What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mount Zion 2017

MountZionCollec

Chimera Dolce Sativa

I selected one mother to keep from my 2016 grow out of 15. This female had rock hard buds, high yielding, PM resistant and was the most mold resistant out of the bunch.

Smells: Pine-Citrus-Funk.

effects- energizing and nonheavy and nonmuddy up sativa effects, however more full bodied then a pure sativa. The myrcene i think brings in some light body numbing effects. Great Hybrid sativa.

MountZionCollec

I had 14 females to choose from last year of Cannabiogens Panama pure sativa combo of 3 panama varieties. I kept 3 mothers.

This is #14.

smells: tropical fruits (lemon, orange, mango, citrus), incense, Floral/rose, suttle pine, pepper/spice, earthy.

effects: hazey in the head and in the body, less energetic then #1, feel like in a haze bubble. Disembodied feeling when walking around, odd feeling but enjoyable. very complex effects, but still very clean. im guessing its high in limonine, terpinenes, and pinene...maybe some others? the effects is quite complex.

This is #10: More energetic then #14 and less complex, with more citrus and lemon in the smell. Musky citrus with pinesol. Dill and pine, herbal, orange, green tea, Higher in limonine then #14, but higher in pinene IM GUESSING and i think this interferes with the quality of the effects of the limonine.

effects: no heavyness, no hazey loopy body, The effects are just a little "off" to me, they just arent as clean as #1 and the terpene combos can make me feel not very well. not sure if Ill keep i need to smoke test some more..

Panama #1: MOST citrus smells. Lemon/citrus, incense, limepine, dill. Mostly limonine, then terpinene, then a little pinene IM GUESSING.

effects: VERY UP UP UP, pure energy, doesnt have the heavier loopy body that #14 has and doesnt have the odd feelings of #10...very euphoric in the body and in the chest, expansive...not very hazey.

All resistant to PM-mold and bugs.

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

This is Cannabiogens Destroyer (thai*Columbian*Mexican). I had 19 females to choose from in 2016 and I kept one with rock hard but small buds.

smell: Fresh Fruits, Tropical/citrus, mango/orange, incense, dill, herbal.

effects: 100% clean and nonmuddy sativa effects. energetic haze. Equal parts energy to haze with Euphoria and mood enhancing qualities. Terpenes im guessing is limonine and Terpinene.

vigorous, light resistance to PM, resistant to mold and bugs.

MountZionCollec

Sweet Skunk*Jack Herer,

Smell: Sweet-Pine-earthy Funky-some citrus fruity-incense.

effects: Starts Up and Euphoric in the chest with numbed body, then it slowly gets heavier often leading to afternoon naps if smoked during the day.

I did not keep the best quality pheno, though it is a very nice one and the most resistant to pm and bugs.

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

Schnazzleberry #2 (The Dom *Blueberry) from Chimera]

smells: (Grapefruit, Orange), pinesol, faint leather, pungent, wood, funky, deep smell, mandarin peel (bitter), cedar, lavender, fermented smell.

rock hard bugs, resistant to PM and mold and bugs and very stinky.

hybrid indica in the effects thats numbs the body and weighs down on you, couchlock, though not as couch lock as the musky berries pheno was.

MountZionCollec

I will be taking cuttings soon on the females!

Right now I have 5 males rooting of SLeeskunk
3 males rooting of Schnazzleberry #4

Im going to be taking cuttings on the 17 more vigorous schnaz #4 females and the most vigorous 25 Sleeskunk females.

-Haze #5*HazeSkunk#1 I will keep 18 plants including 2 males.

-Haze*Mexican*HazeSkunk#1 I have 16 plants. I will keep 7 mothers and 2 males. I will only keep mothers that finish before Thanksgiving.

Pot of Gold*Hindu Kush (POG #2) Ill have over 100 females to choose from. I will keep take cuttings on ~35.

I will be taking cuttings on ~5 White rhino*Skunk #1s and 2 males. total of 7 plants.

Ancestral Skunk #1 im planning on taking cuttings on 4 females and 2 males.

-ill take cuttings on 3 mothers of my CBD Harle Tsu.

