What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holy grail kush 150w mh/hps

Bio_Kio

Hi there!!!
it's the first time for me in this section..
I am actually running for the first time dna genetics gear,
And this is my fourth grow with the following set up:

mammoth lite box 60x60x160cm
150W mh/hps bulbs
245m3/h exaust fan
Little pc fan as air intake
Humidifier/dehumidifier
Actually I am using a cooltube but I will probably switch it with a modified reflector that I made octagonal(thanks diy link o rama)

The strain is holy grail kush and I am running 4 plants that will have 11lt pots that perfectly fit the box..
Babies just born today, so they are at day 0 today,
100%Germination in about 60hours,all good so far...
That s all for the moment,pics will follow in a couple of days...
:tiphat:

Bio_Kio

Hi there here I am with a shot of the lil ladies,horrible quality but I was in a hurry...
Day2

temps are 22°C min 27°Cmax
RH is 65%min 83%max

I am planning to lst em and I will probably get cuttings From all the ladies to see at the end if any will turn out worth of keeping(first time.for me with this thing)
ok that's atm...

Bio_Kio

Hi guys,yesterday has been the 8th day since sprout,evrething still stable,they r not so fast but not even that slow..
They had water for the second time,about 200ml spread to all the bebies with 2ml/lt root-c ph 6,4...

I think thay will go straight in 11lt pot in 3/4 days...
I can t get if they would like more light or the brand new mh bulb is not that good(cultilte)
They r kind of stretching too much,compared to my previous grows...
Anyway that s all at the moment...
Keep in touch for the repot session

kanzzzz

Looking good mate.
Wouldn't change a thing, everything seams to be comeing along quite nicely . Hell they seam to be doing good for only a few days.

All I would say is keep an eye on them , make sure it dosnt get to warm/dry for them since they are so young.
Yeah I would recomend taking a few cutting of each plant and labeling them , just incase you find a keeper .

Keep us posted threw there cycle :)

Bio_Kio

Thanks mate!
Yep enviroment should be good,atm the thermoigrometer is in a jar with the harvest of previous grow,but I ve checked the room some days ago and everything was allright,external temps are not changed,so think is still allright...
Yes I think i will take cuttings,first 'cause it will be a step forward for me,as I have never done it,and second because from what I have read, good stuff has been found between theese seed...
Thanks for stopping by

kanzzzz

Not a problem mate .

Yeah , once there a bit bigger , take a couple of cuttings off each one. Cuttings is kinda a numbers game imo, always take more than you will need.

However its my preffered method of doing things. Even just a small place to house a mum and incubate cuttings, maybe even a little veg can make such a diffrence on the timescale of your crops.

That was my biggest problem for years , I used to not focus enough on veg , would have a top quality flower room , but no veg/mother room or a very poor veg/mother room.

In a perfect world imo your veg/mother should be just about on par wattage wise to your flower or atleast half(depending on your situation ofc), for propper cycles / growth .
Within reason ofc , work you way up with the lighting , wouldnt put seedling under a 1000w hps lol.

Keep it up mate :tiphat:

Bio_Kio

Hello fellas!!!
here we are,16th days for the babies,everithing looks quite fine,unless the fact that I was planning to do a short veg (kinda 25/max 30days)but looking at the babies I think they will need around 40days to be flipped in bloom as big as I like...
Anyway pics follow

this is the one that is a bit faster,but nothing that far from the others,just a bit faster...
I think that the next time they will get just ph'ed water,then I'll probably start with grow feed...
See ya at the next up :tiphat:

Bio_Kio

Good morning!!!
we 've rached 20th day of life,nothing to be proud of so far,quite average growing,nodes too far for what I was expecting,yesterday I 've started training them...watered with plain water ph6,4 half a liter each...
Here s the pics(sorry for the quality,my phone sucks)
From top before lst

nodes space

in grow after lst

hope they ll start branching off 'cause i,would like to get 2cuttings each plant and then have good.bushes inna di grow :biggrin:
Ok thats it...if anyone has tips or question here I am...

