What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growing outdoors in winter?

MrFecund

just seeing if its possible to grow outdoors in winter in aus, I have aces Malawi and mrnice nordle freshly sprouted hoping to get a little to smoke as I no longer buy.

cheers
mrfecund

NzGreenWhanau

How cold does it get where you live? An wet maybe a small greenhouse may help. Probably would have to vege under lights an flower outside

yournan

In theory if you plant them outside at this time of year they will go straight in to flowering and stay rather small.

MrFecund

so it gets below 0 but never any snow, I don't mind small just hoping for something to smoke. I was buying from meth addicts, don't like that idea very much. heres hoping for a winter smoke.

Easy7

Veteran
Why not use time, money and resources to plan a seasonal grow that's more suitable?

Suppose if you have some extra beans, ya could.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
It will go straight to flower....guaranteed. You need lights inside. Come late June you will be stuffed without them.

MrFecund

ok seeds have already sprouted, could i use this as an opportunity to make a few seeds that i can plant out bush without wasting those i have brought? how does afghan/skunk x Malawi sound?

I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with the seedlings at this stage.

cheers

Bobbertqp

I grow out bush in small bunnings greenhouses during winter .seeds will be 12/12 from seed outdoors. But malwai is a 14 to 17 week long flowering strain. It will die because it will take to long to flower.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
just seeing if its possible to grow outdoors in winter in aus, I have aces Malawi and mrnice nordle freshly sprouted hoping to get a little to smoke as I no longer buy.

cheers
mrfecund
its absolutely possible ,
just depends on which part of oz you live in ...

T

Teddybrae

Mr Mallard speaks the truth!

I know that around Nimbin they plant a winter crop to avoid the Weed Man's autumn helicopters.

I can do one here at 25 degrees S. is VERY slow thru JuneJuly but picks up last two weeks in August and flowers well by middle of October ... when ... Sativa varieties begin to grow out and reveg ...

Dunno about Indicas. Probly not.

T

Teddybrae

Hey, forgot to say (musta bin stoned) that I went to visit a well known Cannabis person near Kempsie. it was winter and it was effing cold. but there was a White Rhino in his yard and he treated us to some nice tips ... no heads. BUT BETTER THAN NOTHING!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Heres a couple i have in now ,
outdoors , no plastic overhead ,
exposed to the elements ...

picture.php

nksv

That's amazing Donald. I gotta try a winter grow. Thought it'd be too cold though. I'm in a cool temperate zone.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
be touch and go man ,

im at 16-18 degrees south of the equator ,
and have the disadvantage of altitude this time of year ,

guys i know scouting a new spot say its 20 celcius night time , 28 to 30 during the day ,
but thats north of here and coastal temps ...

easy enough to grow all year in places like that ...

MrFecund

thanks Donald, I grew through winter up north but I get frosts here so im starting to believe its a no go for me. the male af/sk was to early to pollinate my Malawi. still have 1 af/sk and 2 Malawi tiny unsexed, there not really growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts