What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestion for New Forum

G

I think a Basic/Beginner's forum would be a good Idea.
I have also noticed the same about newbie threads getting buried by other threads.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Great idea. There should be a section just for the newbs that ask the same question time after time until they get the answer they were looking for.

1. Vegging plants should be given this proper amount of light per day.
a. 24 hours on, 0 hours off.
b. 20 hours on, 4 hours off.
c. 18 hours on, 6 hours off.
d. Anything you like, you hermie loving turd.

G

That sounds like a great idea Indigo.Verite :laughing: you are too funny! You hermie loving turd Hehe!!

G

Indigo - The answer to your second question that will be ignored is .... Forever. Still no Official Response eh? They must be getting stoned in the Break Room again.

G

Grow Diaries, Too?

Grow Diaries, Too?

I think another good idea would be to make forums specifically for grow diaries (general ones, not the test grow ones). Right now they are scattered around mixed in with help threads in hydro, dirt, outdoor, organic hydro, and even the garden design forum.

What I wonder is whether it would be more sensible to categorize grows based on style of growing (dirt, hydro, organic, outside) or on type of plant being grown (indica, sativa, mixed). I lean toward the traditional style of growing categories, but the other has a certain appeal.

What do you think?

G

i'm new to IC and also to growing mj (but not to gardening) so i deff support this motion. i'll be back around soon as ya'll get it going to ask ya which way to plant the seed, lol..... :)

how about creating a micro/fluoro grow forums.. to me the micro growing world is in a whole other category than your regular 1k+ growrooms, and a lot of people may not have been properly introduced to stealthy and extremely cheap grows

guineapig

Veteran
I would love to help out too Indigo......thanks for the strong leadership!!!

Although I help out with the "Introduce Yourself" threads a lot,
I also feel comfortable helping compile resources for new growers.....
I have put out around 20 or so threads in the "Growers Forum"
and compile reports of new products for the "Growroom Technology" section
and put together some medical Cannabis resources in "Dr. Jay's Forum"
but you are right that they always seem to get buried and soon they vanish.....

You know, I have always dreamed of a "Sensi Science" thread which
functions as a library of scientific abstracts, journal articles and technical information
but that is just a dream and I am 100% behind Indigo's suggestions....

So count me in!!!!

-gp out

G

:wave: Great idea in theory. While expanded categories may not be feasible I really think the Help forum with Design, Soil, Hydro would be a huge step in relieving the load on the grow forums. Bottom line is policing and keeping the non-related posts in the correct threads, a huge underrtaking in its' own right.

Consider this period our labor pains - hopefully we can give birth to a first class site without losing our original daters. Damn, IC shoulda worn a condom. :pointlaug

Latest posts

Latest posts