What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mystery indica.

Hey ic fam. I have had a mysterious strain for close to a decade. She came to me as a cut of querkle from tga seeds. But the source I scored the cut from is far from reputable. A couple things I've learned about her over the yrs are, she's deff indica Dom. Finnishing in 56/62 days. ,has unbelievable trichome production(most I've ever encountered), has the double sawtooth leaf trait, grows branchy and wide, and has a tasty grape, pez candy taste along with a cheesy smell.ive read the relationship between cheese strains and the double sawtooth leaf trait, I know tga seeds has worked with cheese buy I'm not familiar with which cut they use, and there's no cheese in the lineage of querkle. The way this strain produces resin, and the fact that she's Indi dom,almost leads me into the direction of deep chunk for thought, but that genetic is in the lineage of alot of indicas so,again I'm stumped.

Attachments

• IMG_20180213_001329.jpg
    IMG_20180213_001329.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG 20160529 182456 800x600
    IMG 20160529 182456 800x600
    135.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20171218_004614.jpg
    IMG_20171218_004614.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20171127_203427.jpg
    IMG_20171127_203427.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 13

GoatCheese

Veteran
Well, i have never grown Querkle but the stain description mentions grape-flavor, so maybe your cut really is a Querkle.

Second..

Querkle has C99 in it, and Haze/skunk strains from Nevil have many plants with double serration on the leaves, and so does many other strains that aren't even related to these hybrids, so oddly serrated leaves aren't a solid proof of anything.

UK Cheese apparently came from seeds made by Nevil/Sensi Seeds and Nevil prolly used related/same Skunk#1 in his Jack Herer/SSH (c99), so your cut maybe related to UK Cheese but perhaps not directly.
:)

I've also heard the thing about the northern lights lines having double serated leaves. As well as skunk relatives.i have always considered the strain to be what the person who gave it to me said it was , possibly a phenotype that's not common in the line.im going to be getting some samples tested soon and those results may give me some more clues. Thanks for your input goat!!!

Black flag, I've also considered, and researched into that .if it is, it's definitely not one of the common phenotypes I've observed. Though, these days I'm aware hybrids and polyhybrids express a very wide range of phenos.im still searching. Not giving up on possibilities that point twords older genetics, and also not excluding possibly that the strain is infact a querkle from tga seeds