What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Amazing Disappearing $$$

Treevly

I sent cash to a company in Spain, tracked envelope. The envelope got there, but the cash did not. It could have been in this country, or in Spain, I don't know, of course. Apparently it was slick, done without damage. So much for Spain.

I thought later: why pay for a tracked envelope? It's probably like paining a hemp leaf on the envelope.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
title of your thread reminds me of this girl i dated. sorry bout your seed order you got clone's kicking around atleast or were you starting fresh

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That sucks man. Knock on wood, I've had really good luck with all my seed purchases. You can have some of mine. :huggg:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

cash has a certain 'feel' to it even in envelopes, best to disguise that profile somehow, using a bigger package might help... idk

Treevly

I should mention that I previously dealt with another Spanish company, and when I advised them that cash was involved, they gave me a German address to send it to, saying that "we have had a few envelopes go missing or get tampered with." The German address worked out OK.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

can you use those disposable VISA cards? It would need to be an international card, somebody/some place must have that service om a card of some sort.

I trusted my actual CC info to a seed shop (Growshop Alien) in the Netherlands a couple of times & never got burned; they shipped from Belgium, very discreet.

Treevly

I could use my debit card, or PayPal, but I am willing to go to some trouble to avoid doing so.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Years ago when I was buying seeds, my money always made it.

I did have 2 packages opened by customs and they kept the contents. The second spooked me and I stopped buying after that.

Still nervous about doing it today.

But with domestic suppliers now, my worries are far less. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet though. I have a bunch of seeds I need to go through from my seed buying spree 15 years ago.

rolandomota

Regular mail gets stolen more often. It's a downer man especially when your broke as fuck and make that sacrifice and all you do is hand cash to some thief sometimes I feel like sending fake money so they can possibly get busted using it or some powdered sugar or tell them off or fake letters so they get caught opening it or something.

Something that will increase the chance of your payment getting their is using A letter inside two others or three lol or glue a DVD case shut

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran

can you use those disposable VISA cards? It would need to be an international card, somebody/some place must have that service om a card of some sort.

I trusted my actual CC info to a seed shop (Growshop Alien) in the Netherlands a couple of times & never got burned; they shipped from Belgium, very discreet.

Also used my cc at GSA years ago no issues.

Their NLX is a strain I wish I still had.

I order from ACE (they are awesome FWIW) and soon Mr. Nice..... other than that too many choices here in the states these days.

soil margin

Veteran
Bummer. If I was gonna mail cash these days I'd probably throw it in a cd case first or something hard that conceals what you really got in there.

Treevly

Bummer. If I was gonna mail cash these days I'd probably throw it in a cd case first or something hard that conceals what you really got in there.

My only conclusion is not to send cash to an address in Spain, although Hipersemillas (Spain) have a German mailing address for cash payments, which has worked for me. The envelope robbed could have been opened two minutes after I posted it, or - more likely, I think - by the Spanish posties. It was mailed to a top-rated company, but they have no control over postal workers.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
CD/DVD cases have been used for years and get popped all the time. Put the money between the pages of a book or magazine.

Latest posts

Latest posts