What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal Cannabis prices

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all,

Retail prices for legal Cannabis are very high from what I have seen. What do you all think? Any one buy any?

fatigues

Veteran
Hi all,

Retail prices for legal Cannabis are very high from what I have seen. What do you all think? Any one buy any?

Varies province to province. And you have to look closely at the THC content. There are some good deals, and a lot of poor ones, too.

What you use as a price comparison point also matters. If you compare them to the prices at a brick and mortar dispensary, or for sale at something like the Karma Cup, say, they are higher but not all that far off; at least for some of the better deals.

The problem is when people are comparing them to some of the cheaper MoMs. Then they look very high. Mind you, so do the dispensaries. Cut rate MoM prices are extremely low and are a very recent development. They have spoiled us in terms of price.

And it is for that reason that I do not think the MoMs are going to be in business a year from now. They will be systematically busted. Given how they operate via Interac transfer of funds, it's pretty easy to do a buy/bust and make it a cookie cutter operation in terms of closing them down en masse and arresting a lot of people, tracing the flow of money and seizing homes and cars.

It will get ugly; very ugly for those caught in the middle of it.

For all of that, the lineups were around the block and down the street in most cities today and the OCS was reporting more than 100 online transactions per minute.

Turns out, not everybody knows about how to order from a MoM, or cares to if they do. And it's not even close.

vancityj

About us

The BC Liquor Distribution Branch is the public retailer of non-medical cannabis throughout the province, under the brand BC Cannabis Stores. BC Cannabis Stores is committed to providing customers with high-quality cannabis products and information through responsible channels that provide expert and friendly service.

https://www.bccannabisstores.com/

axle2u

I agree, very high prices

ive been buying online, successfully....several times, several vendors
I can get decent bud, $56 oz...CAN

here is a piece of advice when buying cannabis online...
whether you reside in the US or Canada...

don't be buying your dope online, and have a border crossing involved...

that probably can go bad on you in a big hurry...don't do it,
and don't find out the hard way, that you cant....assume you cant

so to recap, yes buy online goodies in the US if you live in the US
and buy online in Canada, if you live in Canada, and KEEP THE BORDERS out of the equation all together....shop smart

its just my theory....cant get charged with driving over 100 mph,
if you don't ever drive past 80....lol

both canada and the US, have awesome dispensaries that function well

to source them all, and those fab $2 buds...
do smoogle search engine trick....and "poof " there you are

prices range from $2 g to $ 15 g (CAN Currency)...
I have yet to be disappointed in the weight and quality of any products ive purchased
no, lumber in any bags...and weighs out every time, yup no complaints, not one

stay within your bounds tho, don't be doing borders....

-axle robot

clearheaded

ya some are almost reasonable ie 30 bucks 3.5grams if was of decent quality. but I assure u most of it is crap and if canopy grows it (besides bedrocan) it has varying degrees of plastic terps lol. i think its a rinse they use to clean the buds but is the worst and every var i have treid from all teh big boys have all had no real smell and burnt black. even tho very dry will snap and sparkle. some have made it to the half decent realm but nothing to spend 12 dollars a gram on..lift the review site is meaningless everyone gives 5 stars if they get high at all.

axle2u

ive purchased online in Canada, going back several months now...

yes, there are some good deals to be had, (online canadian site)
check out this site.....https://faircannacare.com

navigate to their $2 g, bud....
3 varieties offered at that price...I like the sugar kush, sweet tasting
that's incredible price $ 56 oz...

so when is the last time you bought a whole oz, for under $60...??
for me never....$60 a quarter maybe but not a full oz...

they also have $3 bud...$4 bud...$5 bud...$6 bud...and so on

now how long will these sites be up and running you ask
who knows I say....laws are changing, business(s) are scrambling to keep up
as of last night, this site is still up and open for business

hope this helps my fellow kanucks...

cheers mates...

axle robot

troutman

Seed Whore
High price = Black Market.

If the Government hasn't learned that from Native cigarettes being sold to Whitey. I don't know what to tell them.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
ive purchased online in Canada, going back several months now...

yes, there are some good deals to be had, (online canadian site)
check out this site.....https://faircannacare.com

navigate to their $2 g, bud....
3 varieties offered at that price...I like the sugar kush, sweet tasting
that's incredible price $ 56 oz...

so when is the last time you bought a whole oz, for under $60...??
for me never....$60 a quarter maybe but not a full oz...

they also have $3 bud...$4 bud...$5 bud...$6 bud...and so on

now how long will these sites be up and running you ask
who knows I say....laws are changing, business(s) are scrambling to keep up
as of last night, this site is still up and open for business

hope this helps my fellow kanucks...

cheers mates...

