What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud's Medical Massachusetts Grow Log

alotawatah, I got the CO2 exhale bags in my room and the humidity stays around 50%. I plan on getting an AC for next summer, I will just sweat this one out.

cultivatorkid, the critical jack is a keeper. It's one of the few strains that I have kept for multiple grows. It produces a lot, has nice flavor and high as well. I got the CJ from Dinafem I believe.

We are now at day 37 of Flower, almost halfway there! I usually go 80-90 days after the 12/12 switch.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stinkhorn123

Looking good bud those are gonna be some monster tops My basement grows have been running in high 80's with equally high humidity, if I run a dehumidifier it pushes my temps way to high. Fortunately I have a Stardog cut that is incredibly mold resistant inside and out.

I have yet to have any mold issues but I believe this is due to the fact that I keep humidity lower than 50% in the room during flower. This does make me have higher temps but I would rather have a few hermies than mold.

Muleskinner

Veteran
apparently mold doesn't like temps over 80 either. the only time mold has been a problem for me is when I let the plant go too long into flower - extensive leaf yellowing & dying, etc.

my last plant is harvested, now I hunker down with some full jars, fire up the vape and wait for November! Don't know if I will make it all the way to Nov. 5 without dropping seeds…..trying to satisfy myself with outdoor flower gardering, but it's so boring in comparison to the herbs

4 mil home depot plastic on top, 6 mil for the floor, 20 gallon smart pots of coco, going to get multi fed jacks hydro+calnit. Supplementals coming in, I'm hoping to turn them on in the morning to help dry any moisture in the fall, and for any cloudy/rainy days to keep the heat high relative to the humidity (vpd). Any one have any ideas for caging/support? That's my biggest issue now, everything is on 7 foot centers. Thx.

We are now at day 45 of Flower. Everything is looking decent. The high temps are not helping but I will resolve this after this harvest.
picture.php

picture.php

Close ups
picture.php

picture.php

Everything is still on track, probably going to go 80-90 days flower with this group.

The plan to reduce heat is to get a light rail and use only 1 600W instead of the current 2. This should dramatically reduce the heat produced in the room.

Well the heat is finally taking its toll on the girls. I've had temps >100°F for almost 3 weeks straight so I bought a light mover/rail and it should be here by the 17th. This way I will cut down to just one 600W which should drop the temp at least 10°F.

Anyway, here they are at day 54 of Flower:
picture.php

picture.php

The plan is go about 80 days so they are getting their last feeding this week and then will be flushed for about 2 1/2 weeks until the chop.

I will update after I install the light mover/rail.

Sorry for the delay between my posts. August has been a busy month for me.

I finally got a light rail and am now running just a single 600W HPS in the room. The temps have dropped from 100°-103°F to about 90°F since removing one of the 600W lights.
picture.php

The light rail was easy to install but I did need another set of hands since I had to install it over my plants. Took me less than an hour though. The only thing that bothers me is that the power cord of the light puts tension on it and the light turns about 90 degrees when it reaches each end of the rail. I don't think this will effect anything but it just bothers me so I will look into ways to release that tension and better secure the light to the rail.

Here are some pictures of the girls on day 79 of Flower (since 12/12 switch). I plan on letting them go for another week or two so they will be chopped between 87-94 days of flower.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Muleskinner

Veteran
very nice Bud! I see why you keep going regardless of high temps - you still get a nice yield. Good job. I can hardly wait to drop seeds again, waiting a few more weeks for cooler temps.

Fingers crossed for November - Jah willing, my next crop will be fully non-medically legal. Leaning toward a total indica-fest this time.

Thanks Muleskinner, I plan on using a lot of this to make Rosin anyway so if the buds took too much heat stress I will just pull off the trichs anyway.

Good luck with the November ballet, if it passes I will have to reconsider if it's worth paying for the medical license in the future.

Alright folks, the plan is to cut the plants down next weekend (17th or 18th). I always do a wet trim just because it works better for my schedule.

I just purchased a 5 gallon bubble hash washing machine. The plan is to run all the trim through the washing machine, collect the hash in bubble bags, then use a rosin press on the bubble hash. I will also be using 2-3 whole plants in this process as well to ensure I get a decent amount of rosin which has been my preferred medication lately.

I apologize for the long hiatus everyone. My last grow was devastated by the heat stress and it really wasn't something I wanted to show off but if you fall you got to get back up and try again so here is what I've been up to in the past 4-5 months:

Here is the 5 gallon bubble machine I purchased to make bubble hash:
picture.php

The entire grow was not smokable in my opinion so I just froze all the buds after cutting them off the stems and then ran them through the bubble machine:
picture.php

I only used a 73u and 25u bubble bags and was actually presently surprised by the amount of bubble hash I got:
picture.php

picture.php

The hash was dried and then I used a friends Rosin Press to make some solventless Rosin. I recently purchased my own Rosin Press but haven't had the time to really play with it yet, once I do I will put up some pics.

So I have kept the single 600W on a 6ft light rail and am on the next grow. Currently at around day 56 of Flower but here are some pics:
picture.php

Early Flower:
picture.php

Mid Flower:
picture.php

Close up of the Ron Berry:
picture.php

These will be harvested in about 3 weeks and I'm excited since the last grow in that room was disappointing.

Now to introduce the added grow room! I set up my old 3x3 tent to have a more perpetual grow going. Due to the last grow in my room being a failure I decided I didn't want to risk months of work on a single grow. So adding this grow tent allows me to have another setup to work with as well as being able to try new strains and growing methods.

I started with Cotton Candy seeds I purchased from Delicious Seeds. A 400W light is in the tent, using soil and fox farm nutes, Scrog to maximize the canopy. 3 plants were squished in the tent as well.

This grow is already finished and I'm planning on trying drip feed DWC the next round. I'm currently finishing the hydro system and will be transplanting a Cotton Candy clone into it soon.

Anyway, onto the pics!
Cotton Candy
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Harvest day!
picture.php

I didn't take any photos after harvest but I still have some buds that I can get some sexy trich photos from.

Latest posts

Latest posts