What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need a good top dress for transition from veg to flower

bigjdawg

I'm using lc with peat as the base. I'm using the blood bone and kelp meal recipe with good results but I notice yellowing a bit earlier then I would like. I'm trying to find a good top dress for nitrogen to get me through the stretch and delay the yellowing a little longer. I need help trying to find a top dress that won't be to much n and that won't throw the mix off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

coldcanna

Veteran
Right at bud set I top dress with Espoma Triple Phosphate and Potash. I don't personally do compost teas but continuing those right on through will keep your nutrient profile balanced

bigjdawg

Alright I'll look into that. I found this one last night but I dont know if it's to much nitrogen.

2 parts blood meal
4 parts kelp
2 parts bone meal or fox farm bulb food 3-8-8

I was thinking about using a tablespoon as parts but wasn't sure if that was to much because it would come out to a 1/2 cup tottal

truck

use yum yum mix or mimic it the best you can. I use 1 tbs on top of my 5 gals. seems to me to be good for both the stretch and stack.

I'm using lc with peat as the base. I'm using the blood bone and kelp meal recipe with good results but I notice yellowing a bit earlier then I would like. I'm trying to find a good top dress for nitrogen to get me through the stretch and delay the yellowing a little longer. I need help trying to find a top dress that won't be to much n and that won't throw the mix off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hope you find some answers! I'm barely going to begin this mix. Any tips? Did you just water so far through out veg?

bigjdawg

Ya I love lcs mix it's good straight through veg and flower . I think it still needs a little help through flower. What I was thinking of doing is hitting it with Neptune's 2-4-1 on week 3 and 5.

rykus

I like using fish and crab meal at click...fast acting N and chitan and calcium/P in the crab..

Sometimes I'll add pyroclay with it as well... Seems like the soil likes it, and the plants too..

Latest posts

Latest posts