What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Still not there....do this....click post reply, then on the right below the smileys click insert image, then hit the pic u want to post, then click close window an it will bring ya back to posting page an add info an click post reply.

I saw it on ur album....the dirt looks shuffled around. Were ya diggin through it?

tommygh

OK, never done that before, hope it works. I can see it in the previous post.

Yea, I poked my fork through the top of the soil and tilled it a bit to give it more air, but from now on I think I'll just squeeze the container a little to loosen it up.

I'm watering with 7-7.5 PH'd water, with a little Epsom Salts, and some Rapid Start Rooting Enhancer. RO is at about 6. I'm using FFOF, which has worked pretty good so far.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
U should be ph-ing at 6.5. Drop the epsom salt. Dont mess with the soil or mess with the pot. Your fudgin up the root system.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Go grab a nase nute like flora nova from a hydro store an feed 1/4 strength when the soil gets a little dry but not bone dry.

tommygh

The FFOF burns and no matter how much I PH the water, It always comes out about 6. I have some Bone Meal and Bat Guano with Phosphorous. Any of those 2, like 1/4 tsp mix? :yummy: Appreciate the assist Art :bow:

Also, I'm reading a lot about adding Dolomite Lime when transplanting. I'll be using the same FFOF in the 5 gal pots. Any ideas on that? I'll be adding Blood Meal and Bat Guano with Nitrogen at 4-5 weeks.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Only organic expertise i have is with soiless and guano teas. I see what ya doing with the higher ph adjusting to get a proper ph as to ur run off. Maybe some dolomite lime worked into the top soil to adjust it in the soil.

MJBadger

Veteran
tommy , your pics are still not showing .

Go to advanced post , click on insert image , then the image & that should appear in your post . If you get this sorted I`ll show you how to post big pics .

Put plenty of pics in your gallery/album as you seem to have that sussed .

tommygh

I dumped the Epsom Salt water, and now changed to just the tap water at about 7.5, and the Rooting Enhancer. Thing is, last time I upped the PH, that's when the yellowing started. I'm just going to go with the plain tap water, and then I'll check the run off again. The good plant is thriving.

Just curious about the dolomite, since I'll want the burn for vegging, but the dolomite will bring the PH up. I'll pick up a bag (good to have anyway), and ask my local vendor. They're the FFOF experts. No complaints so far just using FFOF (although SurfdOut said it's rubbish).

Did some research regarding a fan. I could get a fan mounted on the filter pulling the air through and hopefully buffering the odor. I don't have anywhere to run an exhaust duct, so I'm not sure if this is going to make a difference. I really don't have a clue about something like this. It's completely new to me.

This is what I'm thinking:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052ZPMAG...TF8&colid=220GE7SZ36GF1&coliid=I1KP8RJM6LNLDS

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Scratch in the proper amount of lime into the top soil an it will buffer the ph to a happy level. Surfdout is right, its not the best soil.

Stuff i have waiting to be used but i got no place to cook dirt for an indoor run so it will wait till i got a house to work it. An my tea recipe's.

tommygh

Hi MJ, this is fearing me out. I can see the pics in all of my posts. What's up with that? I'm adding 2 pics via Advanced and Insert Image like you said. Before I was opening the pic, and just copying and pasting the URL into the post. Can you see them now?

tommygh

4 Week Update

4 Week Update

I'm @ day 32, and my 2nd plant is still sprouting need leaves. I've transplanted to the gal pot, and I cut away the younger leaves that were browning, so that there's more light exposure. As you'll see in the pic, the stem is twisted/bent, and not well formed, compared to my 1st plant. She almost looks like she's been topped. I'll keep nurturing, I just don't know what's going to happen if the stem doesn't get stronger :watchplant:

igrowone

Veteran
i wouldn't be too down on this plant, some start slow, especially some females
does have an interesting look, looking very compact, nothing wrong with compact plants