What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NoSocSlic's Thread for Growing and Learning

N

NoSocSlic

Well, still no signs of flowering. I cut the light back from 12/12 down to 11/13. If I have to I will go down one more hour. I decided I'd still post a picture because the plant (95% sure is a she) has really packed on some size since I last posted. Still playing the waiting game.

N

NoSocSlic

I have a few thoughts on it at least. I take it outside every day for 4-6 hours and transitioning between the different light may be confusing it. It may just be one of those plants that is slow to maturation. On some branches the nodes alternate and on others it doesn't, so I am leaning towards that.

The way the tops are yellow like they are makes me think that it is very very close. Before, when I've seen that, flowers came quickly after it. I am going to repot it tonight into a 3 gallon container because its drinking a ton of water when its outside. Its coming together as a nice little bush anyways lol.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road.......

Follow The Yellow Brick Road.......

Hey NoSo I'm down to hop in the passenger seat for this one hehe :biggrin:. It should be one hell of a show. I'm looking forward to you confirming my suspicions about that plant(that its a lady). But i'll certainly be following along until the end to see how it turns out either way. Great thread bro.

NYUF :tiphat:

N

NoSocSlic

I think its about time to throw a picture up. As frustrating as it is, there is still no flowering happening. I keep saying it should be anytime and I still feel like it should be. I hope that this long waiting period gets rewarded with a bush full of dank in the end =P

Here it is

Did you switch her light cycle?

Did you switch her light cycle?

I think its about time to throw a picture up. As frustrating as it is, there is still no flowering happening. I keep saying it should be anytime and I still feel like it should be. I hope that this long waiting period gets rewarded with a bush full of dank in the end =P

Here it is

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53861&pictureid=1273073&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

NoSo you say she still isn't flowering? Did you switch her light cycle to 12/12 or is she an auto-flower? Shit switch her to 12/12 anyway to provoke her to bloom.

Remember: Photoperiodism is the physiological reaction of organisms to the length of day or night. It occurs in plants and animals. Photoperiodism can also be defined as the developmental responses of plants to the relative lengths of the light and dark periods. Here it should be emphasized that photoperiodic effects relate directly to the timing of both the light and dark periods. Many flowering plants (angiosperms) use a photoreceptor protein, such as phytochrome or cryptochrome,[1] to sense seasonal changes in night length, or photoperiod, which they take as signals to flower

NYUF

N

NoSocSlic

That's the thing. I switched the lights to 12/12 18 days ago. and they are at 11/13 now. I may have to drop it down to 10/14. Closely looking at the preflowers, I would say they look female but I haven't seen a pistil poking out of any of them so I can't be sure.

18 days of 12/12 would have shown a male plant already I would think. Anyhow, a couple more nodes and I will know for sure. I think this is going to be a longer flowering lady with some sativa genes running through her bushy veins. I can hope at least, right?

Strange....

Strange....

That's the thing. I switched the lights to 12/12 18 days ago. and they are at 11/13 now. I may have to drop it down to 10/14. Closely looking at the preflowers, I would say they look female but I haven't seen a pistil poking out of any of them so I can't be sure.

18 days of 12/12 would have shown a male plant already I would think. Anyhow, a couple more nodes and I will know for sure. I think this is going to be a longer flowering lady with some sativa genes running through her bushy veins. I can hope at least, right?

That's really strange. I'd certainly ask around. Have you been keeping her in absolute darkness. Any light stronger than moonlight will cause her to become confused. Even street lamps HPS or room lights. Is she in a place where no light what so ever can get in? Cause if not than that could be making her remain in a state of suspension. That's the only thing I can think of cause wow 18 days is a long time and a male would have certainly showed his balls already. From what I've seen males show their balls much quicker than females show pistils. IMO.

N

NoSocSlic

Yeah there are no light leaks. I have already sealed any leaks. This is the third plant I flowered in the room and the first time I have had to wait this long. After some searching I found out it is not unheard of for a plant to flower under longer dark periods. I cut back the light another half hour today and I will drop it back again Monday. From what I have read from others who have had similar experiences the plant did indeed have a longer flower period, so I am thinking this may end up being a 12 week flower period (or more). That is so far away that I am not even thinking about it though.

Yeah there are no light leaks. I have already sealed any leaks. This is the third plant I flowered in the room and the first time I have had to wait this long. After some searching I found out it is not unheard of for a plant to flower under longer dark periods. I cut back the light another half hour today and I will drop it back again Monday. From what I have read from others who have had similar experiences the plant did indeed have a longer flower period, so I am thinking this may end up being a 12 week flower period (or more). That is so far away that I am not even thinking about it though.

LOL NoSo I think you have a dysfunctional plant Hire her a shrink!
:fsu:

J/K Ur probably Right.

N

NoSocSlic

Another week and another crappy update.

