What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Clear" Solventless hash from harborside

FatherEarth

Veteran
I wonder what this solvent-less extraction consists of? To be technical about it even water is a solvent...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
People were saying here earlier that it's a butane extraction that's fully purged. "Solventless" means there's no detectable level of butane in the oil.

I might try it at some point. There are so many quality extracts around here. I wish I had time to try them all.

theJointedOne

Veteran
wow, 60$ a gram for the clear... thats crazy..

yea i think its co2

U should check out the prices for shatter and bho at this club in hopland, ca. Its crazy, iv seen grams for 100 lol.

60$ for 80%thc thats solventless and can go into a nice vape pen is kind of worth it to me, kind of...lol.

FatherEarth

Veteran
yea i think its co2

U should check out the prices for shatter and bho at this club in hopland, ca. Its crazy, iv seen grams for 100 lol.

60$ for 80%thc thats solventless and can go into a nice vape pen is kind of worth it to me, kind of...lol.

well bro sounds like we need to link up and Ill let you have your way with my menu... It says
In the nearly seven years since Harborside opened, we’ve seen hundreds of cannabis preparations. Our HBC wax was the last unique concentrate developed—until now. Discovered by our purchasing team at Hempcon in San Jose, The Clear is a remarkable addition to our growing roster of solvent-free concentrates.
Discovered as if its some new extraction method or something.. at least thats what it made me think...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Madison Avenue verbiage, to sell a product.

A purdy product, obviously not shatter.

The chromatography samples that we ran, look about that color, so may be part of their process.

Attachments

• Scrubbed.jpg
    Scrubbed.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Pffft.

CO2 is a solvent. This is obviously just some marketing hogwash because the only type of hash that can be accurately called solventless is the hand-rubbed kind, or the sieved kind. That is it!

M

mda232

i've had it before, my friend is hooked on it even after i've told him that it's just overpriced bho lol. all strains basically taste the same, kind of reminds me of pure gold but NOT anywhere near as potent.

GentlemansBrand

I'm biased because I know how it's made. Amusingly, when the technique has been mentioned in the past the people proposing it have been run out of here by know-it-alls(who know very little). I know this post isn't helpful but hopefully it can serve as a reminder to be open to new ideas and not reflexively dismissive. Wild speculation isn't helpful either and only adds mud to the pool of knowledge.

The techniques are not new and have been published in the literature.

GW, if you would keep my confidence I would be open to discussing it in private with you. Its a scientific, and above all, safe approach to making concentrate. Unfortunately, the investment involved in terms of time, skill, and money puts it strictly in the domain of professionals.

For those who are upset I'm not sharing I apologize but I don't want to get involved as my state is not friendly to the cause.

Madison Avenue verbiage, to sell a product.

A purdy product, obviously not shatter.

The chromatography samples that we ran, look about that color, so may be part of their process.

The real desired color is red. Yellow is high cbd, or a flavanoid extraction. Red oil is more complete combination of flavanoids, terpinoids, and cannabinoids. So in an extract that is pale yellow isn't the psycoactive properties and is no soley the desired compound of interest we want from marijuana.