What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kif in the Rif - Morocco 2018

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
A couple of other thoughts...

On altitude: Most of the Rif is above 1000m, so it is a really good sun and temperature are down is september, good for the resin. The locals seem to agree that the higher the better, I think especially when seeds have been "bred" there for a couple of generations, The resin we had access to were planted between 900-1300m.

On rosin : The german traveller we spent some time with has been traveling often to Morocco for the last 30 years. It was the second time he saw rosin, and totally had a blast. For sure, it was the strongest stuff he smoked in Morocco, followed closely by only a couple of hashs, and it was a pleasure to see an old timer discover a new world of possibilities...
The oil made here with alcohol here is nasty black, and due to the cooking for evaporation is loaded with CBN, so basically you go to sleep and the taste is very unpleasant, as some of you know....
The rosin on the contrary, is very uplifting, preventing you from sleeping, and provides the full range of effects that you find in the hash. Because it is raw, it vaporizes in spliffs rather than burn, and provides you with an equivalent of a dabbing experience, both in taste and effects. It can also be very easily handled on top of some hashish ashes on a sipsi, pipes that are available in most shops.
All the hashes we pressed gave us some very nice shatter, very hard and breakable. The bildya is less terpy than our good homegrown stuff, but as I mentioned before still as an overall awesome high

Bildya Rosin

mmm crema de "Kushk"

Resin Heads on a Bildya bract

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
And mack 10, can you get the farmers to make the quality you made? By the 100 Kg?
-SamS
Hey Sam,
We gonna try too at harvest season.
Even if we have to buy the 100k of buds...lol

The main problem is explaining that there is a market for top grade sift, oils and Rosins.

Some of the Hash powders where only 30% heads,
Which is a lot or cleaning.

Most of their Hash powders looked quiet good to the untrained eye,
However it can be mostly stalks ,hairs and dirt/dust.
(the dust really messed with the static tech
It just collected crap!)

I could def see industrial Rosin production,
That could be pulled off.

We also swopped some seeds for hash, we also got to see the growsite for our seeds, nearly full sun, good water very near,
Great spot.
So we hope to use fresh buds with a good sized resin heads.

Time will tell,
They are really set in there 250k to 1-1.5kilo way.s

Trying to tell them 100k buds to 100g hash is what we want.
Might take some persuasion...
Money talks though.
They understand that for sure.

Some eyebrows we def raised when they saw and puffed some nice Rosin...:dance013:

Pics of all the action still to come.

mack 10

Veteran
Great pics @Titoon.

See the mad screen they used above.
The resin bounces around on each drum tap.

@ Titoon, man that was a trip,
The car crash in the first 2 mins of being there, could of been a disaster.
That was just super lucky I noticed that island...
WOwsers!

ANyone into adventure take the night drive from fez to Chef.
White knuckles for sure.

Don't forget to pack your hair straighteners
:)

The High from that Azilla was some of the best smoke in many years.
ANd believe when Titoon says smoked out we talking
15-20g of hash mixed with mucho rosin.
My excuse was the altitude, super strong coffee and maybe 1gram of rosin too much...
lol.

If you want ti see some crazy shit take some whiskey with you.
WE had to make a couple of sharp exits when things start to go crazy.

We should of got them to join ic mag!!

Badfishy1

Thx titoon. I know the basics of it, was wondering if you had run across anything in your readings that would be of value to read. Trip looks amazing

GROOW

Bellissimo thread.........
Ti ringrazio per avermi fatto viaggiare e sognare seduto su una sedia.

EvergreenState

Titoon for king of the World. It's always a special treat when you post a new adventure thread. Thank You!:tiphat: Best wishes, stay safe.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey Ic folks. Hello from Mexico, you ll get some news from Oaxaca soon ! Of course more Moroccon picts and stories coming, been on the travel for a little while, and eating some rosin at every step of the way ^^

mack 10

Veteran
Pix

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_165328.jpg
    IMG_20180205_165328.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20180205_165319.jpg
    IMG_20180205_165319.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20180205_120930.jpg
    IMG_20180205_120930.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 57

covert

Hello IC friends and foes !

I have been hanging around Xaouen for a few weeks, likely a couple more. Been digging a little bit more into the culture, the growing, the production of Kif, and playing around with some resin :biggrin: I hope this thread will shade even more light on the Moroccan hash production...

