What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

BillFarthing

Veteran
I've been on a quest to find a powdered soluble fertilizer with biostimulants included. I have used several including Veg+Bloom and One Way To Grow. I am finishing up a run with Greenleaf Megacrop, which turned out very well.

Yes, they are the guys that used to sell Advanced copycat nutes for cheaper. Don't let that fool you, this stuff is good. It has aminos, silica, B-vitamins, chitosan, kelp, enzymes and an NPK that is suitable from start to finish.

The drawbacks I can think of are not using humics, which don't play well with chitosan/silica in this fertilizer. It is also hard to balance the proper ppm of N in flower. They put up a calculator on their website to help with that.

I personally tried it and will be using it as my base fertilizer. Has anyone else tried this stuff?

clearheaded

missed out on there giveaway as it seems pretty cool. I am happy things are getting "simpler" so more folks dont get overwelmed. how many newbies are like what 3 part is best how do i mix when do i add what? what other BS do I NEED to add to grow the dank..

Desert Hydro

Veteran
killing it in veg. this is 2.5 days in tupur hand watered daily.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171231_151140.jpg
    MVIMG_20171231_151140.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 93
  • MVIMG_20180103_175730.jpg
    MVIMG_20180103_175730.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 87

mcnasty

i have a sample coming but its not enough for my rez so im just gonna order the 25lb bag, it looks all around better than jacks which is what i use now.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
We tried out a company called Key to Life for a run which did not go well. I think there might be something to their microbe blend but everything else was not for our system. I could see it performing well in coco or rockwool but in our peat, it bombed.

mcnasty

i just mixed my sample up into a res for one of my flo n gro systems. Ill say right off the bat it dissolves instantly! no shit on the bottom, no shaking forever, real nice change from jacks there. We'll see what the plants say

This should be used with a higher p&k in bloom. It's just too much nitrogen for flower. That's not to say your crop won't look great, but there's no need for so much N, the plant isn't going to use all of that and in a recirculating system you'll end up with an over abundance of N depending on how often you dump and refill. DTW setups would see better results since you're always feeding a fresh batch of nutes. MG does look like a good value but I'd recommend buying a 5 pound bag of MKP for a p&k boost after a couple weeks of 12/12.

mcnasty

So far so good with megacrop under luminus and vero29 cobs. I have no mag issues, the PH is stable as hell. the plants are all praying and super happy. I haven't finished a flower run yet but im about 3.5 weeks in and they are stacking great so far. Im running it at about 5.5-6g per gallon in flower. I do 4g in veg. I add a bit of their sweet candy, and some bennies.

Megacrop is my nutrient from now on its looking. Just cant beat the simplicity and price. The ingredients are better than most lines also. I dont recall ever seeing a line with amino acid chelated minerals save for that nectar of the gods line (i think) which is crazy expensive.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I used this with my tap which is around 325ppm, at first it's was doing fine at 2g's per gallon but when I started bumping it up more it caused excessive Calmag problems. This is might be a fine product for someone that uses 0ppm water, but for me it's back to my tried and trusty GH Flora line. Only if Greenleaf Nutes made a hard water version with less Cal.

Rondon

Iam pulling the trigger on a 22 pound bag myself. At 55$ it would save me some cash and these days Iam all about saving in nutrient costs without all the mixing. Its got all the biostimulant additives in it already. And all amino acid mineral chelation. For all you users out there...would if benefit to add extra k silicate to the drain to waste tanks or does Mega Crop have enough? I do like the more robust stem & leaf strength and stress/pm/bug resistance a good 30 to 50 ppm of K Silicate gives me. Also...would adding BioAg Fulpower Fulvic acid at 10 ml a gallon play nice with this fertilizer? Its my understanding that this is the only supplement that is not added to MegaCrop.

Bwanabud

Iam pulling the trigger on a 22 pound bag myself. At 55$ it would save me some cash and these days Iam all about saving in nutrient costs without all the mixing. Its got all the biostimulant additives in it already. And all amino acid mineral chelation. For all you users out there...would if benefit to add extra k silicate to the drain to waste tanks or does Mega Crop have enough? I do like the more robust stem & leaf strength and stress/pm/bug resistance a good 30 to 50 ppm of K Silicate gives me. Also...would adding BioAg Fulpower Fulvic acid at 10 ml a gallon play nice with this fertilizer? Its my understanding that this is the only supplement that is not added to MegaCrop.

Found the great pricing at their site,,,still concerned about the N profile for flower ?, I'm going to try it out for a veg run first.

