What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

H

Hal

Munkie...

Healthy lookin girls dude! Have you checked the trichomes yet to see how they are ripening? Them girls got bushy! That would be some good info to put into your strain report when you get around to it.

Note that I have put in a "Strain Report" form in one of the initial posts that you can use by copying and pasting into your reports post to serve as a guide.

We're gonna get this thread rollin, I can tell.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
H

Hal

OK...

Folks who are following the old thread, please start posting in this one.

Thanks.

H

Hal

Thanks HighOnTheChronic...

Preciate the visit. Stop back and pull up a chair occasionally!

Lofty

he opens the door dramatically, stands with a proud stature and says "hey guys i'm here"

glad to b on te new thread and buzzin coz i've just booked the flights to the 420 :woohoo:

i'll read yr post later Hal, going for som icey bong now :woohoo:

H

Hal

the dirty dozen cousins

they be buzzin

lol...hah!

Lofty..

You're going to the 420 cup? Nice!

Last edited:

dope_roor

Haggis123 said:
No Prob's Hal.

Here it is.. :joint:

P.S
Just to add, if you see a bit of bud missing from the right hand side of the plant approx half way up....that's where I just couldn't help myself and had to have a little sample.
I know it shouldn't be done, but when you ain't got a smoke....temptation often sets in.

thats a great cola u got there. any idea on the weight? what kind of light are you using? seeing one huge fat nug like that makes me wanna do a SOG grow

Last edited:

Lofty

wen i get back i'll highjack this thread for 1 post only to let all the 12/12 growing crue know how it was. the only down side to going is i'm guna hav to let my mate look after my first 12/12 grow while i'm away :chin:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
QUESTION:

Soon I'll be looking for some mom plants to keep. I want to be able to sex the plants ASAP from seed. Should I 12/12 the plants, sex them and then revert to 18/6; or would it be better to veg from seed at 18/6 and then 12/12 at 3/4 weeks to sex?

Is there any risk in using 12/12 to sex and then reverting to a vegetative light cycle?

Last edited:

Lofty

Hal seeing that we're trying to compile a list of strains to determine the best types for specific spaces, well wen i go to the 420 :woohoo: i'm guna get beans.

i've not made any plans on wat yet, i wud like to suggest we put it to the vote for the 12/12 thread to determine wat i get (prob 3-4 strains).

if this is ok we cud make it a pole and wich ever to 3 strains u all vote on to try i'll get and then report on them wen i've done.

if this is going to happen i'll post the measurements of my growing area and liting plans, this will giv the voters a mor informed opinion of wat to suggest.

i'll try any strains

wat do u think?

Cannabis in nature close to the equator also starts with about 12 ours of light ,12 ours of darkness. In that area you won't ever have more than about 14 ours of light a day.
This is were we find the large Sativa strains who do thier thing without vegative time,without potency being affected.

There are a lot of factors who have influence on how tall your plants will grow . a certain strain won't garantee you a specific hight , the strain provides just an indication of the plant hight you can expect . There is a lot that can be done to keep plants short without cutting or bending them ,for example by using the 12 /12 method

Last edited:

Haggis123

dope_roor said:
thats a great cola u got there. any idea on the weight? what kind of light are you using? seeing one huge fat nug like that makes me wanna do a SOG grow

Thanks for the comp's, dude. :joint:

No idea on the weight at the mo', will have to wait on the chop....in approx 18 days....if all is well.
Lighting.....I use a 400w HPS.

Haggis123

atmosphere said:
Cannabis in nature close to the equator also starts with about 12 ours of light ,12 ours of darkness. In that area you won't ever have more than about 14 ours of light a day.
This is were we find the large Sativa strains who do thier thing without vegative time,without potency being affected.

There are a lot of factors who have influence on how tall your plants will grow . a certain strain won't garantee you a specific hight , the strain provides just an indication of the plant hight you can expect . There is a lot that can be done to keep plants short without cutting or bending them ,for example by using the 12 /12 method

Atmosphere, that is one "mother" of a kola....in that first pic....top bloke.

Okay, I lurked long enough...this thread and 'the organic fanatic' thread have caused me to finally register. I plan on testing every strain I have using this method, and I have several dozen. I lean towards sativas but I grow everything that finds it's way here. I still haven't upgraded my cam but I have some K2 x White willow born in flower, and a few sats that were vegged for 2 weeks. I plan on hunting down the infamous Manal (Vietnamese) and attempting to tame this beast indoor using the 12/12 method, but for now I have some SE sativa hybrids that I expect will do very well.

Incidentally, my flower room is actually 11 hours on and 13 off.

Nice work Hal bringing this method to light, and thank you Atmosphere1 for coming over, I hope to see more of your work here.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
highonthechroni said:
QUESTION:

Soon I'll be looking for some mom plants to keep. I want to be able to sex the plants ASAP from seed. Should I 12/12 the plants, sex them and then revert to 18/6; or would it be better to veg from seed at 18/6 and then 12/12 at 3/4 weeks to sex?

Is there any risk in using 12/12 to sex and then reverting to a vegetative light cycle?

Ya, I just posted on this earlier in this thread.... I do it to get some seeds really quick then kill the males, and revert the girls right after they show they've been pollinated..... peace....