[

Awesome writeup and I'm definitely going to read it closer for sure!

When I read Xaouen I became puzzled thinking is this an ancient Chinese land but then the thread was about Morocco... wow... is this city a Chinese financed outreach perhaps? Kudos to you for going on the trip.

And aside from hoping you'll shed rather than shade the light which you're obviously not, it's a fantastic thing to be able to witness this in the wild. I hope to stand amongst some wild plants at some point and will likely plan a trip or two myself. Fantastic write up once again.

mack 10

Veteran
still got loads of pics to add to this,
they are stuck on an older iphone
and im just trying to work out how i can download them to here.
as it has no memory card chip,
been trying to bluetooth them to another phone
but it won't work with HTC to Vodaphone ?

anyone got any ideas?

hazyfontazy

Veteran
still got loads of pics to add to this,
they are stuck on an older iphone
and im just trying to work out how i can download them to here.
as it has no memory card chip,
been trying to bluetooth them to another phone
but it won't work with HTC to Vodaphone ?

anyone got any ideas?

usb to laptop ?

covert

Gotta use iphoto and sync up with itunes to get anything of those apple devices

Just be aware that Apple photo programs have deep learning algorithms.

It can identify picture subjects and group plants or ‘related’ photos in spooky ways into albums and so on.

Also beware of Photo sync which sends off pictures into online storage linked to your apple id.

You really need to be more careful with Apple overall. Too much metadata and spooky processes running behind the scenes. Hard to lock down.

They track everything. The credit card you used to buy the machine is forever linked to the hardware for example.

My advice would be to avoid Apple with cannabis pictures unless you are in a legal grow situation.

NotYourSaviour

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Thanks again for your report, Titoon29/Mack10.

While I have grasped the part you guys were not able to proper dry sift resin there respectively using static tech for some reasons(though I read from others supposedly doing so) your focus on rosin is quite a letdown personally as rosin tech is a bit of barbarism to me(Note: also know you guys were refering to rosin from hashish not grass).

Attention, start of random off-topic rant about rosin so just skip: I mean hashish culture is quite old and suddenly people are satisfied with this philistine technique. Don't get me wrong I need no high tech but do-it-yourself-stuff. Though all that extracts and wannabe pharmarcists/chemists of the last decade with their amateurish set-ups out there are getting ridiculous.
Only thing worth mentioning is the fact rosin needs no solvents which is a big point!
No problem with new techniques here as I always try first before judging but to me there is something changing if you apply heat to resin ; too processed for my taste. Also if you compare an apple with apple not from concentrate juice there is a difference ; apple in itsself tastes sorta different to the juice and vice versa so it is nice having the juice every now and then but apple in itsself rules(I know this is a lame comparison as hashish in itsself is already a concentrate but maybe someone sees my point that there is something lost within this concentrate even though I'm coming accross like a new ager or stuff:laughing:). Let alone oils in general skyrocketing my tolerance and I can't enjoy any grass or traditional hashish anymore since I barely feel any effects then(let alone people in my environment claim concentrates are all so more healthy, especially since most of them smoke now more of such oils than they did with other gear then as man is a creature of habit?). It's an okish substitute for proper hash but not more in my humble opinion. Of course each to their own again and in no way I want to discuss rosin in this thread as it is just off-topic but couldn't hold myself back, sorry. End of random off-topic rant about rosin.

Last but not least: I don't blame you guys respectively I don't think it's an good idea denying new techniques to people in the know but as reported before a guy around my neck of the woods started to go to Morocco regularly with a bunch of butane cans 'to show them berbers to effectively using their crop', yuk. So I take it if this rosin technique additionally spreading further it is only a matter of time until they lace subpar resin with it ; no one can blame them at all as it is all about profit in this poor region. Though I'm sure there will probably always be a niche market for people like me looking for resin otherwise if Morocco and others don't legalize I'll get my arse up and doing it like SamTheSkunkman pointed out and finally fuck my nostalgia as I don't appreciate such development and grow my own again ; particularly for my own resin. Seem to have blocked out that unconvenient truth about imports for too long now. Bummer though and hope dies last I suppose;).

You know what? Until then I still treat myself with some top grade moroccan which I got my hands on very recently if there is an opportunity for exclusive qualities every now and then; foreign genetics somewhat kushy and came as unpressed powder/kief loosely sticking together.

Keep up the good work and all the best for your next projects and journeys:thank you:!