What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys and gals :tiphat:, for those of you who have been following my previous grow diary, this will all look rather familiar - but ive decided to try an LED lamp in there again as a replacement for my 250w HPS.
Having done a few grows in my micro cab with an LED of the same spectrum as this one, i have found the quality to be a bit better and the flowering to be a bit quicker than HPS.
The new lamp is an HGL 126X2-pro (with 3w LED's) and uses 187 watts from the wall, which is a considerable power saving over the 250 HPS which actually uses over 300 watts
I used an LED of similar wattage in here a year or two ago and although the grams per watt were good, the overall yield from the cab was better with the hps. what i am hoping for this time is to get a total yield that is comparable to the HPS - hopefully LED tech has improved enough for that to be possible. We will see.
some pics
here are the vent holes in the base of the cab - there are actually a few more holes down each side now. i pack this cab very full of buds and this hollow floor vent system seems to handle it with a 4" temp controlled fan keeping the environment stable
picture.php

her is a tray with a waterproof pipe in the middle to let the air through the central vent hole
picture.php

here are the new plants - as you can see ive gone back to regular pots as the smart pots didnt seem to increase yields and were a bit of a wind-up to water as it tends to p1ss out the side holes. also the old pots were slightly shorter and i need as much height as i can gain because i need to keep the lamp at least a foot from the plants.
picture.php

picture.php

the plants were potted up today in my organic soil mix (slightly teaked - more about that later) and with a bark mulch
the line up -
back left quarter - Shark1
back right quarter - C4D no4 pheno
front left quarter - MMG
front right quarter - Chem D
am planning to flip them to 12/12 and fit the modular screens on friday. you can see the legs for one screen are already in place

fingers crossed for a good grow... hopefully there are a few scrogging tricks that i have yet to share with you all ;)
VG

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
SNAP !!!
FRONT ROW!!!
lookin good too VG, itll be nice tag along on another of your LED grows

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
in on the front row too... :lurk: :joint:

so you tested the 187 from the wall on that unit?

would love to update my threads with that info...

nugbuckets

hey VG,
similar to my grow with modular scrog......plants about the same size too....will be watching....check mine out in sig....peace, nugs

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nameless, rusty - welcome! :tiphat:

GP73LPC - great to have you along - ive got a pic of the power consumption that i'll post in your thread ;)

nugbuckets - sounds cool i'll check out your grow

Duplicate - its a pretty tough test for an LED to match up to what i yield in this cab with my 250 hps (about 10 oz last run) - i'll be very happy if i can get close to those yields with a lamp that saves me 40% or so on power consumption :)

mitch - thanks dude :dance013:

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
duplicate - having used both HID and LED extensively, im already pretty certain that you will get more grams per watt from LED than you will from HID... but of course LED;s are more expensive to buy in the first place. rest assured i will give my results in gpw as well as gross yield.

Lumiere - welcome!

----

right lets have a closer look at these plants... these all went into flower today
one of rez's C4D (herb's #4 pheno)
picture.php

a Chem D (cut) showing it's classic leaf marbling thing.
picture.php

a shark1 cut with screen already fitted
picture.php

side view showing screen attached to pot (a small screw goes up through the lip of the pot into the wooden leg) the rim of the pot is cut off in places to allow me to fit 4 of them into the cab. i believe in using pots as big as possible :D
picture.php

and an mmg - a little on the small side but this is a stretcher and i need to keep the plants a bit shorter than they normally end up ;)
picture.php

and here they all are, screens fitted, fitted snugly into the cab
picture.php

cheers - we're off!

VG

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks for the update VG... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VerdantGreen again.

keeping the screens attached to the medium is the best way to scrog imho. it allows for movement of the whole plant, making it easier to scrog, especially when in a cabinet... ;)

EDIT: also easier for pics :D

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rockin' it VG :wave: always a thumbs up from me

surprised the LED penetrates that deep

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
As the french would say, it's time to lick some windows! Faire du leche vitrine = window shopping, but it's literally translated as "to do the window licking".

Anyway, pulling up a chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.