What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
Taskentis keep growing.

These are the ones I made during this year, crossing my selected clone with several 2005 and 2012 males. I have a lot, they sprout very well and grow properly. I plan to select males and females.

These are some older Taskenti Seeds. I made them in 2012 or 2013 using the two females and one male from an old Taskenti packet (2008 probably). My selected clone is one of these females, they were very good. I've planted a lot because I don't want them to get too old. I plan to select males and females as well.

And this is a view of the growing tent.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I tried to use seedbay some months ago but it is disabled. I don't know about the new seedbay. Does it work?

Limeygreen

Veteran
They are planning for a new one, real gorilla seeds is selling seed boutique things etc. They said in that forum a new seedbay is being planned. Panikz might able to get things sorted if you're still willing.

Carraxe

Veteran
The little Taskentis grow quite fast 24/7 under COBs

And these are a million Taskenti sprouting. I made the seeds in 2013 with original 2008(?) CBG seeds. Last year I planted some and had pretty bad germ rates, so I planted a handful and well, I got too many. Anyway I plan to select between them, these were one of the best Taskenti generations.

As you see, I'll have a lot of Taskenti growing in the next months. I'll join the experience here.

Cheers

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice man, surprising to see such good germination this time.

I think the original batch was from around 2006-2008 indeed... cool to see you are still messing with the Taskentis.

You definitely gave a good life to those few seeds left, so I hope you'll find what you are looking for!

Best.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
thanks to mustafunk i also have a batch in my fridge from those f2 :)

thanks for that reminder :)

Carraxe

Veteran
thanks to mustafunk i also have a batch in my fridge from those f2 :)

thanks for that reminder :)

Why don't you plant them? I made them about 5/6 years ago and they've been in the fridge since, but it is time enough if you want to test the Taskentis.

therevverend

Veteran
I've always wanted this line. Just couldn't pull the trigger on it because it could be a bit late outdoors at my latitude. Now I'm wishing I had...

Carraxe

Veteran
I've always wanted this line. Just couldn't pull the trigger on it because it could be a bit late outdoors at my latitude. Now I'm wishing I had...

I'm having a look at your thread about hashplants. I think your opinion on this strain would be nice, since you are so much into hashplants and can make comparisons.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
The girls today. The Taskentis made with the selected clone and 2005-2012 males are fast and they've conquered most of the growing tent. They are about fifty, so if I have to cull about the half of the plants (males) they are a good amount to be flowering in my flowering tent, 120x120 cm. If they keep growing at this rate, maybe I can flower them in just a couple of weeks, that would be nice. They were put in soil less than 5 weeks ago. Let's see.

These are the old seeds made in 2013 with 2006-2008 CBG seeds. About a hundred sprouted, I don't know how I'm going to manage all these plants. I'll have to start discarding plants as soon as possible. They are under the window but in a couple of weeks I'll have to find a way to light them properly, I'll probably use fluorescent tubes or low power LEDs for the first stages.

Sorry for the last picture. Cheers

G

Beautiful plants and a great strain for sure, I have some maple leaf x deep chunk and then again x with tom hill x18 that would benefit from some taskent pollen :biggrin:

Carraxe

Veteran
There they are, they've conquered most of the growing tent by now. They are growing roots in 1l coco pots.

I've taken some plants out of the tent for a better look. They look quite well, showing dark green leaves, short internodes and good branching. That's nice because I've found some Indicas that are very columnar and they are problematic for propagation.

The plants in the bottom are the result of crossing a Taskenti male and a SAD I selected last year. They were outdoors and started flowering too early, I had to reveg them. That's why there is such a crazy branching. I'll have to wait a week or two before flowering them, but I expect some nice hard hashy bud. Closer look:

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just moved the 8 SAD-Taskenti females to the flowering tent. I have to find a name for this cross, this name is too long. Some ideas? I expect to get nice strong indica plants from them, that cross shares the best both from Afghani and Uzbek hashplants. Probably what a kush should be if the market wouldn't kidnap the word.

Let's see what we get out of them.

The two taller plants in the picture are SSSDH. My god, these sativas grow tall fast. it is a pity she is so prone to mould.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Well, the babies have definitely conquered the tent. They are a lot, 54, but I expect to gather a couple dozens of females after culling males, and that's a good amount to flower in that same tent, one square meter.

I've burnt some leaves and there are a couple of little ones, but the general look is very good.

There is a some diversity, but not much. All of them are squat and dense, and the branching looks good. Dark colour and strong smell in the stems and leaves. They measure under 20 cm of height, and most have 5 or six nodes.

I just checked the dates: I put them on soil exactly 6 weeks ago. They go quite fast, so maybe in a couple of weeks I can put them to flower. Or just start sexing males.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Everything goes fine. I've taken a couple out of the garden to take some pictures. The branching is very good, but I've started topping the tallest ones.

These strange pictures taken from under the plants allows to see the branching.

At that speed, in one or two weeks I'll repot in 3l pots and I'll put them to flower. They were put in soil 8 weeks ago.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
HI

I've put all the plants in 3l pots. I've found pure indicas to need much more space for the roots than sativas, regarding the size of the plants. So in a week or two, when I put them into flower, most of the coco will be colonized by the roots and the flower will go much better than if I wait to repot just before flowering.

I've also isolated 10 males. But I didn't cull them yet, they are under a window. Taskenti is a strain that really likes to trick you. Some times there are sprouts in the nodes that look like male preflowers but are in fact branches developing. I've had problems in the past with them.

I'll upload pictures in a couple of days.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Yesterday I washed the plants with a little potassic soap and neem. Now they look bright and clean, and although they are a pure Indica strain, they grow fast. They are about 30 cm tall and were put in coco 8 weeks ago.

I'll put them to flower as soon as they reach 40 cm. I think it is an adequate height for this amount of plants, expecting about 20 females. Now that many are topped, they'll start filling the gaps. I really want to flower them and get rid of the males.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts