What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mmmm Lemon G

D

dubdi3mond

Well guys and girls I had to bust open the old stash for an early afternoon snack lol I've got like 10 different types of bud in this jar that everytime i get a new sack I throw a g or 2 into it.

Today a Lemon G bud got picked out and even though it was flat from being in my pocket one time it tasted of the most ungodly lemon pinesol mm ive only taken one hit out of the vape so far and I can still smell and taste it on the back of my tongue

sorry im high already lol but on to the question, does anyone know the lineage of lemon g? I already know its an ohio strain and all that jazz but what is the makeup of it? All i know is the buds I get of it are super fluffy and big, pretty leafy, covered in trichs and the taste is out of this world but ive never been able to find a clone or a seed (not even in a bud!)

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Just guessing. G-13 (probly airborne cut) x santa marta columbian gold, and then backcrossed back to SM columbian gold. Love potion.

D

dubdi3mond

i dont know if it is bull shit or not but I have had both Lemon G and LP and they were very different. similar in taste but bud structure and high are different. like dude said tho maybe diff phenos? idk

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought I had read something about it being a skunk misty cut but believe me I have been wrong before. Would love to someday get this cut as it is my favorite smoke ever. I do have some of this clone mixed with white Russian so maybe I can pull that lemon g out of her. Pic of lemon g above

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
ahhhhh been a while since ive had some lemon g goodness its usually in abundance at hookahville lemon head lemon skittles tastin. i grew the cut out about 9 years ago it grew squat and thick leaved like an afghani my whole house smell of pure skunk

D

dubdi3mond

I thought I had read something about it being a skunk misty cut but believe me I have been wrong before. Would love to someday get this cut as it is my favorite smoke ever. I do have some of this clone mixed with white Russian so maybe I can pull that lemon g out of her. Pic of lemon g above

that looks like the lemon i get but usually is manicured a little better.

buckeye-leaf lemon heads for sure, those are dead on what it tastes like

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I have grown Love Potion and Lemon G...

They aren't the same plant at all.

Reef did/does? use quite a bit of Santa Marta in Love Potion. All of the sativa genes in Lemon G come from Lemon Skunk... it's pretty obvious when you grow the two strains in question...

Which brings me to my question: Could you now state your facts on how you came to your conclusion?

PS Skunk Misty is a great cut but the spider mites love it. Of course it could all be b.s. :biglaugh:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm not asking you to argue. I just want to know how you got to your belief.

Santa Marta highland Columbian is reknown for passing on dominant traits for lengthy flower times.

Lemon G doesn't have a long flower period, but the Love Potion does.

I've grown crosses from the Lemon G that show Skunk dominant characteristics.

I guess I'm convinced but your statement of "fact" has me curious as to how you arrived there. I'm really at a loss as to why you think they're the same plant.

Please don't take my post as an argument it is sincerely a question.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
The most popular "lemon g" is a phenotype that was hand selected out of reefs love potion. It has a sativa structure, hybrid leaf shape, and a 70-75 day flower time just like that of a hybrid.

Santa marta may be good at passing on traits for length of flower, but that doesnt mean that all of the phenos are gonna be 12-14+ weeks.

I have never grown skunk so i cant compare it those physical traits. Nor have i grown santa marta, (and not quite sure how you aquired it, and or how you know a bit about it).

If i am wrong, i will be surprised. I wish there was a way to tell for sure where the lemon g came from.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
One person on another site said this.......

"I know this is an old thread, but I regestered just to post this.

If you got Lemon G, it had to have come from Cincinnati or Columbus Ohio. It is a protected strain available by clone only, and the people who hold it are stingy about giving it away.

It's history is actually an old Columbian strain from a import in the 1970's, I was fortunate enough to grow this strain.

It takes 9-11 weeks flowering, and creates huge fluffy monster buds. The calyxes actually branch out so far that it's not dense at all. If a normal bud that weighed 10 grams was next to 10 grams of Lemon G, the Lemon would look like a heavy ounce.

The closest relative I've found in seed form is reeferman's love potion #1. -It's also from a columbian strain."

Hmmm interesting! I wonder if the old old school cut that he mentioned still floats around...

Heres the lemons i have. Does that look like skunk to you...?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That post that you found elsewhere makes it sound like they don't have the real cut.

I simply can't think that Lemon G was hand picked out of a strain that didn't exist when it was found and named.

The buds aren't nearly as fluffy as stated (10 gram bud looking like a fat ounce?!?!).

Your photo looks like Lemon Skunk but I'd have to see more of the plant's entire structure to be sure.

Lemon Skunk foxtails like that, so if it's not your growth parameters I'm gonna go with my gut.

Last edited: