What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stick Tight Fleas. 8 weeks of Diligence to eraticate

Medfinder

Chemon 91
This infestation started out with a crawling sensation on my hair and shoulders

Then bites like pin pricks.

Using Food grade diatomaceous earth i managed to get some adult fleas for examination.

Seems like these fleas are chemically resistant to many pesticides.

they are resistant because these like birds more than other warm blooded mammals.

Ive dealt with root aphids mites brown recluse black widows and termites but this was unreal.

so far thrown at these after bagging clothes and cleaning beding on daily basis...

s methoprene piperbutyxide permethrins synthetic permitherins

C.S. optimate precor sprays imidacloprid spinosad a.d 3 different foggers types peppermint oils clove oils cedarwood oils etc..etc..

seems the IGR are starting to work ike fipronil and BIFEN XT.

I have no pets. these must have entered throw some AC HEAT vent system compromise,

very small adult flea type with huge proboskus that looks like a big gulp straw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqjGmX51Yo

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

fleas are attracted to the color green. they sell sticky pads to trap fleas, shine a green bulb right at the sticky pad and watch it fill with fleas right away.

better than using chemicals around your home.

St. Phatty

WOW we have something in common.

I had 3 kittens in a spare bedroom who shared their flea infestation with me.

They are now in new homes but the fleas remain.

Someone told me, 20 miner Borax or something like that, will kill the fleas in the carpet. 4 pounds spread over 100 square feet, something like that.

As far as the fleas on the bedding & clothing ... into the washer.

I thought it might be expeditious to just have the carpet in that room cleaned. Someone told me the eggs take about 45 days to hatch. But wouldn't carpet cleaning take the eggs AND the fleas ?

I have to stop typing now while I scratch the itch. :woohoo:

I'm not sure if it's just fleas, or also some plant allergy.

coldcanna

Veteran
They make powder you dust onto the floor then vacuum it up after a certain amount of time. Dry Petsmart or someplace similar

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Meddfinder, do you have an indoor grow going by any chance?

I had a terrible, out of control flea problem last year 'cause my dogs brought them into the house and then they started reproducing in the grow closet, they just loved the warmth.

The problem was brought under control when I moved the grow to another room that the dogs never visited.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Update....

Yes the sticktight fleas seem to be gone.

an HVAC unit with birds nest looks like the culprit.

again no pets. these came through vent duct supply and caused the infestation.

and yes 20 mule team borax in the carpets and vehicule and washing bedding every day.

also food grade diatomaceous earth has been deployed to to finish the job.

Now the bad news....

another microscopic pest now being eradicated from me and the environment.

this is the newest pest ive found on my skin...
Biology
The northern fowl mite, Ornithonyssus sylviarum, infests a wide variety of domestic fowl and wild birds and is the most important and common external parasite of poultry. Mites feed on blood.

under 100 power magnification this mite that bites is no under my own treatment to eradicate this unwanted pest from the nest of wild birds i was exposed too.

using permethrin 5 percent lotion and deet and if this doesn't work ill get ivermectin to take internally to supplement.

Good luck to any that may have these parasites you will need it.

redlaser

Veteran
Sounds miserable Medfinder, I always feel bad for my daughters friends when one of them can’t kick bedbugs.

Mites can be killed with 120 degree air, 120 degrees with steam even more effective.

The Terro company sells an effective ant bait that has a 5% sodium tetraborate (borax) in it.
Probably about 5% will kill other things as well, might be easy enough to make a solution from a box of borax to spray with as well.

Borax takes care of ants overnight for me, although the 5% solution is meant to be taken back to the nest to feed others, not an immediate death. So, possibly it should be made stronger for a contact effect.

St. Phatty

Borax takes care of ants overnight for me, although the 5% solution is meant to be taken back to the nest to feed others, not an immediate death. So, possibly it should be made stronger for a contact effect.

I'm learning it's a 'systemic' problem. In order to really deal with it I'd have to -
* give soap & water baths to both indoor cats.
* Borax the mattress where they sleep.
* Borax the rug around the mattress.
* wash & dry the pillows blanket etc.

All in the same day.

A 1000 watt grow-light comes in handy when you have to dry blankets sheets and pillows quickly. Works better than the drier !

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Sounds miserable Medfinder, I always feel bad for my daughters friends when one of them can’t kick bedbugs.

Mites can be killed with 120 degree air, 120 degrees with steam even more effective.

The Terro company sells an effective ant bait that has a 5% sodium tetraborate (borax) in it.
Probably about 5% will kill other things as well, might be easy enough to make a solution from a box of borax to spray with as well.

Update....

After throwing Insect growth regulators and 7 different chemicals daliy washing sheets baging clothes etc..etc..i found 3 things that began to work

first is permethrin 10 percent dr martins mixed in lotion 50/50

then started taking iVERMECTIN horse dewormer...yup couldnt get the doc to give me a scrip for ivermectin so i bought equine ivermectin...day 3 of dose for 250 lb amount i have my shirt off while i type with no bites on 20 min.

all my candida thrush athletes foot and other fungus is slowly going away too...

this equine ivermectin works for scabies fleas any sucking insects that use skin or blood to reproduce,

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING ANY HUMAN CONSUME THIS..

Ivermectin Paste Dewormer - 6.08g dose @ 1.87% Apple Flavor

https://www.amazon.com/Ivermectin-P...4360922&sr=8-1&keywords=ivermectin+for+horses

READ THE REVIEWS OF THAT LINK.. PEOPLE HAVE SPENT 8000 DOLLARS IN FAILING TO ERADICATE INSECTS THAT A 10 DOLLAR TUBE DESTROYS BUT IS NOT FOR HUMANS..WRAPPING GTHERE BODYS IN SARAN WRAP..ETC..ETC...