What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MK III Terpenator Bidirectional Flooding

Terpp

We had a client request a MK III Terpenator with bidirectional flooding support.

When I went to the drawing board I wanted this bidirectional design to use as little hoses and valves as possible.

In the end we only needed to add the following:
(1) 1/4" WOG valve
(1) 24" 1/4" PTFE hose w/ 1/4" female swivel ends
(2) 1/4" 3-Way Tees
(2) 1/4" Flare x 1/4" NPT Stainless fitting.
(3) 1/4" Close

I also had to flip the valve upside down and turn the handle around to make room.

Client has been using it now for a few weeks with no problems.

I wanted to share this design with anyone that is thinking about building something like this for their MK III. Please let let me know if I can answer any questions.

Attachments

• Bi-Directional.jpg
    Bi-Directional.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 12

icdog

It offers further flexibility to the system. A top down flush can help clear the column after the column dump.

Terpp

It offers further flexibility to the system. A top down flush can help clear the column after the column dump.

Bingo!

Plus I know there are some people that want to do a top down run to keep from washing through excess fats. From the long soaks.

CaptSavage

This is perfect I was trying to figure out n easy way to flush my column after dumping. Thank you so much for sharing..much respect.

JColtrane

props on the build dude .... I put a top down flood on my mkIII after seeing GW's design on the MKIV. Gotta have all the tools on your belt :) Yup, stock is rising Terpp

flatslabs

After you dump your column, which would be Valve 2, 3 and 5 open (Liquid, Dump, and Recovery):

*) Close Valve 2 (Liquid)
*) Open Valve 6 (New Valve)

Solvent travels in as normally through the input line, but the input valve 4 is closed so the solvent goes down the new line, through open Valve 6, Up the liquid line and showered down the column.

PS: Probably forgot to mention the obvious, but I recover to -10 after dumping the column before doing the top shower, just like you were injecting normally.

Last edited: