What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tricks for trimming!

JVonChron

^^that. one time after a bunch of hunched trimmin me and gal went to get massages. afterwords the massage therapist( my lady corrected me as I ask how to spell masus, but your not sposed to call em that cuz apparently masus are the ones that jerk you at the end. and massage therapist is the proper name) but she talked to me after massage and asks if all was good and then goes" you felt really tight around your shoulders, like you had been doing this motion or something {insert semi hunched clip clip motion she makes with her arm/hand} I could barely keep from crackin up.

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
these fiskar thread snips are awesome.

thread_snips__48157.1360680295.550.550.png

wanna get these bonzai snips for the cool factor.

XL.jpg

j78z

Halfway through trimming I use a razor blade to scrape all the scissor hash off , then I throw that into a bowl and get high as a hooker on a Saturday night .

Bulldog420

Veteran
Go to the store and buy a frozen pizza before trimming, and don't order pizza while trimming....Pizza man is a stoner too for sure, rule number one.

JointOperation

XM radio on....a brew or two....and a couple trays one for catching sugar trim and the other for disposing the nugs....stems get grouped into their own section...

i also trim all fan leaves first when the plants still wet, and trim at base of stem to minimize sap leakage onto the product......i leave all leaf that is touching nug on the plant and trim when its dry...

also sometimes its nice to not use scissors....wear latex gloves and just "finger trim" but snapping the fan leaves into the opposite direction of the stem..

if u trim the fans wet anyways.. try what i was taught.. that 2-3 days before i chop.. i go pull all the big fans with no trichs.. those go into a pile.. then dried.. and used for topicals. but.. since done in flower still.. by the time u chop. that sap shit is gone.. and it helps alot.. especially with the smell.. also.. i think when u pull all the fans off.. the plant goes into DEFENSE MODE.. and starts to put out more terpenes ? me personally i think this is working for me .. but dont pull ur fans off if u cant control how slow they dry.. because if u pull all fans.. plants dry quicker.. which would lead to more hay smell and needing a longer cure to get that smell to come back.

Buero

I cut the fan leaves and then hang the branches to dry. When its dry I cure it. I don't do the close trim until the buds are cured. When a leaf is cut it produces that hay smell. Also the dry leaves around the bud form a cage that protects the buds until they are ready to use.

Wendull C.

Veteran
After just getting the heaviest person I could find to walk down my spine due to four days trimming I say the best trick would be to pay or trick others into doing it for you.;)

Wendull C.

Veteran
No, I will put in the work. The amount machine trimmed nug going around is sickening. Paclo the shit out of it and run it through a trimmer. Rapes all the resin I worked so hard to grow.

After trimming for weeks I always say I'm going to get a trimmer, but when I see the shit that passes for kind in the stores I have too much pride in my meds and too much respect for the consumer to do that.