Another week and another crappy update.

NY, maybe I do. I don't think that is the case though. What I think, is that this plant has some landrace genetics, which means I am going to have to be cautious as I proceed. It has not flowered still, but growth is slowing down some.

While it continues to mature, I have been busy tying branches and pinching stems in an attempt to keep growth slow. I am going to allow one more week of this. Many landrace sativas sexually mature around 60 days of vegetative growth. One week puts me at day 64.

My lights are at 10/14 now. If nothing has happened this time next week I am going to put it into 48 hours of darkness, and proceed from there. I am tired of it already and if it is what I think it is, I won't be harvesting anything until late September at a minimum.

If I can't get it to flower in a couple weeks I'm abandoning this project and planting it in the woods a short walk from my house, because it is just going to get too big. If that is the case, who knows... maybe it will survive through until fall and I can go do some tree chopping.

Oh No!

Oh No!

NY, maybe I do. I don't think that is the case though. What I think, is that this plant has some landrace genetics, which means I am going to have to be cautious as I proceed. It has not flowered still, but growth is slowing down some.

While it continues to mature, I have been busy tying branches and pinching stems in an attempt to keep growth slow. I am going to allow one more week of this. Many landrace sativas sexually mature around 60 days of vegetative growth. One week puts me at day 64.

My lights are at 10/14 now. If nothing has happened this time next week I am going to put it into 48 hours of darkness, and proceed from there. I am tired of it already and if it is what I think it is, I won't be harvesting anything until late September at a minimum.

If I can't get it to flower in a couple weeks I'm abandoning this project and planting it in the woods a short walk from my house, because it is just going to get too big. If that is the case, who knows... maybe it will survive through until fall and I can go do some tree chopping.

Damn NoSo Sorry to here that. However NEVER abandon, all good things come to those who wait. Remember that. Sometimes we don't always recognize mother nature's plan but she knows what she's doing. Still, I agree if nothing by next week put her to darkness. Cant hurt at this point.

N

NoSocSlic

Yeah I was talking out of my ass last night. I just got frustrated. The irony is.......... I just saw her first hairs just now! So this is day 1 folks! Once she kicks into gear a little more I will throw up some pictures. I don't know what to expect, but I have established a nice little bush. This should be a fun one.

Contrats Is a Girl!!

Contrats Is a Girl!!

Yeah I was talking out of my ass last night. I just got frustrated. The irony is.......... I just saw her first hairs just now! So this is day 1 folks! Once she kicks into gear a little more I will throw up some pictures. I don't know what to expect, but I have established a nice little bush. This should be a fun one.

Congrats!! :woohoo:

I cant wait to see what she has to offer. Since she made us wait she must have something really good to show. All good things come to those who wait. Yes Sir!

N

NoSocSlic

I appreciate the kind words! I have high hopes for her. I can only wish she has high hopes for me lol.

N

NoSocSlic

Pictures!

Pictures!

I decided to throw up some pictures now, so that next week's will look a little more exciting. Here she is in her second day of flower...

Looking forward to the next few months!

N

NoSocSlic

Hey guys. For anyone following, I am not going to be able to post new pictures until Monday. I'm out of town for the holiday weekend. It'll give her a couple days to spit out some new pistils anyways. She is looking good!

N

NoSocSlic

Bagseed works for me!

Bagseed works for me!

Well here she is on day 10. Things are only just getting started. Bagseed is so much fun. You never really know what to expect when you pop them. She has responded very well to training. She was topped twice, and I have been tying all branches out with hemp twine(isn't it ironic, don't you think?). She barely drinks anything! I have been watering every 4 days. I can't wait to see how the rest of this grow goes. Depending on how swollen the buds end up I am hoping to pull 2 oz. off of her. I think its way too early to start guessing weight though.

The last picture is her trunk, and shows where the topping led to four main branches.

N

NoSocSlic

Day 16 Flower

Day 16 Flower

Here she is at day 17. Pistils are having a pink tendancy which is cool. What isn't cool is that I think I finally get to experience what I have been dreading... pests. I haven't seen any bugs but a few lower leaves are looking like this.

From what I have read, I am most worried about thrips. I haven't had this problem yet so I don't know much about confirming a certain pest or getting rid of them. I am going to make up some tobacco juice and start foliar spraying. How do I go about getting ladybugs?

Last edited:
N

NoSocSlic

I went and got some Monterey's garden inspect spray and sprayed tonight with spinosad. I mixed up 1 tbsp. in a quart of water. I made sure to really get the tops and bottoms of the leaves and spray the soil. I have read nothing but good things about it. I haven't seen a bug honestly, but with the silvery patches and black dots I assumed it was thrips. I hope I was right. I will post some pictures Saturday or Sunday. I did not do tobacco juice. I mixed it up but changed my mind.

Latest posts

Latest posts