Bio_Kio

Hi guys,sorry for hav'nt being so active on this,but time what it is..
Anyway,today is the 30th day of veg,in the last week the babies have been a bit faster,and they r branching better..

today I ve fed them with 2ml/lt micro advanced nutrient+1ml/lt ata bloom c..ph 6,6
I think I will switch in about 5 days,I wanted bigger plants to switch,but they r vegging too slow..
About the cuts I ll probably just try to root the branch that will not reach the others after the switch...

Hope i dont curse u but i got me a pack of tbem beans and all hermed. But i hope they dont cause i wanna see maybe ill get another pack

Bio_Kio

Switch day!!!

Switch day!!!

Hello guys!
@greenman :hope it's gonna be all right,thanks anyway,I will check constantly for that...
Ok guys,yesterday was day37 the plants got 1/2lt of plain water after 7days without showers,still were not too thirsty,just really easy to bend over : )
I have removed the cooltube and swapped with my octagonal diy reflector and also swapped the mh bulb with the hps one...
Today I will switch the light cicle to 13/11...
anyway this was the situation yesterday before all the fixing that I have made

and this just after fixing

the space looks pretty well filled imho...
Let's see what ll happen after the switch

Bio_Kio

5 daus from switch

5 daus from switch

Hi there!
Yesterday was day 5 from switch,things are going well in my opinion,yesterday I have fed them with 2ml/lt micro+2ml/lt bloom c ph 6,6 always 1/2 lt each...
I started doin some lollipopping,a light one for the moment,I will try to leave all the leaves on if I can....

that s all for today

Bio_Kio

16 Days from switch

16 Days from switch

Hello,here we are at 16days from the switch...

I started with some new fert,wich are advenced nutirent,
Grow,micro,bloom ph perfect +big bud..
Today I have tried it for the first time
1Ml/lt grow+2ml/lt micro+2ml/lt bloom..
Let s see how they go...
Byee :tiphat:

Bio_Kio

Hello fellas,thanks for stopping by,
Budgrower4life that was the first,and probably the only feeding that included grow fert...
Herbngore thanks,i try to my best with the time I have to spend on 'em,I am curios too,I have read some good revievs on this strain, also if they were not that much..
Let s see what I ll get...

I have done holy grail kush before she didn't yield for me.but was a very nice smoke
And was the best smoke from 5 strains.her small from buds was fizz smell like red bull
Cola bottle sweet smell I would grow her again but heard kosher kush is well better.
Can't wait to see these buds.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Well done on losing that horrible white haze in your pictures!

Looking forward to see what that 150 can do!

Bio_Kio

Hello guyz,
Budgrower,sad to hear that it did not yield to you,think that I ve choosen this strain 'cause they say it is a yielder...
What do you mean with fizz smell? Kind of sparkling?sry but I am not english native so my english is not the best...
Moses are you talking to me about that white haze?sry did not get what ya mean...
150W can work really good(obviusly in lil spaces)
On my fisrt run with this set up I got about 120gr dry with 4autos,sadly I have not been able to replicate that results even whith photo strains...
But whatever,here there are couple of shot from the 20th day from switch,wich I consider the 5ft of real bloom

and here a little male flower that I discovered,hope will be the first and only one...

a wiew of my diy modified reflector(tnx link o rama)

ok that s all I swear : ).. sorry for the loong post...
Catch ya for the next up!!

Bio_Kio

Hello guys,bringing some shots of some days ago,at 32 from switch..
The babies developed a couple of male flowers each,wich I removed hope there aren't any hided into the buds,
The last feed was 2ml/lt bloom+1ml/lt big bud
I think from now on i will follow this scheme

Bloom+big bud
Water
Bloom+biobloombastic
Water
Repeat

Pics follow

This is the apical of the plant that looks more productive in mass and resin both

thats all for today
I wuold like to wish an happy holiday time,a merry xmas and an happy new ear to all the members...

Latest posts

Latest posts