I have my Mothers from last year to take cuttings on: Dolce Sativa, Destroyer, 3 panamas, Schnaz #2, Sweet Skunk*Jack herer.

that is 120 plants I need to temporarily. I have a cutting room that will allow me to fit, I think, about 25 of the dome greenhouse to root out cuttings. I can root comfortably 2 different strains in each, but I can do as high as 3 in each if I need to. The additional females that root out will be planted in the garden to fill in any holes from males found late.

I will start the cuttings in small rockwool. Then I will move them into 4" Tall and Wide pots. I will then transplant them into pots that are ~6" wide and 1" deep. I will be taking cuttings off plants in those pots to root new ones out to replace the old. I plant on keeping 2 cuttings of each plant saved.

I may end up putting them in the ground in the winter, or I may just do that with half the greenhouse to experiment so I could have half in the ground and half in pots. Once it hits November and I have smoke tested the Non sativas I will be cutting my plant numbers by 1/3 to get me to ~80 plants.

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

Males are mostly rooted out will be transplanting into pots today, moving them out to the greenhouse next weekend.

I'm taking a bunch of cuttings today on Schnaz 4 (16-20 mothers) and sleeskunk females (25-30).

Next week I will be taking cuttings on males from haze 5 and hazemexican and white rhino skunk.

I will also be taking female cuttings on POG#2 next week.

I am planning to get clean green certified, currently going through that process.

The plants are growing very well. There are 30 sleeskunk that are 5' tall 4' wide and looking to keep going.

MountZionCollec

I will be taking pictures soon, all is growing well.

I have been lollipop pruning cutting all the lower branches 6-9" from the ground the ones that are too horizontal that end up breaking in my wind. I have also been doing some light thinning of the inside but just a little.

I have not done any foliar sprays and I won't be. I want to see the mothers who don't need foliar sprays or fertigation or top dressing to keep them happy. I want the ones I can just amend a soil at the beginning of the year and then just add water.

We have not had any bug problems, we also have not sprayed any pesticides.

All plants are in the ground and we only have 50 more Tposts to knock in.

I have the 5 sleeskunk males and 3 Schnaz #4 males rooted out and will be going into my almost finished greenhouse this weekend.

I have taken cuttings on 17 schnazzleberry #4 females, and after tonight 28 sleeskunk females.

The cutting process is going well it takes me 40 minutes to take 4 cuttings on 3 strains. That includes cleaning up my stuff, walking down the hill, cutting, coming up and transferring to Rockwool. I'll be doing that 4-5 nights a week until I get them all.

MountZionCollec

Cuttings room, I can fit about 23 little dome greenhouses in there and I can fit 3 strains per dome.

The 5 medium sized plants in this picture are Hazse #5*(OHaze*skunk #1) females. You can see 1 of the males I am keeping in the 3rd row down to the left.

Mexican*OHaze*(OHaze*skunk #1). one of the 3 males im keeping on the left, and a female on the right.

Schnazzleberry #4 females.

MountZionCollec

Looks like a dream come true. Do u do anything special to the soil or just plant it straight in the ground?

I use soilminerals.com to analyze my Logan's lab soil test to bring my soil into balance each year adding the required nutrients approved for organic operations.

I also have my worker pick axe the hole locations lightly at each hole to break it up and remove some rocks, of which I have many.

I place the plants in a homemade gopher basket as we have many of them as well and ground squirrels.

My soil is around 15% organic matter, good ph level and fairly well balanced with minerals. I'll be building the organic matter over time I'm looking for 25%. Then I have drip system to keep the moisture at proper levels.

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

Fuck you doin with all them pickles?

Where is all the OM coming from in your native soil? Post a soiltest up

Me and the wife are going to eat all those pickles over the next year :), they haven't been yielding that high for long so we'll see how long it lasts we may have enough to give some away to friends.

OM is coming from my native soil used to being an fairly old forest. I on numerous occasions have come across tree trunks 2' buried underneath dirt so I seem to have a few feet of forest soil depending in the area. A fire rolled through here 15 years ago and burned up all the vegetation on my land on this south 5 acres.

MountZionCollec

This year I added amendments of__________per 1000 square feet.

