What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BRIX Plus

Le Monkey

Brix+ still around?

Brix+ still around?

Old post i know but are people still coming across this stuff?

Must still be selling it.

I just bought some weed that was really dark brown looking but otherwise seemed ok. Once i got it home though i found out that all i really had was sweet to the tongue, shitty tasting rubbish.

beggars cant be choosers but damn man!

disappointed

SoilFoodWeb

are we all talking about the same product that peaceful valley farm supply sells
the one tom hill highly recommends??

these can't be the same things can they

Read this befor you do anything

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73818

They promote there it as a foliar but in real pepol use it to soak buds with - nasty shit since we dont know whats in it

Glycerin ect

And shame on Tom for using this product i also saw him promoting it

Just for clarification the product which Tom and many of the OD guys were having success with was a foliar product called “Brix Mix” which used to be carried by Peaceful Valley Farming Supply in CA before it was pulled for shipping issues. Brix Mix is meant to raise brix levels in living plants, and does not contain flour/sand/silicates/hairspray/glass.

**Heres the recipe from PVFS;
Liquid Brix Mix
16.5% Molasses
16.5% non GMO pure Malt
25% Phytamin 4-3-4
24% Humax
16.5% liquid sulfur
1.5% Therm-X 70

Dry Brix Mix
13% Maxicrop
19% Fertall MB Powdered Chelates
31% Powdered sugar
37% Diamond K soluble Sulfate of Potash

Feel free to change the blend to suit your needs and the availability of the ingredients. You do not have to use every ingredient for the mix to be beneficial. For example: if you don’t have Phytamin 4-3-4, you could sub a liquid fish or a dry fish powder, like HFPC hydrolyzed fish. If you prefer, you can use a liquid kelp extract in place of maxicrop. If you don’t have a trace mineral deficiency, you can do without the MB powdered chelates. Keep in mind that kelps, such as maxicrop, do provide some trace minerals. If you don’t have access to a liquid sulfur, just leave it out of the blend.**

HTH, SoilFoodWeb

anonymousgrow

This thread gave me such a good laugh, I know it's old and hopefully people know better now but this shit is funny. I don't think the vast majority of folks in the thread have a clue what brix is.

It has nothing to do with spraying anything on a plant to make it appeal a certain way. It's the specific gravity of sucrose in water. That is to say if you have a reading of 10 degrees brix on your refractometer you have ~10% sucrose in the water of the plant. So these sprays and brix mixes are all products and formulas with the intention of helping you raise your sugar levels in the plant.

Brix readings are common in the orchard, wine, and honey industries and probably more that I am unaware of. It is just something that Cannabis growers have started to check on a larger scale in the last 5 years or so in my opinion.

Big John

This thread gave me such a good laugh, I know it's old and hopefully people know better now but this shit is funny. I don't think the vast majority of folks in the thread have a clue what brix is.

It has nothing to do with spraying anything on a plant to make it appeal a certain way. It's the specific gravity of sucrose in water. That is to say if you have a reading of 10 degrees brix on your refractometer you have ~10% sucrose in the water of the plant. So these sprays and brix mixes are all products and formulas with the intention of helping you raise your sugar levels in the plant.

Brix readings are common in the orchard, wine, and honey industries and probably more that I am unaware of. It is just something that Cannabis growers have started to check on a larger scale in the last 5 years or so in my opinion.

I had the same reaction as you, I looked into it though and this brix+ product is actually used as an after harvest soak to increase weight, pretty shady imo.

I did get a good laugh out of the "shame on tom hill" guy LOL

Drewsif

BUMP.

From sugar water foliar sprays, to sugar water root soaks. The evolution of scumbag grow methods.

Brix+, Budcandy, Sugaree, Sweet, Floralicious, all that shit is the same. The root absorbs simple sugars. Anyone who thinks you can pass off sugar soaked plants as the real flavor of soil grown weed has lost it. The shit is disgusting. Coats your lungs in black crust. I couldnt even get high off the shit, it coats your lungs so heavily in burnt sugars.

If you use any of these sugar contaminants, you will probably end up in court some day, having ruined every pair of lungs that's came near your sugarweed.

Grow a strain with zero terps and use this stuff at least half dosage. Dry it too fast and everything. You WILL smell and taste the product. An exact match. There is no chemical reaction happening with this sugar bullshit. Its a direct CONTAMINANT OF SIMPLE SUGARS and other random ingredients thrown in for good luck, and the chance they may have an effect unrelated to the main ingredients: simple sugars and fruit scrap extracts.

You can divide Budcandy buds and Sweet buds by color smell and taste. Its all the same bullshit, different fake ass flavors. The only growing practice on my radar worse than this, is people using essential oils on their buds. My sister sees it all the time in the ER. You can't fucking smoke essential oils!