What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uk gov deny treatment to a 6 year old.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
There is no problem when it comes for Ritalin to prescribe to 7 years old, but when it comes to Cannabis which can save a childslife it is a big NO from those government officials.Its a strange world we're living in.

Funny you mention that. When I was 7 they diagnosed me as having "ADHD" and put me on Ritalin. After about 2 weeks I lost my appetite and began waking up at night seeing flashes of light, a sign of an oncoming seizure. Luckily my family had the sense to take me off of that and to tell the doctor and school to get fucked. Ironic that kids are put on that but the thing that can stop seizures is banned?

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have a girl and my best friend who are epileptic. My bro's meds werent working. I gave him 220 micron dry sift because i wanted it to have plant matter in it mixed with honey. This was after a week of multiple bad seizures. As soon as he took a dose, i got a call 2 hours later saying he hadnt felt that good in years on his meds.(he got a mag lite to the head when we got into a bar fight one night.) That was 4 months ago and he has yet to have another seizure.

The woman went off her meds cold turkey becauase of side effects. I made her the same meds. That was a month ago. One small seizure in that time.

It is a shame children must suffer because of elites stupidity.

Spaventa

Veteran
If only there was a distribution network that could facilitate donation of cannabis product to the needy. Nurses and doctors sympathetic to the cause, stoners basically, could direct the flow of donations. Id contribute all my lower buds and trim happily if I knew it would go to some poor bugger it will help.

Wendull C.

Veteran
If only there was a distribution network that could facilitate donation of cannabis product to the needy. Nurses and doctors sympathetic to the cause, stoners basically, could direct the flow of donations. Id contribute all my lower buds and trim happily if I knew it would go to some poor bugger it will help.

That is what i am using. Trash to me since i quit making bho. I only use it to make hash for myself, but would rather give it away to those who need it. Not just put an eighth in my tea at night and watch movies when i cant sleep.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Meanwhile, just to show how hypocritical a government can be:

UK is world's largest producer of legal cannabis

A drug reform group slams the Government for "maintaining cannabis has no medical uses" while allowing its export abroad.

07:49, UK, Tuesday 06 March 2018

The UK was the world's largest producer and exporter of licit cannabis
The UK is the world's largest producer and exporter of legal cannabis for medical and scientific use, according to a new report from a UN body.

The UK produced 95 tonnes of legal cannabis in 2016, more than double the total of the previous year, reveals the UN's International Narcotics Control Board. This accounted for 44.9% of the world total.

The nearest competitor is Canada, with 80.7 tonnes.

Some 2.1 tonnes was exported from the UK, making it responsible for 67.7% of the world total, followed by the Netherlands (16.4%).

A drug policy reform lobby group has criticised the UK government, saying they have "consistently refused to allow medical cannabis in the UK on the basis that it has 'no therapeutic value'".

Steve Rolles, Transform's senior policy analyst said: "It is scandalous and untenable for the UK government to maintain that cannabis has no medical uses, at the same time as licensing the world's biggest government-approved medical cannabis production and export market.

"UK patients are either denied access and suffering unnecessarily, or are forced to buy cannabis from the criminal market.

"Countries with proper access to medical cannabis do not have this problem, as standardised cannabis products are in the hands of doctors and pharmacists."

A significant part of the UK's legal cannabis production goes towards a cannabis-based medicine called Sativex, produced by GW Pharmaceuticals.

It is available on prescription for patients such as those suffering the effects of multiple sclerosis, but it is only on the NHS in Wales.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thank you darksider, hopefully there will be progress sooner rather than later.
Here is the story from the link for anyone who doesn’t like clicking....

Alfie Dingley must now wait another 4 months for a decision from the Home Office

24/04/2018
Alfie Dingley Sir Patrick Stewart
Back in March, we reported on Alfie Dingley, a 6-year-old boy with a rare form of epilepsy who is in urgent need of medical cannabis.

Recap: Hannah Deacon, Alfie’s mother made headlines earlier this year when her campaigning and the national coverage of her story helped result in a statement from the Home Office saying it would grant Alfie a 3-month trial for his cannabis-based medicine.

The medication Alfie currently uses is made by Bedrocan – it’s a whole plant CBD oil (10%) called Bedrolite. Alfie has a supply of this. As it has no THC in it it is legal.

Alfie’s parents are fighting for access to Bedica oil which is the 2% THC oil he was on in while Holland which he doesn’t have access to in the UK due to its illegality.

The Alfie’s Hope campaign page on Facebook helped build momentum culminating in handing a petition to Downing Street in March 2018.

Sir Patrick Stewart also gave his support to the campaign, calling for medicinal cannabis to be given to Alfie.

Sir Patrick has been treating his arthritis with medical cannabis while living in California. He said:

“How could one not support Alfie? Hearing what his life has been and the benefits given to him by being able to use medicinal marijuana.

“There has never been a stronger case for the legalisation of medical marijuana.

“I have been registered for medical marijuana in California for over three years and have found it immensely beneficial for my arthritis.”

Reported in The Evening Standard.

Update

Over week after licence application submittal, in what seems like a step backwards, Hannah Deacon has now been told she must wait up to 4 months for a decision on whether Alfie will indeed get his medical cannabis license.

Due to its groundbreaking nature, the application process has already taken a lot of time and work to complete correctly. Now the additional waiting period would mean that Hannah could be waiting for a decision (which is not assured) until the end of August.

This slow pace is simply not acceptable when it comes to Alfie’s case – he needs to access this medicine in the UK. He has doctors in The Netherlands who have prescribed it to him and it could be saving his life due to the severe nature of the seizures he suffers from.

Understandably people are outraged
So in recent days, Hannah Deacon has called for Theresa May to intervene and get Alfie the licence he needs.

And due to the excellent momentum, Hannah has achieved May has already been asked about Alfie’s case, live on radio. She responded, as expected, terribly.

When asked by planetradio.co.uk about Alfie’s license, the Prime Minister responded that “tests on medical cannabis must be done first.” what does that even mean? Alfie’s mum already knows the form and dose of medicinal cannabis that Alfie needs and is simply fighting for access to it.

She did say it was a priority though…

We hope to see this resolved more quickly than 4 months, and can’t imagine the stress and worry Alfie’s parents must be going through, all for him to be able to access medicine which could save his life.

It must be even more infuriating for them to see our own Government tailing behind as more and more countries legalise cannabis for medical purposes due to its safety and efficacy in treating so many conditions.

What do you think of the Home Office’s decision (or lack thereof)? Tweet us your comments @ismokemedia

Like Alfie’s Hope on Facebook here

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Planet is run by evil. For profit prisons, for profit education, for profit healthcare. My heart goes out to Alfie. I don't pray, but this rip is for you little guy.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When a society denies a child an effective medicine due to the protectionism of corporate interests.

Then not only does the child remain sick....society itself is sick too, and needs an urgent remedy.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice one ds, lovely to see how dramatically the oil is working...
all who still believe cannabis has no medical use should read this, then eat their words.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see the lad is more of a kid & less of an experiment these days.

It took an epileptic child of a Senator in Utah to change that states mind on cannabis use.
Unfortunately it’s ONLY available for epileptic patients at this time.

Latest posts

Latest posts