-200# of Calphos
-6# of salt
-30 # of feather meal
-15# of Kelp meal
15# of Azomite.

In 2018 I will be adding a more many more amendments, organic matter and micronutrients that I did not add this year. With all this regulatory stuff I have been dealing with this year I didnt get to add everything I wanted due to not being able to source or afford everything I needed.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70991&pictureid=1770741&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This year I added amendments of__________per 1000 square feet.

-200# of Calphos
-6# of salt
-30 # of feather meal
-15# of Kelp meal
15# of Azomite.

In 2018 I will be adding a more many more amendments, organic matter and micronutrients that I did not add this year. With all this regulatory stuff I have been dealing with this year I didnt get to add everything I wanted due to not being able to source or afford everything I needed.

Garden's looking nice!
what's the soilminerals report cost and what does it look like?

did you put the same volume of amendments on your veg and berry plots?

are you top dressing at all? how about lightening the soil with pumice or anything when you plug plants?

these run $400-1200 depending on condition and horsepower but even the small ones will handle the very rocky conditions at my place and you can work in amendments and dig holes super easy.

they run forever and are so easy to service, I have a '64 and a '68.
you can also run anything from the PTO like pumps, generators, stump grinders and there's a really nice roto tiller attachment too.

mostly I use mine to mow and brush hog and work up the earth for my gardens.

[YOUTUBEIF]0_4012ZUico[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.mytractorforum.com/24-gravely/108494-rotary-plow-plant-bushes.html

some pretty interesting references and info in this podcast regarding amendments and the episodes with Coot are great.
https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/6-cannabis-cultivation-and-science-podcast

the guy said these interpretations of soil reports and amendments have been figured out using optimum yields as the limits on inputs but growing the best/healthiest/tastiest plants requires way higher levels of minerals and organic matter.

it has helped me understand the improvements I found by dumping giant loads of mixed animal compost into my gardens.

I really like what coots is doing running all his manures through worm bins before applying them.

MountZionCollec

I will post a picture of what the recommendations look like in my next post. It costs $45 for recommendations and the logans lab soil test costs like $30.

Yes I put the exact same stuff in my berries-veggies and orchard. I will post the recommednations that I added last year which was more extensive then this year.

-No top dressing, fertigation, or foliar sprays will be done unless a crisis happens on a few plants in which case I would only foliar spray them, but I would not keep cuttings of the mother.

-I have never used pumice, is it like perlite? I like a heavy dense soil to keep the watering to a minimum, I do want to add more organic matter and wood mulch to break down over time and may also leave the straw to break down as well, not sure yet.

-I could not open the first 2 links that you posted. BUt I will be checking out the KIS links thank you. I do like the idea of running the manure through he worm bins, I would love to get a worm operation going here in the next 2 years! I will also be buying a wood chipper so I can begin to clear out my 5 acres of forest and chip the brush and small trees and then compost the chippings for 6 months or more and lay over my area.

Garden's looking nice!
what's the soilminerals report cost and what does it look like?

did you put the same volume of amendments on your veg and berry plots?

are you top dressing at all? how about lightening the soil with pumice or anything when you plug plants?

these run $400-1200 depending on condition and horsepower but even the small ones will handle the very rocky conditions at my place and you can work in amendments and dig holes super easy.

they run forever and are so easy to service, I have a '64 and a '68.
you can also run anything from the PTO like pumps, generators, stump grinders and there's a really nice roto tiller attachment too.

mostly I use mine to mow and brush hog and work up the earth for my gardens.

[YOUTUBEIF]0_4012ZUico[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.mytractorforum.com/24-gravely/108494-rotary-plow-plant-bushes.html

some pretty interesting references and info in this podcast regarding amendments and the episodes with Coot are great.
https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/6-cannabis-cultivation-and-science-podcast

the guy said these interpretations of soil reports and amendments have been figured out using optimum yields as the limits on inputs but growing the best/healthiest/tastiest plants requires way higher levels of minerals and organic matter.

it has helped me understand the improvements I found by dumping giant loads of mixed animal compost into my gardens.

I really like what coots is doing running all his manures through worm bins before applying them.