What's new

Bottled water from major brands have been found to contain tiny plastic particles

troutman

Seed Whore
This is why I don't drink bottled water. :moon:

- Bottled water has twice the amount of microplastic in it that tap water does, according to a new report.

- Some plastic bottles have as many as 10,000 of these microplastic parts in a single liter.

-They're often the same kind of plastic that is used to make the bottle caps.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bott...a-nestle-dasani-contains-microplastics-2018-3

I think it's time for me to get a water distiller and pure copper water container. :)

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There were a couple of scumbags named Richard Kayne and Edward Kalp from the boston area, originally from Baltimore who ran an operation in ft Lauderdale and Boston called rare coin galleries of America which fleeced people out of their life savings while calling the coins they sold rare when in fact they were not.

The federal government banned them from ever being in the coin business again. This was circa 1984 . Either one or both of these dirtbags went into a different business........the bottled water business.

Beware

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Maybe better to install an under counter RO unit.Relatively inexpensive, does not clean coliform but if you are on city water that has already been treated. (hopefully)

troutman

Seed Whore
Then use Brita filtered... i belive those filter can stop micro plastic..

Brita is made of plastic. :tiphat:

They sell these nice pure copper distillers online.

I wonder what else I can use this for? LOLZ

s-l400.jpg

CaptainDankness

Brita is made of plastic. :tiphat:

They sell these nice pure copper distillers online.

I wonder what else I can use this for? LOLZ

View Image

Lol, I was looking at one of them myself I have been saving all my whiskey bottles for moonshine. :biggrin:

Thankfully my water comes from a spring straight to my glass. Fuck plastic, that BPA shit is bad enough.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can taste the plastic in the water, or I can. I use a Brita filter and pitcher, which is bpa free plastic, then pour into a steel bottle.

You should also not microwave your food in plastic containers.

troutman

Seed Whore
I just received the water distiller from EBAY today. :)

Testing it out now with a few cups of water.

I'll try to not make corn mash for a while. :biggrin:

The copper pitcher will be my next purchase for clean water.

growingcrazy

Interested to hear what you think about them.

I have very clean well water but during runoff season in the spring I could use distiller to clean it up a bit.

My Wife is a glass freak ( in a good way). We don't store any food in plastic or really use it for anything except meat storage. Tasting plastic in water and food that have been stored in plastic is no good...and you will notice it more and more the less you consume it. Numerous grocery store items taste like plastic...

troutman

Seed Whore
I wish I had a clean well. Unfortunately, I live on stupid city water and hate chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals
and who knows what else. I would be willing to bet that a lot of health issues are related to plastics used in
the food industry.

Glass is good for storage.

Reverse osmosis is good too if you want another option to clean water.

Maybe, I'll get one of those too and try to not mess up my plumbing. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts