONT=&quot]Ortega and NL lines are unrelated.
To be honest, I can't remember exactly which father was used in the bulk of the seeds.
NL2x Sams Afghan was one, Ortega x Sams Afg was another, both were later substituted with a son of Garlic bud for better yield (NL2xGarlic?).
I'll give you the tip that the quality came from the mother.
N. [/FONT]

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/83607-post525.html

:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
How does your Black Domina smell, Steady?

My girl is really sweet hashy with tarty peach and green apple tones.
Effect is kinda like BlueBerry indica, but less mentally active. I really like her potent "feel good" stone.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I dont mind at all goatcheese nice shot.cant wait to compare phenos. Mine smells of a garlic skunky afghan is the best way to describe.

Yea, there seems to be some variation among the seeds.

I also collected some pollen from a slightly lemony/hashy male, but it looked to be abit smaller yielder. Haven't used the pollen on any females yet.

I did some seeds with my Black Domina girl and polinated her with X-18 from Tom Hill. Someone came up with the idea to call that cross "Ex-wife"..LOL ..get it? I have two of those veggin right now.

Do you have eny flowering photos of your BD?

Also, how's the effect and potency on your BD?

Laters

GoatCheese

Veteran
Oh, i'm sure your homie will be giving you nice grow tips, but don't push her with the nute streght when she's flowering.

Don't know about you keeper, but some BDs can grow nanners, if you feed the too heavily, as can many nute-sensitive strains.

Looks nice and healthy so far.

Interested in finding other phenotypes of thos and comparing what i have. I know of the domina lady pheno as well as the ortega pheno.any others?

Update on the black domina. Heres a few pics of my pheno about 3 to four weeks into flowering. Her structure is very stout and bushy.flowers are getting very dense and are starting to smell like peppry garlic pineapple skunk. Cant wait to sample these fruits.i find it amazing how some old genetics can be so diversley different than anything we are used to seeing these days with alot of og and purple genetics and flavors in the gene pool.yet when we go back to try something older,these genetics surprize me.the flavors are reminiscent of old 90s bud that i used to sample.if you look strains like cookies and og,glue,and othernewr genetics flowers in the mid flowering stage,then look at the domina,youll be able to clearly see.something is totally different.theres no popcorn nugs all hammers.like it used to be. Lots of frost too. Though i will admit,maybe not as much visual frost as an og or something,but that doesnt matter any good gardener knows how to bring the frost out of strains with experience at the right times...here she is.in a 10 gal fabric pot.vegged under some t5s at first than she was transplanted to the 10 gal an thrown under a 600 watt mh for 3 weeks before flipping to flower.fed h&g aqua flakes a&b,cal mag+,protekt,seagreen,and ak fish. As well as a few teas made with og tea,vitamino,cal mag +,humboldt honey es,oregonism,seagreen,and colony x microbes.

Attachments

• 20170518_202241.jpg
    20170518_202241.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170518_202536.jpg
    20170518_202536.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170518_202931.jpg
    20170518_202931.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170520_200627.jpg
    20170520_200627.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170518_202521.jpg
    20170518_202521.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
More black domina fun

Attachments

• 20170518_202536.jpg
    20170518_202536.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170518_202649.jpg
    20170518_202649.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20170520_200642.jpg
    20170520_200642.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170518_202433.jpg
    20170518_202433.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170520_200605.jpg
    20170520_200605.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 21

GoatCheese

Veteran
To me, your plant looks like a hybrid pheno. I see little of Ortega influence in it, thou my Ortega-type is taller/lankier and the aromas are different than on your plant.
I'm sure she will have nice resin coating by the end. There sure is some on her even now.

To me, your plant looks like a hybrid pheno. I see little of Ortega influence in it, thou my Ortega-type is taller/lankier and the aromas are different than on your plant.
I'm sure she will have nice resin coating by the end. There sure is some on her even now.

Goat cheese.thanks for your input.i am looking for all the info i can get about the different phenos.i can see how you say theres a slight ortega resemblance,but also a hybrid variation of this expression.judging by the pictures you have shared,id say too that your pheno is a taller 1. Wonder which side of the genetics atributes to my shorter stockier pheno? Ohh theres some frost starting alright.verry sticky rte now.again,thanks for all of your input on this strain.shes a classic and kinda rare so when i can learn more about her,i jump at the occasion.✌ will keep you updated soon

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nevil made two versions of Black Domina and the later version included Garlic Bud, but he doesn't know which version Sensi Seeds was/is using after he left the company.
But since you say it has some garlic aroma, it could have some Garlic Bud in it.

Your plant also reminds me of some Sweet Seeds' S.A.D. phenos, which are Black Domina S1 seeds. Check out some photos and grow reports on the Sweet Seeds sub-forum.
Other phenos you can find come from the Hash Plant/NL1 parent, which should be short.

My Ortega-type is the only BD female i have grown so far, but i have seen other plants in veg. I also flowered a male and it was also somewhat taller, but abit different to my Ortega-type.

Nevil made two versions of Black Domina and the later version included Garlic Bud, but he doesn't know which version Sensi Seeds was/is using after he left the company.
But since you say it has some garlic aroma, it could have some Garlic Bud in it.

Your plant also reminds me of some Sweet Seeds' S.A.D. phenos, which are Black Domina S1 seeds. Check out some photos and grow reports on the Sweet Seeds sub-forum.
Other phenos you can find come from the Hash Plant/NL1 parent, which should be short.

My Ortega-type is the only BD female i have grown so far, but i have seen other plants in veg. I also flowered a male and it was also somewhat taller, but abit different to my Ortega-type.
Goat cheese thank you so much brother. This information is very usefull to me im hoping to do some more research and read more on the different crosses and genetic companys that offer crossings of the black dom. I recieved her as a clone so im not sure where she originates.

Latest posts

Latest posts