What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just wow

fatigues

Veteran
There have been similar posts of massive plants in Southern Ontario. In all cases, the plants were started indoors from seed in early February and then put outside in mid-May.

This was one from somewhere in a backyard ACMPR grow in the Caledon, ON area, photo was taken in early September. The plant is 13' tall and 10' wide.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bigassplant.jpg
    bigassplant.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 24

Canada

too bad you must buy seeds and plants from the government according to health Canada and my cannabis store here in new Brunswick assured me they will never have clones and seeds would be and i quote " what we like to say around here ( cannabis NB) tbd . To Be Determent. . The Lp dont have a large enough supply of auto flowering seeds im assuming yet to release to the public . . I can only assume cause of all the greed that the lp will probably only offer autos . So good luck producing 4lb plants

And all the ACMPR growers that will loose their med licenses based on "access" being met can thank idiots like this clown all over the front page giving them the images they need to propagandize the public that access is easily met. Clowns like this are the worst enemy to med users. How can a lawyer argue that access cant be met with guys on front pages pulling 20 pounds off 4 plants. people are so stupid its astounding. Thsi si the media already working in lock step with the powers that be to kill Allard and further consolidate market using force under colour of law.. Wake the F up...

fatigues

Veteran
And all the ACMPR growers that will loose their med licenses based on "access" being met can thank idiots like this clown all over the front page giving them the images they need to propagandize the public that access is easily met. Clowns like this are the worst enemy to med users.

Relax. The ACMPR isn't going anywhere right now, nor is it likely to in the medium term. (Any old MMAR authorizations are another separate matter however)

I don't anticipate significant changes to the ACMPR in five years time. While the future is always changing, you can drive yourself batty freaking out about these issues. There are structural tax issues and further insurance issues for both Canada's military and RCMP alone which make the repeal of the ACMPR highly unlikely.

They could choose to meld the two together, (in some ways, they already have) but I don't anticipate big changes within 5 years' time.

In ten years+ time? All bets are off and I do expect changes to both the Cannabis Act and the ACMPR, which will be amendments that have proven necessary over a course of years as confirmed by the underlying commercial successes (and failures) and those areas highlighted by the courts and inter-provincial affairs.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
We have seen pictures of people growing these monsters but has anyone successfully harvested one without substantial budrot or pwm? Almost everyone else in Ontario with an outdoor grow was fighting this year . . .

tbd

St. Phatty

I would be tempted to trim some of the lower branches and put a table under there.

Make a nice sun shade, like a garden umbrella, but smells better :woohoo:

fatigues

Veteran
We have seen pictures of people growing these monsters but has anyone successfully harvested one without substantial budrot or pwm? Almost everyone else in Ontario with an outdoor grow was fighting this year . . .

tbd

I don't know. I was tempted to follow up with the grower of the plant I posted a picture of, but I don't know them and even after legalization, that's a pretty rude question to fire at somebody over the internet, out of the blue. I'd tell me to fuck off, that's for sure!

But yes, you are right, it's all sunshine and puppies until mid-September. And by the time October comes, matters are very different. October is a cold-hearted bitch.

Growing isn't harvesting.

growshopfrank

Veteran
FWIW the purpose of my post is that i thought that flaunting the new laws might not be the brightest of ideas.
Waving ones dick in the air seldom has good results usually the look at me dude just ends up tripping over their own junk.

fatigues

Veteran
FWIW the purpose of my post is that i thought that flaunting the new laws might not be the brightest of ideas.
Waving ones dick in the air seldom has good results usually the look at me dude just ends up tripping over their own junk.

You are not wrong.

At the same time, I'm not sure whether articles like this one harm or help, and if so, how much.

On the one hand, the picture and subtext is "this is WAY too much pot to allow someone to grow" -- without an explanation as to why that is. On the other hand, it does, however, make the point that you can grow 4 plants that size and that is legal to do so. It gets people prepared for a new normal - and that's not a bad thing, in and of itself.

The problem about 10-11 months from now is the story that goes along with this one, the one where the late 30s next-door soccer Mom is complaining about the smell of the neighbours pot plants and how her kids clothes she dries in her backyard clothes line "reek of pot", etc.. She called her [insert politician here] and they told her there was nothing that could be done, given the neighbourhood pothead's "rights" under the Cannabis Act. So she went to a lawyer and he said "a nuisance action against her neighbour could cost $80,000 or more".

"I just want to send my kids to school without reeking like pot." This stuff basically writes itself. So...yeah. I'm more worried about that stuff than photos of improbably large plants.

Provided Trudeau survives the election next Fall -- and we all survive the inevitable stories of kids inadvertently eating more candy/chocolate edibles when they are ultimately sold next year in the most adult form ever, (in the shape of Sir John A MacDonald and Winston Churchill or something), we'll get by all of this and it will just become the new normal. That's the end goal.

I kinda hope edibles are delayed until just after the next Federal election though. I'm dreading that FAR more than any home grow stinky backyard story. Edibles seem like a bomb-defusing game where the only winning move is not to play.