What's new

Boundless vapes

Hello

Do you have experince with Boundless vapes?

I needed a vape and asked recommendations from vape shop and Boundless CFX was the answer. Researched about it and it seems to fill my needs.atleast on paper.

Ordered it as a christmas present so i have no experience about yet.

Will give review somepoint.

All comments are welcome. Thanks!

PAW

U

useless.gardens

ow for sure. i have cfx. its a great vape. lots of adjustability. good hits. nice chamber. only thing is a screen mod in the mouthpiece for better air flow. easy to do look around online. plus every "vape critic" gives boundless super high marks. i had the cf too. for my bookbag. i sold it only cause i was vaping at home on the cfx more than on the go with the cf. both units are great.

Ive been testing CFX for few time now and have to say its good value for money. Build is solid. Does not feel like a plastic or toy.

Easy to use. Open. Put herbs in.Close. 5clicks ON. Set temperature 40-220c. Wait 20seconds and you are ready to go. 5clicks OFF. If you want to pause your session press power for 2seconds. There is 5minute automatic turn-off timer.

Vapor quality is good and lots of vapor. Taste is quite good but gets popcorny after a while. I read CFX is hybrid conduction/convection. Herb gets nicely brown without combustion. Efficiency is good. Nice bowl size 0.7g.Battery life is as promised. 10-15 five minute sessions. Draw resistance is not bad,there is mods for that and I will try those after I get the parts. Does work well with other herbs, chamomile, lavender, hops,peppermint and so on.

Only minor cons for my taste. I would like the screen bit dimmer,its quite bright for stealthy use at night. Buttons could be not so clicky. Charging time is not 30mins to full like they advertice. You get it up and running in 30mins but to full it is 45-60mins. Note: this does not hold smells while loaded. Thougt it would quite well but I was wrong.No polices arriwed so everything went well :D

Tip for using. Before your final two draws shut heating off.(press 2seconds) Chamber will cool down and you wont waste any material. If you leave it on vapor will be produced all the time until 5minutes is up.

All in all. Good value for money 4.5/5 stars.

Hope I remember all. Will update if anything comes to mind.

Thanks!

PAW

Last edited:
Best temps for me 185c,then up200 and finally 220c.185c gives nice taste. After the taste fades away bit more body effect and finally push it all the way. Have to say CFX is efficient as mf!

PAW

U

useless.gardens

agreed. holds a decent charge too. be a great firmware mod to give you a click option to turn off the screen. the cf has it. called "stealth mode". i palm the screen at night. makes waiting for the train fun !

I wonder what kind a battery is inside. two 18650 maybe?

If i need to change them someday i will upgrade for 3400mAh. 2500mAh is good but whattahell some tweaking.

"Battery: Dual lithium-Ion batteries (2500mAh, 7.4v, not user replaceable)"

PAW

cravin morehead

Veteran
Just bought a cfx today. My first vape in almost 30 years of enjoying this incredible plant. Got stuff for doing screen mods too. Looking forward to trying vaping, my lungs are too. I'll let you guys know what I think

Cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
OK guys, my cfx is set to be delivered today. I can't wait. so in some video reviews I've watched, they mention burning in or doing a dry run to remove manufacturing oils and such. but they dont go into much detail about the process. how do I go about this? do I do it after performing the mouthpiece screen mod? any help will be really appreciated. just want my first milky clouds to be all they can be.
thanks

cm

U

useless.gardens

make sure its charged.

open lid. turn on full blast. let run 2 or 3 cycles.

recharge.

pack with nug.

while its burning off you can take a moment to clean the lid in iso.

i didnt clean the lid/mouthpiece.

quick burnoff & staight to smoking nug.

the screen mod is a great upgrade... still boundless is sending out the newer models with a diff filter.
the new filter (under the lid) is very efficient & has great flow.

either way, the screen mod is still great if u want easier pulls.

cravin morehead

Veteran
thanks again useless, so by 2 or 3 cycles, do you mean 2 or 3 five minute timer cycles? I will iso clean the whole cooling/mouthpiece assembly. I'm kind of assuming since I got mine for only $108, it probably is the older model and will need mouthpiece screen mod. but I could be wrong, I guess we'll see.

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
just thought I'd update my posts.
so, been using my cfx almost exclusively for the last couple days. I did receive a newer model, little screw on screen in the mouthpiece had the bigger and more holes. I did the screen mods first thing while burning in the vape with the whole top off. cut a new SS screen down to size to place in the top part of where the little screw on mouthpiece screen was. replaced screw on screen with a top cap screen from a ELB screen assembly. wedged on to fit perfect and stays in place. I burned it in 4x's then recharged, soaked the whole top assembly in 99% iso for 10 minutes, and then hit it. put some fresh ground GSC in and heated to 375*f. first draw was a surprising flavor. I like this bud burned and not ground, just finger broken up. in the cfx I got a stronger flavor of what I don't like ground and burned. so, I emptied it out and started over. this time I just broke up bud by hand into little nugglets. heated to 375* again, waited another minute to more evenly warm the nugglets, hit it. Wow! big difference! tasted absolutely clean, just strong flavor of the bud, concentrated. I progressed through that session and slowly increased temp up 385* max. for the buds I've tried in my cfx, I like 373*f-380*f, so far.
all in all, I love this new boundless cfx. just got the water pipe adapter too. be trying that out tonight.
thanks for the info to help my decision making process guys. I'm very happy with my purchase...

cm

Lucky 7

Switched up from a Haze to a Flower mate, now the Boundless cf . . . Love the unit . . . Really nice clouds of vapor . . . Has the newer filter so haven't done screen mods, draws fine