What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How am i doing? How much yield can i get?

homegr0wer

Hi guys. Iv been growing some time now, and iv been finally learn something about growing weed. Can you give me some yield exceptation and tell overall how am i doing and should i make something better?

Light: 600w gib superbloom

Vent: 125mm (340 cubic meter/hour = 200.116445 cubic foot/minute) cooltube, 150mm (555 cubic meter/hour = 326.660667 cubic foot/minute) blowing out of the window

Plants: 9 mazar's at 17l (4.49 gallons) containers, some of them are in 10l (2.64gallons) containers

They are like 3.3 x 3.3 feet (100cm) at horizontal

Temps are like 82.4 degrees Fahrenheit = 28 degrees Celsius
Thank you guys! :thank you:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice little setup you have there!

It's hard to say on yield. Those plants are hungry. Or they were and you recently fed them. If everything goes well you should have a decent yield.

The goal on a dialed grow and strain would be 600 grams. Gram a watt.

I think you can expect anywhere from 100 grams to 400 grams.

Best of luck to you on reaping a monster harvest!

Well I'd say it's either raise your plant number and veg for 2 weeks depending on strain OR train your plants a little more with better canopy management you can raise your weight gains but to be honest experience plays a huge role in this game , maybe you should venture into the hydro route with coco , but like I said grows under your belt and keeping a log of all the changes that you make help quite a lot , you'll find yourself, looking into them to make the right changes and get better at it , either way good luck !!!! FSG.

Spaventa

Veteran
1 gram per watt is only a good result if its an 8 weeker with short or no veg time. If you veg for 5 weeks and flower for 12 more, its a pitiful result.

Without factoring time, Grams per Watt is meaningless. 24hr vs 18/6 vegging and things like auto flowerers under 24 would make it like comparing apples and oranges. We should adopt a new standard - Grams per Kilowatt hour.

eg. 3 weeks of 24hr (504 hours) vegging under 125w (0.125 Kw) fluorescents (comes to 63 KW/hr)

followed by 9 weeks 12/12 (756 hours) under 400w (0.4 Kw) HPS (another 302 Kw/hr)

total 365 Kw/hr.

If the dry harvest was 400g, thats 1.09 grams per Kw/hr.

Last edited:

Easy7

Veteran
Gram a watt is not pitiful. Yes some get higher but those that ask what they will yield get more like .5 a watt.

Even black dog led company grows get only around 1 gram per watt.

Nobody can say what the yield will be. Could have nutrient issues or ph burn and end up with shitty flowers that you have too much of for the quality or lack there of.

Topping helps, defoliating can expose flowers to more light, strain matters a great deal.

Focus on good looking plants with nice flowers. Get ready for the next crop rotation. Learn from mistakes.

It simply makes no sense to buy all the gear and seeds for a one and done grow.

Easy7

Veteran
Pruning them next time around, will give more flowers at the top of the canopy.

I see lot's of leaf so removing some large leaf will focus more on bud sites. Prune the bottoms for air flow and suckers that are nearly worthless. Suckers will drain from buds at the tops.

Over all it all looks pretty good..

Spaventa

Veteran
Gram a watt is not pitiful. Yes some get higher but those that ask what they will yield get more like .5 a watt.

Even black dog led company grows get only around 1 gram per watt.

Nobody can say what the yield will be. Could have nutrient issues or ph burn and end up with shitty flowers that you have too much of for the quality or lack there of.

Topping helps, defoliating can expose flowers to more light, strain matters a great deal.

Focus on good looking plants with nice flowers. Get ready for the next crop rotation. Learn from mistakes.

It simply makes no sense to buy all the gear and seeds for a one and done grow.

You may disagree with the specific example I gave but the point was and is that a Grams per Watt is meaningless. So many many other variables that determine yield aren't factored into the equation - time most obviously, but strain is a massive determiner and if that 1 gram you got was some shit like Chronic or Big Bud, you did terribly. If you vegged for 6 weeks 24/24 to get it, you did awful.
Do 1g/w with a nice Haze on 12/12 from rooted clone and you did great.

Your g/w is only meaningful in context of lots of other factors that determine how good or bad that g/w is.

homegr0wer

Well my point here was to "maximaze" the yield (=1g/w), not to argument about g/w as a metering scale. I don't pay for the electricity in my closet, so I just want to know how I can maximize my yield and the quaility.

Thanks for your suggestions so far, I will remove some leaves and cut stems from where h.i.d can't reach.

:thank you:

MrBungle

I'd lower the light a bit too.. it looks like its 24-36 inches away.. if thats a cooled 600w you can drop that light a bit closer....

Easy7

Veteran
I calculate a lot of power bill expectations. Seems something better for a warehouse grow.

Veg lights that dial down can make a longer veg grow similar in cost to a short veg sog. But laws limit plant counts. Almost no one sogs anymore. 16 plants when 4 would do, is more work.

master kusher

Maybe go buy an LED light online because those are cheaper and come with both ends of the spectrum if you don't want to I suggest buying a metal hallide light bulb for vegging and then switching it to a hid for flowering if those plants are already into flowering the most I see in your future is 100-220 grams but if you veg. for another 2-3 weeks I can see 480 grams doable that's to say you don't pick early (some people have this problem, I don't know if you're one of them.)
Also some one said earlier hydro I second hydro if you have a lot of time and a good bit of funds (probably after this grow.) You'd be surprised by how much quicker they grow in a dialed in hydro set up vs. a soil set up. But for me soil is the way to go.

Spaventa

Veteran
Well my point here was to "maximaze" the yield (=1g/w), not to argument about g/w as a metering scale. I don't pay for the electricity in my closet, so I just want to know how I can maximize my yield and the quaility.

Thanks for your suggestions so far, I will remove some leaves and cut stems from where h.i.d can't reach.

:thank you:

You say electricity is irrelevant so WHY are you concerned with Grams/Watt?? If electric is free and unlimited, base your assessment another measure of efficiency... like space? Grams per Square foot or yard? OR grams per month? or year?
For quality.. get a kit to test cannabinoids and terpenes. Mine cost about $200 and does 10 tests. Cannalytics the company is called.

I meant to say that a good average yield is 500g per square meter or about a pound per square yard, if its quality bud. With a lesser quality, higher yielder you could get a lot more though.

Oh and through out I have only been posting to share ideas and information - Im not arguing with anyone.

homegr0wer

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here we go more, 2 weeks from 12/12. Temps got down to [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]74.84 degrees Fahrenheit (23.8C). What do you think?
picture.php

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Spaventa

Veteran
I'd lower the light a bit too.. it looks like its 24-36 inches away.. if thats a cooled 600w you can drop that light a bit closer....

He can go a lot closer - 12" is fine if its sufficiently cooled (enough flow through to keep the entire tube and glass cold to the touch)
I ran cooled 600s for years before switching to CMH.

homegr0wer

He can go a lot closer - 12" is fine if its sufficiently cooled (enough flow through to keep the entire tube and glass cold to the touch)
I ran cooled 600s for years before switching to CMH.​
Its like 16" now, i just dont wanna go any lower, cause temps are 75 fahrenheit already on tops. Over 1200μmol/s par is hot man :dance013:

fizz

Good job getting the heat down to 74, now get the relative humidity up to 40-60% and lower the lights to about 16" and let plants grow no closer than 12" from the light.

Also, just a little tip, if you buy clear ducting for the cooltube you can sneak a little more light into those shady corners, as well as more easily monitor for any bugs that may find their way in.

And finally, don't forget to scrub trays and floor clean, perhaps sprinkle some diatomaceous earth, and give a good foliar wash before you flower.

Good luck :D