I used this with my tap which is around 325ppm, at first it's was doing fine at 2g's per gallon but when I started bumping it up more it caused excessive Calmag problems. This is might be a fine product for someone that uses 0ppm water, but for me it's back to my tried and trusty GH Flora line. Only if Greenleaf Nutes made a hard water version with less Cal.

Strange, I found myself reaching for a bottle of CalMag with 0 PPM water. Or adding back CaCO3 using Olympus Up till pH was 5.8-6.2. I've been trying these nutes for a few weeks, and my jury is not convinced. I believe the previous 25lbs of powder I bought might work a tad better and it balances my tap water for a total Ca of 150ppm without adding CalMag.

The drawbacks I can think of are not using humics, which don't play well with chitosan/silica in this fertilizer. It is also hard to balance the proper ppm of N in flower. They put up a calculator on their website to help with that.

Ah.. Well, I've been adding Urb Natural which has a high-power 12% Humic from Humalite. These two do not mix? The owner of greenleaf didn't seem to want to talk me out of using fulvic/humic but said it was doubling up on chelation which greenleaf already had. I've had such good results with Urb I do not want to stop using it at all. Urb/GrowMore Kelp 5:2 = Best looking plants I've had.

Rondon

Iron is the stubborn element and I would think a quality fulvic acid would be mixed in Mega Crop if they arent using the usual man made chelates like edta..dtpa..& eddha. Apparently amino acids chelate iron as well..which I didnt know.

It makes sense calmag would help; iron EDTA is in that and iron is the first micro to fall out of availability in most cases.

Hi all. Sorry we are late to the party here, will try to give the best answers possible, and also setup some special free giveaways for anyone interested in the next few weeks.

You can see the full label here
MClowres.png

So, it has 0.1% pure Si, which converts to higher if you are using SiO2 scale, which we think is pretty adequate. So, we are interested to hear feeding back you think we should add in more, but our initial testing and research showed this amount to be optimal for Cannabis.

It makes sense calmag would help; iron EDTA is in that and iron is the first micro to fall out of availability in most cases.

MEGA CROP has Iron Amino Acid Chelate, so it doesn't have any EDTA at all. As far as the CalMag issue, I would be interested to see pictures, but it could possibly by a Magnesium deficiency, since we have a few customers are who saying they have run into CalMag issues, but I think its magnesium. So I would definitely like to look into more any problems anyone is reporting or feedback/improvements!

Rondon

The majority of nute problem plants in my experience has been pH related or a very magnesium hungry cultivar. Even with a coco coir substrate...calcium hardly ever is a problem. Especially pre washed abd buffered coir and using a high calcium nitrate/low potassium base fertilizer. And even though iron doesnt show visual symptoms...in leaf tissue analysis it has came up low in the past. Using many popular hobby hydroponic nutrient brands.

The majority of nute problem plants in my experience has been pH related or a very magnesium hungry cultivar. Even with a coco coir substrate...calcium hardly ever is a problem. Especially pre washed abd buffered coir and using a high calcium nitrate/low potassium base fertilizer. And even though iron doesnt show visual symptoms...in leaf tissue analysis it has came up low in the past. Using many popular hobby hydroponic nutrient brands.

Yes, we are going to increase the magnesium in future production of MEGA CROP very likely. Currently it is 1.9%, but a few people are mentioning some "calmag" issues, which I think is simply magnesium issues since the Cal is pretty high (6.5%).

So, currently we have 3 separate magnesium sources to ensure maximum absorption range, and we will probably keep the 3 sources but increase the total amount to possibly 2.2-2.5% if possible without having to make too many other changes.

The good news is, Magnesium is pretty damn easy and cheap to fix, anyone can just add epsom salts and boost magnesium really quickly immediately if they feel like they aren't getting enough. No need to even buy a dedicated Calmag supplement. :woohoo:

So, for people who are using heavy coco, or a magnesium heavy cultivar, and notice some mag problems, you could just add in extra magnesium very easy. So, even in this case, it would be at most 2 products, MEGA CROP and Mag booster, which is still a far improvement from even a 3 part or 10 part nutrient line.

Also, maybe some people have heard about MEGA CROP, are on the fence about buying it or trying it? We are offering a special promotion now on another site for FREE MEGA CROP, you can order 1000g size free from the website with code:
AFN

link to order https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/mega-crop/

Please feel free to use it here, our goal is to have as many people try it for free as possible, we also have a standing free 230g size on the website that anyone can get anytime. Looking forward to any feedback or questions here! This site has a lot of good minds and expert growers so we want to do our best to answer questions and leave a good impression. :thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts