What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

QWET extraction from high cbd flowers

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I have some Med Tree Seeds Richness F1 that are finishing up that I plan to make extracts with. This strain is Valentine X (20:1 CBD:THC) x Rainmaker (10:1 CBD:THC) and looks quite frosty with CBD percentages likely in the low 20s. I don't care if there is 1-2 % of THC.

So, my basic question is: Do I just treat these flowers as if high-THC and do a standard low temp QWET?

Any other tips to keep to max CBD through purge?

Thanks.

WFF

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some Med Tree Seeds Richness F1 that are finishing up that I plan to make extracts with. This strain is Valentine X (20:1 CBD:THC) x Rainmaker (10:1 CBD:THC) and looks quite frosty with CBD percentages likely in the low 20s. I don't care if there is 1-2 % of THC.

So, my basic question is: Do I just treat these flowers as if high-THC and do a standard low temp QWET?

Thanks.

WFF

We extract both the same. The cold keeps the water solubles and longer chain molecules at bay.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Thanks GW! Hoping that you would chime in! Will proceed as usual.

I know that it is completely subjective, but has your testing panels indicated a preferred ratio blend of thc to cbd for pain relief with psychoactive effects?

WFF

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks GW! Hoping that you would chime in! Will proceed as usual.

I know that it is completely subjective, but has your testing panels indicated a preferred ratio blend of thc to cbd for pain relief with psychoactive effects?

WFF

The CBD will work all by its lonesome for pain relief.

High CBD will seriously impede getting high from the THC present.

I personally like strains and phenotypes like the 50/50% Cannatonic.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
The CBD will work all by its lonesome for pain relief.

High CBD will seriously impede getting high from the THC present.

I personally like strains and phenotypes like the 50/50% Cannatonic.

Thanks. Just curious if the CBD effect (seriously impede getting high from the THC present) is long lasting in that if you smoke thc later, or are you talking about the effect of smoking/vaping CBD & THC at the same time?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. Just curious if the CBD effect (seriously impede getting high from the THC present) is long lasting in that if you smoke thc later, or are you talking about the effect of smoking/vaping CBD & THC at the same time?

Mostly in combination.

I've passed a high CBD joint and wrecked a group high, but it wears off.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Do you find CBD is most effectively administered (for pain relief) in smoke/vape or edible oil form? Should I do a max decarboxylation at 250F to convert all CBD if making oil? Does anything bad happen if I decarb too long? If the THC is converted to CBN, does this have a complimentary effect with CBD?

From your old SPR site - "When we heat cannabis to convert the THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD, we are also converting THC to CBN at a faster rate. At about 70% decarboxylation, we actually start converting THC to CBN at a faster rate than we are converting THCA to THC, so as you can see by the following graph, after about 70% decarboxylation, the levels of THC actually start to fall sharply. That of course means that the CBN also begins to rise and the medication is becoming more sedative."

Appreciate the knowledge as always!!! Thanks for your time!!!

WFF

oldchuck

Veteran
I'm wondering about decarbing high CBD flowers. I think I read someplace you need a higher temp for good CBD decarbing.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you find CBD is most effectively administered (for pain relief) in smoke/vape or edible oil form? Should I do a max decarboxylation at 250F to convert all CBD if making oil? Does anything bad happen if I decarb too long? If the THC is converted to CBN, does this have a complimentary effect with CBD?

From your old SPR site - "When we heat cannabis to convert the THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD, we are also converting THC to CBN at a faster rate. At about 70% decarboxylation, we actually start converting THC to CBN at a faster rate than we are converting THCA to THC, so as you can see by the following graph, after about 70% decarboxylation, the levels of THC actually start to fall sharply. That of course means that the CBN also begins to rise and the medication is becoming more sedative."

Appreciate the knowledge as always!!! Thanks for your time!!!

WFF

I administer it orally and vape in between as required.

If you are watching the bubbles, you can tell exactly when you're done, regardless of whether it is CBD or THC.

Overdoing it lowers the THC/CBD content and increases the CBN.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm wondering about decarbing high CBD flowers. I think I read someplace you need a higher temp for good CBD decarbing.

250F works well for us and we just watch the bubbles.

L

Livelyup

COOK THE LEAVES N EAT EM!!!

COOK THE LEAVES N EAT EM!!!

Thanks.

WFF

You will be amazed at how well it works. Simmer in water over low heat until they wilt; I add a little olive oil to make them more palatable. Hours and hours of relief.