What's new

opinion please! norcal

New to outdoor growing in Mendocino. If you were new to outdoor growing would you rather do 25 100 gallons plants or 50 65 gallon. Also in 65 gallon air pots is it easy to pull 2 per with good soil n feed organic teas n organic folair feed. Thanks strains running Barry white, gg#4, chem d x I95, ancient og, sfv, long valley royal kush, an a couple monkey ball crosses. Thanks for your opinion.

R

Robrites

I think it comes down to time management. Can you work the grow full time for 6 months or will you be working an outside job? 25 Super-Plants will beat out 50 regular plants in quality and yield.

Will be working grow full time, taking over for some that is to old. If you go with 100s when do you put clones out an what size do want them when you put them out.

Top_Shelf_Farm

New to outdoor growing in Mendocino. If you were new to outdoor growing would you rather do 25 100 gallons plants or 50 65 gallon. Also in 65 gallon air pots is it easy to pull 2 per with good soil n feed organic teas n organic folair feed. Thanks strains running Barry white, gg#4, chem d x I95, ancient og, sfv, long valley royal kush, an a couple monkey ball crosses. Thanks for your opinion.

Don't fuck around with more than 25 here. Go for the 100's

mendo420

Veteran
Why not more then 25 I am out in the middle of no where north of covelo. Not even 50

you should get up to speed on the regulations in Mendocino before you take on such a project.

Mendocino health and safety code.

Including the north coast regional water quality control board requirements.

Sounds like they are setting you up for epic fail.....

theJointedOne

Veteran
I mean if soil is no problem do 25 800's ala senor mendo..

You could prob get 7-8 each, or more. Just make sure you use seed that is nld dominant, imho wld's are rare to get that big poundage, but not impossible.

Make sure your h2o source is reliable

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Covelo ain;t no walk in the park, since you mention details.. (Not recommended).

Be sure you know all there is to know about the immediate area, teens in the nabe, people who may use the property to cross over to another. Any late night 'caser outers' last year..? Anything at all. Covelo ain't a gimme.

Always be prepared. And keep your mud. Trust is a tall order in NorCal, and Covelo in particular.

Beautiful areas to go play in the sun. Be bold, fellow. No other way.

KK

I will be working with a indain fam. That's been in the area there whole life an they are part family. Water has to be shipped in at a discounted rate an payed for at the end of the season. 25 100s it will be.

plantingplants

Box Farmer, I have 300 gal pots of $50/yd soil.. nutrified redwood, pumice, not amended much, one season old. Would you suggest replacing it all with good soil like #4 or mixing in new soil? Or just mixing in amendments? Should I keep half a yard of the old soil and mix in 1.5 yard good soil? Should I cut my pot number and make 2.5 yard mounds, keeping the old soil and just mixing in 1 yd good soil? Maybe just amending is best?