What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ontario strain sharing program?

yahooman

i was thinking today about my upcoming season and i had a thought of a possible ontario strain sharing group.a group where we share some of our harvests with fellow ontario growers to sample different strains...i know i will be growing 9 different strains this year and will also be taking clones from everything and keeping the best plants for next season....clone sharing would be hella cool as well!it would be nice to have a bunch of us all having different strains that we could share and grow every year...would anyone be into that?

this year im growing jagersnizel x dosidos(3 phenos),jagersnizel x forum cookies(4 phenos),jagersnizel x purple punch(3 phenos) all these are strains from bradley danks seeds that im testing

escd x gg#2(1 pheno,i autod so i tossed,but the other pheno is super impressive in veg,,,and smells like diesel),fire og x c99a(2 phenos)Lemon OG x Gorilla Haze(1 pheno...one autoflowered so i tossed)OG Kush X Fire99 Auto(4 phenos)...these are all from real gorilla seeds

i also have 42 chem91 skva bx4 f2s in veg,just a side project to find a nice skva leaner female and make more seeds.i grew out the original pack of these seeds and it was the best weed ive ever grown,almost too potent....so im going pheno hunting

also sprouting some hashplant freebies i got with my chem91 seeds,i figure they must be good,if the chems were so great....and some ultra early love x cheese seeds as well

so,anybody wanna talk about our outdoor plans and the possibilities of a sharing group?

yahooman

i hardened mhy plants off and they have been outside for a week.i put them in the garage in the heavy rain and on cold nights,i also have supplemental lighting to match june 1st sunrise/sunset times...

just did my second run tilling the garden yesterday...2 more to go,then a final till to mix in the sheep manure

Attachments

• 20190513_163055.jpg
    20190513_163055.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190513_163113.jpg
    20190513_163113.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 35

troutman

Seed Whore
I find putting plants in the shade for a week helps them harden.

Under pine trees is a a good spot to do this I find.

yahooman

its from a breeder called elite kings genetics,but i got them from firestax us when it was still active

Somatek

There's local groups popping up all over Ontario doing this already. One in TO that's been meeting monthly since last Oct, I organise a local one in the Guelph/KW area, someone's organising one in Wasaga Beach next sunday, there's one in London sometime soon as well and talk of one up in Ottawa. It's fun meeting up with other growers, sharing buds/clones/seeds and many bowls/dabs.

Unless you meant strictly sharing through the mail, not meeting in person.

mctasty

There's local groups popping up all over Ontario doing this already. One in TO that's been meeting monthly since last Oct, I organise a local one in the Guelph/KW area, someone's organising one in Wasaga Beach next sunday, there's one in London sometime soon as well and talk of one up in Ottawa. It's fun meeting up with other growers, sharing buds/clones/seeds and many bowls/dabs.

Unless you meant strictly sharing through the mail, not meeting in person.

Sounds cool.....

Thesearch

Nugswap

Nugswap

Nugswap in toronto at vapor central dec 28th 5-8 pm according to one of the reddit nugswap posts!
https://www.reddit.com/r/nugswap/comments/e4jiua/nugswap_toronto_december_28_58pm_vapor_central/

Somatek

The early TO swaps were fun but the lack of moderation around people selling openly on open platforms and the number of people trading mite/PM infested clones/cuttings turned me off. Then a buddy sent me this link today to a discussion about how people should be grateful and not complain if the cuts shared with them are infested, seems like a swinger party of strangers without protection and where no one is getting tested. There are lots of good people in the group, lots of shitty ones as well, so protect yourself if using them as no one else will.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Hey Somatek I'm not in Canada but that scene description sounds fairly accurate for gray market clones in California.

The elite strains are cool to have, and I don't mind passing over the occasional joint or dealing with a cold/flu virus because I went to a crowded party..

but what is really to gain? Compared to ordering seeds here on Seedbay for example? In truth you'll get to see a busy party and you'll get your gelato or glue clones. Cannabis seeds also give guaranteed results however, with more vigor and no swinger party vibes :) I'm trying to reason here and sound neutral, the nug swap is all good in and of itself, social events are cool for many reasons, but actually for the cannabis itself, ah you're likely to find way more selection of cooler genetics on Real Gorilla Seeds. There are literally more than enough seeds to become your own Bodhi or Nevil available online, in that regard whether you want to pursue glue or cookies clones or have them in your collection is up to you.

Somatek

When you get new clones you should quarantine and treat anyways

Of course you should, equally the goal should be sharing pest free clones instead of accepting that clones will have mites, thrips and PM on them. Community standards are set by those particioating, the standard nugswap has set is very low and benefits people looking to make a quick buck more then passionate home growers. At the very least you should be honest about the issues instead of playing it off as irrelevant. When I was dealing with PM last summer and started sharing clones again I was clear with the problems I had, that seems like the bare minimum we should aim for when sharing genes in my opinion instead of pretending like it doesn't matter.

Somatek

but what is really to gain? Compared to ordering seeds here on Seedbay for example?

Quality and consistency mostly, growing seeds is great fun but it takes a lot of seeds to find a plant that would be considered "elite". I love seeds and looking for new moms but also have no illusions about how variable the gene pool is, how subpar a lot of it is and is more marketing then substance. Which is why sharing good clones is wonderful in the right circumstances when dealing with solid people. I still participate and share clones often, occassionally getting some in return, as I strongly believe quality plants should be shared freely. I assume that eventually it'll be like any other plant, with gardeners sharing their favourites out of passion and love, not driven by ego or money.

Latest posts

Latest posts