axle robot

300 lbs from down south were very common just a few years ago. Maybe still. Have not talked to them in a while. Quality was literally all over the board. When they were good or great ones arrive. Grab em quick. Not much for bag appeal. But they would deliver to the door. Anything from $25 zips to several hundred bricks.

axle2u

I agree , and I heard on tv news the other night, the federal gov...wants to peg the price of their "legal cannabis" at $10-$13 a gram, they also want to charge $1 a gram for what they call "access tax"...wtf is that...

so I dunno, but I think a lot of people roll some big dubbies as normal smoke for them at 1 g a joint....so plug in those numbers into the old cranium and that equates to the gov will get 1 dollar for every joint smoked....just in "access taxs" alone...

millions apon millions....nay...billlions in revenue for the only "legal cannabis"

to me, I dunno...but I see that as abuse of their collective legislative power
generating their very own MONOPOLY....ON CANNABIS

am I wrong in perspective...?
I think not

-axle robot

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
High price = Black Market.

If the Government hasn't learned that from Native cigarettes being sold to Whitey. I don't know what to tell them.
Talking to them Trout, is like banging your head against the wall. Anyone who thinks we live in a democracy, has been sparking too much!

Defacto

I had to tell you that in Denver, CO, USA one major chain is selling all strains for 90USD/oz. (Just to drive you crazy. :) I think Oregon,USA is cheaper still.)

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is compared to 10-13 a gram. I’d pay 90 usd any day if I didn’t grow. Cost me like $1.50-2.00 a gram to grow.

If they were thinking this would kill the black market they have their head up their ass.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
It is compared to 10-13 a gram. I’d pay 90 usd any day if I didn’t grow. Cost me like $1.50-2.00 a gram to grow.

If they were thinking this would kill the black market they have their head up their ass.

thats been a typical black market price around here for years. So no competition really.

Bmac1

Veteran
I wonder if this initial rush of legal purchases is just a novelty that will end as quick as it started or if it will be sustainable. The prices do seem quite high for some products and will do nothing but bolster the black market IMO.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Isnt the real question what is the price of great cannabis vs. other cannabis? Is where it came from relevant to the flavor and high of a well grown and cured joint while it is being burned?

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We definitely want excellent quality. Fair prices as well. We need legal supply to go up. That will take time.

Everyone will use their old dealers to fill the gaps.

I’m curious who will be well known for real top quality.

fatigues

Veteran
I’m curious who will be well known for real top quality.

What rec weed turns out to be? I don't think we know yet. Medical weed wasn't really an indicator of production methods over a much, much broader recreational supply where competition is very real.

And that recreational supply has not yet hits its stride where the LPs know and can predict with a high degree of accuracy all consumption patterns over the course of a year. They just don't know. And until they do, production methods will continue to be rushed, unpredictable and beyond their normalized parameters.

So it's somewhere between a panic and a clusterfuck of HOLY SHIT!! incompetence, and that is likely to be the case for at least the next 18 months -- and probably even longer than that.

Satisfying a Mass Market takes historical data and practice. And they don't have any of either. Doesn't mean that they won't get both; they will. But they don't have it just yet. Nobody does.

We also don't know what the market does and does not want. But we have a good idea from the legal US states. Edibles will be in demand, distillate will be immensely popular -- and vape pens and cartridges will fly off the shelves.

And yes, Big Corporate Weed does distillate better than small producers. That's the nature of the technology behind CO2 extraction.

As Big Corp Weed moves to distillate and edibles/drinkables, we'll see more smaller growers try to get their slice of the dried flower pie. Yes, there will be connoisseur weed. How much and at what price -- grown and harvested/processed in what precise manner? We don't know, but it probably looks a lot more like current black market weed and a lot less like flash dried and irradiated LP weed than it does now.

I do know this: at this stage, I don't trust legal weed reviews by anybody I don't personally know, face to face. I don't even trust them from longtime cannabis users on this site; because I have seen time-and-time-again, those same users online slag any and all corporate weed for the briefest and most minor of offences. And one corporation is the same as another to them. They have a philosophy -- and that philosophy does not allow for corporate weed.

I don't need to read somebody's smoke report to suspect the validity of their views is dominated by ideology. I have seen that already both here and on reddit. (Sorry)

But, at some point, the hysteria and biases will calm down and the true opinions will begin to predominate -- and we'll have a better idea of what legal weed is worth buying, if any is.

The other thing I know is that competently harvested and cured, legal home grown rec dried flower (which technically doesn't even exist yet in Canada and won't until licit cannabis seeds are for sale, somewhere in Canada) will always be better than all but the Tip-Toppest Top Shelf there is in a legal market.

So I think I'll grow some. :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts