What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

bobblehead

Veteran
The long anticipated remodel is here... "Adapt or perish..."

So, w/o too much added bs... This is what I'm up to.

I'm taking apart the bobbleracks, and putting 2' bars in the middle. I'll put 8 racks in a room instead of 16. Each rack will hold 3 plants in #2 SP's per level, 6 or 7 levels... Still to be decided. That's 18-21 plants per a rack.

I got real lucky when I went to home depot, b/c they had beautiful 1x2x8 fir strip. Normally the boards are all crooked and broken... but most of these are perfect! and only $0.82 a board!
picture.php

Then I cut it up into 2' bars. I also painted the bars as individual pieces... b/c trying to paint an assembled rack is a PITA.
picture.php

So here's an original bobblerack...
picture.php

Then I take it apart, and make my marks with a preme-asured/marked board. I started my marks at 6" from the bottom and made one every 1'. Replaced some of the 1' bars with 2' bars.
picture.php

picture.php

and an assembled 7 level bobblerack... My question is, do you think the top level is too close to the ceiling? 6 levels is all need, but I was stoned and screw happy... I'm only done with 3 racks so far. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to finish. The paint is still tacky anyway.
picture.php

250wscrogger

nice:good::good:
I say go with 1 gal pots, 4 per shelf. 24 per rack X 8 racks

192 on racks and throw 8 on the ground for an even 200.

D

DHF

Yeah Schrews Bro.... it`s all about increased plant numbers with fully rooted cuts flipped faster and they fill in the sideways as well as the up and down canopy as they get through the stretch and start the swellage process ftw...

Sittin back and watchin what it takes for more smaller plants flipped faster to make the gpw`s sizzle.....

My top rack was at 6' and so was the light Bobble`s...Never worried bout the top plants growin sideways and up with the horti-trellis holdin the top colas while the reflectix still kept em growin toward the ceilings....

Handle this shit my buddy....Freds.....:ying:......

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
so 1 dripper per plant? and 21x8 = 168 plants per room!! thats gonna take a while :)

I want to copy this setup but instead use 3 or 4 levels with bigger plants, maybe in #3 or #5 pots. how much additional veg time do you think would be necessary, or is more plants truly better regardless? I have had VERY good results with the #2 smartpots

... but i would need to buy a lot of clones

i miss my veg room :(

watching this closely, i am starting on my own version of these racks next week

five_put

Looks excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing these new ones get filled up. I was thinking of a stadium, but I think I'll also end up building a version of these racks that would suit my space. Awesome work man, thanks for sharing..:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged in....teach me a thing or two about this vertical madness sweeping the nation...hehehe. ;)

dank.Frank

L

laylow

LOVE IT!!!!! :jump:

your room is getting closer and closer to what im about to do.... :)

as you know instead of the Colosseum type setup your running i was going for more of a stadium long racks but if this works out it would be more viable to run 2 lots of 1800w rather than 6000w...

Great Progress lets get this show on the road...:headbange

L

laylow

LMAO @ the state of the floor all the white paint everywhere... couldn't wait for the paint to dry huh... :biglaugh:

My top rack was at 6' and so was the light Bobble`s...Never worried bout the top plants growin sideways and up with the horti-trellis holdin the top colas while the reflectix still kept em growin toward the ceilings....

so chicken wire on the ceiling? or are you refering to main trellis?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the new design, looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the watering system, I think I could build this!

bobble 2 questions ; 1) I would like to find out what the footprint (width) of a final Bobblepod v2 is and 2) What is the stacked wattage ur using? 1k or 600's?

great job man!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

as you know instead of the Colosseum type setup your running i was going for more of a stadium long racks but if this works out it would be more viable to run 2 lots of 1800w rather than 6000w...

This is exactly what appeals to me the most, more yields using LESS wattage....excellent!

bobblehead

Veteran
tagged in....teach me a thing or two about this vertical madness sweeping the nation...hehehe. ;)

dank.Frank

Welcome aboard D. Frank. I doubt you need much instruction though...

The reason DHF and I got off so well to begin with, was that I came to him asking how to build the 1800w coliseum. He never once had to explain to me why it's a superior growing method.

I'm gonna take you to school LL, and try to get you caught up here... :blowbubbles:

Environment > light, correct? Run less light, if it means you can keep your environment under control. Now, in your case, I know you can keep your environment under control, but you're using a lot more equipment (read electricity) to do it.

Yield is not just about the genetics or the light used to grow them... It's about the grower, making the best out of his/her system/space... and it helps to have the best designed setup. Heath runs 1800w flip pods for his production rooms... and he taught DHF about them... So now there's 2 guys we both respect, running 1800w light stacks... Where have you been? FYI, my temps top out at 81.5F lights on in the pods, when it's 90-100F outside.

Think about how the plants grow... Mostly up, right? So creating a light column in the middle only makes sense, so that the plants can stay 100% in the light zone, instead up growing up and away from the light.

6lbs off 1800w of light is baby-shit. 8-10lbs will be regular, and I think 12lbs is a possibility. I think you have some work to do. :smokey:

LMAO @ the state of the floor all the white paint everywhere... couldn't wait for the paint to dry huh... :biglaugh:

lol, I painted the wood and assembled the racks in the same spot... but yeah, the paint was still tacky... :D I procrastinated too long.

so chicken wire on the ceiling? or are you refering to main trellis?

Both. It takes a lot to hold up 8-10lbs.

Love the new design, looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the watering system, I think I could build this!

bobble 2 questions ; 1) I would like to find out what the footprint (width) of a final Bobblepod v2 is and 2) What is the stacked wattage ur using? 1k or 600's?

great job man!

Same dimensions, the only thing that's changed is the design of the racks. 8x8 room, 6x6 inner diameter. The racks are 1'x2'x7', with 6 levels.

right on bobble! mad respect bro... lookin damn good.
Thanks bro. Your old racks were part of the inspiration... I just had to make it work for coco.

Bobble u always up to something, wish i had your energy.

Thanks joesy. I wish I had more energy. This shit is kicking my ass! lol

Ah yeah, bobblehead is ripping it up again. The new racks look good. more space=more bud.

Thanks bro.

nice:good::good:
I say go with 1 gal pots, 4 per shelf. 24 per rack X 8 racks

192 on racks and throw 8 on the ground for an even 200.

lol... it's gonna be 18 plants per rack... Thanks for the encouragement!

bobblehead

Veteran
Yeah Schrews Bro.... it`s all about increased plant numbers with fully rooted cuts flipped faster and they fill in the sideways as well as the up and down canopy as they get through the stretch and start the swellage process ftw...

Sittin back and watchin what it takes for more smaller plants flipped faster to make the gpw`s sizzle.....

Thanks... I'll keep it at 6 levels then, 18 plants a rack... 8 x 18 = 144... I think I'm on my way.