What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed is the only plant that has succeeded...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Corrected...

Careful w those MUMs.

Didn't intend it that way, more as further reading that questions our ideas about human plant relationships and the nature of plants. Pollan is less controversial. Stamets I think has interesting ideas on the function of mycorrhizal networks acting as a "fungal internet" in forested areas.

different

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The only physical dependance is to physical issues it's alleviating. Mental, physical, if you feel dependant you have issues you're unaware of.

Find and fix the issue and the 'dependance/addiction" evaporates. Anecdotal, schmanecdotal, we're talking about ignorance. Yes, harvard can and has been ignorant. I'm sure you can find old recommendations for asbestos from Harvard's best and brightest.

Wake up and smell reality. ;)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Your friends theory on weed would honestly be an awesome plot for a movie.

Kind of reminds me of this one stoner buddy of mine who swears that the earth is flat and that Satan is a dragon flying around it making people do evil things... I shit you not.

different

First you say Harvard, then you give a broken link to CalPoly.......
I was logged in and it gave the secure https link instead of the public...
Harvard has done studies, as have many others, and the info is available in this database, which happens to be one of my alma matters (and it is a quality database).
guides.lib.calpoly.edu/az.php
It requires reading comprehension and novice search skills.
Something is off here.
Denial is powerful.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
If you want to ponder that thought more, check out the book BOTANY OF DESIRE.

Is the plant in control?
I think it’s a matter of perspective.
I like the premise of the book, but feel the author didn't support the hypothesis in the body of the text. I was dissapointed in the text in the book, but dig the premise.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't intend it that way, more as further reading that questions our ideas about human plant relationships and the nature of plants. Pollan is less controversial. Stamets I think has interesting ideas on the function of mycorrhizal networks acting as a "fungal internet" in forested areas.

All good, ‘Botany’ is the book I was thinking of anyway.

herbgreen

Veteran
Evolutionary survival

We are doing it all the time we may be aware of only a fraction of what we do

Plants probably dont think like us but they are aware even if that seems amazing

Telephatic?? that seems fantastic but these experiment say that plants pick up on our thoughts and intentions....

The Secret Life of Plants... Thompkins

Anyway theres a movie by the same name on youtube its also a really good book

The Secret Life of Plants documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWcVnMPChM

This is another pretty good one...

What Plants Talk About (Full Documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrrSAc-vjG4

=========================================================================================

Last edited:

EasyGoing

I was logged in and it gave the secure https link instead of the public...
Harvard has done studies, as have many others, and the info is available in this database, which happens to be one of my alma matters (and it is a quality database).
guides.lib.calpoly.edu/az.php
It requires reading comprehension and novice search skills.

Denial is powerful.

LOL, you gave me a list of hundreds of studies from CalPoly's main data base, that have nothing to do with the topic on hand. Give me one study please......:tiphat: Super lame dude

CaptainDankness

If that's true than potatoes secretly conquered Ireland. Lol, Rice rules Asia and corn controls America. I believe more corn is grown than cannabis worldwide everyone I know who doesn't smoke weed still eats corn, then we have vegans.

Of course cannabis is great, I just happen to eat more weight in corn.

Brother Nature

This is a weird conversation. It's all about perception. I've been 'addicted' to both coke and heroin, but have beaten both so does the mean I was really addicted to them? There are physical elements to both the aforementioned substances, but through determination and dedication people overcome that shit so perhaps it's up to self control?

I don't believe anything has power over us, at least in the way those in the AA spectrum believe, however everything has an intelligence. And, as touched on in the 'Botany of Desire' (there's also a video documentary for those short on time), Cannabis has this intelligence, that's why it's still here, pretty much indispensable to us, and why some of us find it hard to not abuse it. Many plants have this, cannabis is just one of the only ones that's not socially accepted.

I'm not saying that people with abuse issues shouldn't find ways to help themselves, more that you shouldn't blame a living element that is simply trying to live for your own issues. We as humans can only really control ourselves, so maybe we should focus on that instead.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just remember that without plants.....none of us would be here.

.....but without humans, plants still flourish.

*They don't need us, but we sure do need them.