What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 in 1980

Madjag

Veteran
@Window

Also in 1988-1989, in A-Dam, the breeders were busy making new crosses to Skunk #1:

picture.php

picture.php

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Paradise Coffeeshop in Leiden has had M16 on the menu (afaik) since at least 97 and still does... it's never been the same flowers but it's interesting to know the name still lives on although it has become a generic tag for whatever their most expensive herb is on any given day.. :)

Great thread....a joy to read :)

window

Veteran
Oaxaca/Skunk hybrid, nice.
"The male was early, consistent stinky skunk variety"
I 'ain't ever grown a Skunk#1 that didn't stink.

Madjag

Veteran
Paradise Coffeeshop in Leiden has had M16 on the menu (afaik) since at least 97 and still does... it's never been the same flowers but it's interesting to know the name still lives on although it has become a generic tag for whatever their most expensive herb is on any given day.. :)

Great thread....a joy to read :)

If Paradise coffeeshop was around in 1969, then it is the same place that I first smoked hash when I visited Europa after Hochschule.

There was a guy who opened a shoebox full of compressed weed from Turkey and offered it for 15 USD. Like I could bring it home hahaha. Still, what an amazing price, even if it was seeded bagweed.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
it is Turkish owned....I've no idea how long they've been there though, only that they were here when I first got here back then :)

lol they were doing a lot of back room deals back then too, but things have changed a lot over the years...

sdd420

Veteran
tI'm ready for a new chapter MJ or a few flicks or both"

Lol feed me Seymore feed me

Madjag

Veteran
@Obsidian

Anything is possible in the Land of Skunk. Our biggest customer was from Tempe. I'll write about him soon. I call him "Bulletproof", though he is one of the two Princes of Peyote as well.

More SK#1

picture.php

picture.php

The old campfire circle, tucked away with a below-ground, narrow fire pit

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Very cool Madjag, a piece of history right here!

Can you remember if any of the plants had the road kill terps?

Peace

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If you guys have not read the old school Arizona thread, you gotta read that. Sucked me right in, two days every free moment lol.

Awesome pics Madjag!

Madjag

Veteran
Very cool Madjag, a piece of history right here!

Can you remember if any of the plants had the road kill terps?

Peace

@Piff Rhys Jones

Virtually all of the plants smelled like RKS, especially after harvesting, drying, and manicuring.

Two week-old dried buds, when crushed up for consumption, would truly fill a room with the aroma. It stuck in people's hair after smoking and you could tell who was baked and who was not.

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
I would love to hear Sam Skunkman's thoughts on whether the terpenes and aroma of Skunk #1 were due to an individual source such as the Afghani or the Colombian that were part of the original mix or if he thinks it is a synergistic effect, i.e., the Skunk smell was a result of the combination of Afghani, Mexican, and Colombian strains all together and no single one was responsible.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
We got a skunk clone in 1980, and from all the reading and pics, I would have to say it was closest to the M14. It was super dense buds, like the hardest stuff, golfball dense never fluffly, so it seems it was a more indica leaning pheno or hybrid. It was all we or anyone we knew grew for close to 20 years in the vancouver area, nothing else was worth growing if you had it.

Latest posts

Latest posts